User Tag List

Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is the nicest weather day in our 2 week forecast. When our kids got home from school and did their short after school routine, I took our kids for a big walk/hike to the public library, a solid 3km round trip. We walked the shortest route, which involved sidewalks and cutting across the exhibition grounds (field) to get there. We exchanged library resources and went home the same way. Then I shovelled our double wide driveway before having supper.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Mar 8th, 2022 at 11:40 AM.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yesterday was a 2.5km walk and a10km ride . Needed to get a walk in since we finally had some sunshine again.

Long dat at work today so it’s weights day tonight.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So I’ve been doing 30-45 min pop walk intervals and have changed them to walk/runs instead of speed walking and regular walking. I’ve been given the ok to start running again but have a particular program I’m supposed to follow. Granted I’ve stretched it a bit more but the fantastic news is that I have had ZERO pain during or afterwards. Now I’m only up to 3.5 km and I need to run a 10k but I’m super happy. I know this years sun run will be worse in my time but that’s ok. I can still run and that’s all that matters. I’m going to give it my best!

Not sure what I’ll do today. The weather is not nice so I’ll probably hit the mat for weights and then a ride.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Tuesday-4km pop walk

Wednesday- 10km ride after work

today- planning a ride, stretching ( been slacking) and a weight class. Send some motivating vibes my way

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

For the last month I’ve been doing some basic stretching as part of my bedtime routine.

I’ve been working some longer days and I have been tired. Still cooking supper every night, kids to take care of.

It’s the start of a long weekend in our school division. The weather is surprisingly warm, which is turning the snow into puddles. I’m looking forward to playing outside with our kids. It’ll be good for my body and mind.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Stretching is so important especially as this old lady gets older and I know I’m not as consistent as I should be. I know I’ve fallen off the stretch bandwagon when I wake up feeling like I’m 90+!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Completed a 12km ride. Man! They really make you work for it! I did my full body stretch after and it of course it helped a ton.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is the first warm day of our long weekend and it’s the warmest weekend in our forecast. I took the kids for a 2km walk this morning. Later this afternoon we spent 1.5hrs playing and helping water drain. Our back alley needed help, water around our relatively small yard, and water in our nearby park. We primarily just used our rubber boots to clear pants and help it drain. I can feel it in my hips and legs. I still find it fun to play in the water, but it’s also a bit of prevention. It was +10 today and there’s still snow and ice to melt.
    harbie likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Angela273 I love drain clearing. Dh calls me the drain police because I can’t walk past on that’s blocked with leaves.

The last few days I’ve been just doing the minimum. Stretching and meditation. It’s been a bit of a tough go at it but I’m ok with that. Sometimes things don’t always go as planned and I need to adjust and be ok with that. Today is a new day.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lord knows I've been on this weight loss train a few times now, and it's always been a great ride, ( especially enjoyable when good supportive friends are on the train with you! ) and you both experience success along with feeling so much healthier. Shameful bragging often occurs.
    However, this time it's different. I HAD to do it for medical reasons..... No more fudging about!
    Since Jan 20th I've earned my bragging rights ( yet again ) by dropping 35 pounds. I have a ways to go, but this is only by switching the diet up, NO " intentional " exercise has been added to my daily routine, although funny enough I feel more energy since dropping some weight and have tackled many mundane household tasks ( chores ) that were ignored since the pandemic hit.
    No one had visited us in 2 years, making it very easy NOT to clean as thoroughly as we do. Tsk, tsk, tsk!
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Mar 30th, 2022 at 05:09 PM.
    harbie, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Congratulations @walkonby 35lbs is a fantastic feat! Us know sometimes it takes a medical reason to get us motivated. I say as long as it motivates us it doesn’t matter the reason.

For us it was Dh’s dad. He’s had a rocky relationship and my relationship with him has been up and down(mostly down and when it was up it was a bold faced lie). Dh wanted to never be like his dad and then he had a heart attack and needed a triple. That was when Dh started by walking and I joined him. I passed a kidney stone and then went plant based since I still have a few left . Dh went plant based and since we both noticed a HUGE difference in how we felt by just that we started exercising more and I ended up finding my love of running and last year we did our first 10k and the second in coming up in April.

For the first time in my life (I’ve struggle with my weight always) my focus was first cardio health, then core and flexibility to help with my back injury and as it turns out weight loss was a pleasant “side effect “. I still have a long way to go but I’m not weighing myself, I go by clothing size. I’m down 3 pant sizes and most importantly my cardio health is amazing!

Keep up the good work

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh @harbie !! My goodness, you sure know of what you speak. What I find so wonderful is that you guys took this leap together!
    That is everything. When those exercise and weight loss " highs " are experienced by both of you, that eliminates any frustration in trying to describe to a partner how great you feel.
    Yes...keep on going!!
    harbie, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@walkonby it’s definitely easier when you have a partner for sure. Funny thing is that our Friday night’s and date nights sure look different then they used to! Now instead of eating junk and movies and any other non activity things are replaced with full on gym workouts ( pre Covid ) or now it’s doing the peloton, running the track or even just long walks ( I’m talking 5km +). I admit I kinda like the walks the most because it’s time for us to just talk and be in the moment. We have been able to talk about everything from current finances to long term retirement plans to what we want for dinner .

Keep up the good work!

Hope the weather holds long enough for a run tonight after work.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I ''force'' myself to do a 3 km walk everyday in small walks during my 2 breaks time
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try changing your perspective. Don't think of it as 'forcing' yourself to do a chore. Think of it as, "I have the privilege and great opportunity to get fresh air, Vitamin D, and a chance to stretch my legs, when many others cannot enjoy such basic gifts from Mother Nature."
    harbie, Angela273 and cath007 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information