User Tag List

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It was 60 days ago.......I started another ( hopefully the last time ) adventure into eating healthier, eating cleaner, eating less, and eating less often, drinking water ( and my homemade mean green juice ) as my choices of beverage and recording every meal daily in a food journal.
    Pretty decent results so far considering absolutely NO physical exercise is being done.
    ( I know @Lynn49 will agree this method does work )

Have lost 26 lbs to date.

Initially I was drinking plenty of homemade green juice, almost as a one-meal replacement each day but I think starting next week I am going to stop making the juice and see what happens over say a 2 week stretch.
    If I still lose the projected 2-3 lbs per week as I have been doing, then fine, if I see it slow down I will reintroduce the juice once again.

This time I am not going " crazy " with weighing every morsel of protein or measuring every ingredient when I concoct a dish.
    I just try to estimate the amount used of any of the " less helpful foods " ( these fall into the teaspoon/tablespoon category, like Peanut Butter, Mayo, pure maple syrup or sauces/dressings, hummus ) and so far I am pleased with the outcomes.

I do go overboard with as many of the " more helpful " or as some consider them " free veggies " ( any non starchy leafy greens ) and they do make up over 3/4 of any of my dinner plate servings.

I do swear by the regimen of gluten free, lactose free, no salt, no sugar and only good fats ( evoo, sesame oil, coconut oil ) as these things work best for me.
    Having a more relaxed mind set this time around about being in no hurry to drop all of the weight by a certain date.
    If it takes me well into Xmas of next year, so be it!
    I want this to be the lifestyle change I have been wanting to achieve for quite some time.
    Onward and downward!!
    ( on the scale I mean )
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Aug 10th, 2017 at 02:17 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Attachment 334329 My first attempt making a mason jar salad. My honey grilled us each a chicken breast to go with our lunch. Excited to try it tomorrow
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Attachment 334329 My first attempt making a mason jar salad. My honey grilled us each a chicken breast to go with our lunch. Excited to try it tomorrow
    @Frugalbigmama the attachment did not work, but I am sure your jar salads were a hit! Congrats on making those up.

This is day 80 for me, a little bit of a letdown though on this last cycle, I showed a mere ONE pound loss over a 10 day stretch. Oh well, any loss is better than a gain!! Total loss is thirty pounds since June 10th.

Carry on losers!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

finally the plateau seems to have been broken! 32 lbs total lost now.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My honey and I went for a good hour long walk last night. Plan to do it again tonight.

I came to work with a bag of food!

Breakfast: Oatmeal with almond milk and a banana

Lunch: BLSL chicken breast grilled, rice and grilled veggies (Zucchini, peppers, onion and carrots)

Afternoon snack: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup raw almonds.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Frugalbigmama the attachment did not work, but I am sure your jar salads were a hit! Congrats on making those up.

This is day 80 for me, a little bit of a letdown though on this last cycle, I showed a mere ONE pound loss over a 10 day stretch. Oh well, any loss is better than a gain!! Total loss is thirty pounds since June 10th.

Carry on losers!
    Not sure why my pictures aren't showing up anymore . The salad was good for my 1st attempt. Will try it again for sure.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have reached 100 days.
    Total lbs lost 34.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Haven't really lost any weight in the last few weeks but I'll keep trying. I do feel better though overall with everything I have been trying. I did have a bit of pop but only bought 1 6pk of pepsi over the last couple months because it was on sale for $2.00 and drink it slowly. The apple cider vinegar seems to have helped my gout because since starting it I have no pain in my feet or legs. Haven't needed motrin or advil in a couple weeks. Also been eating pretty well with lots of good smoothies and ice cream made of bananas and almond milk for snacks.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@cabmonk I finally gave up pop about 2 yrs ago after 35 years of drinking it. I discovered that I love the bubbles so now I use a soda stream and drink carbonated water. It's a hard habit to break.
    I started running again. Could have done without the return of summer though. But so far I am on week three and it feels good.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh I have also used sparkling water mixed with lemon juice and stevia and It was pretty good. I actually don't need to drink pop but once and a while it's ok. I will actually go a couple months before having even 1. Hope everything goes well or you.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am back on track and never going back!! Totally eating clean. On day 3 and so proud of myself. I always have and excuse an ruin it at the end of the day. To kick start myself I am trying no sugar, bread etc. Down the road I would like to have bread now and then but I have to start somewhere. Meeting my friend at the gym tonight. Will still use treadmill at home (more so in winter) but need to get out and thinking actually going to the gym will encourage me.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Oct 24th, 2017 at 10:52 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Day 6. Haven't cheated at all. So unlike me. Been to the gym everyday (twice yesterday!).

Tonight I need to go get some groceries to keep me on track. Decided I am ok with shopping every few days if it helps me prep food etc. Looking up some recipes to get creative because I can't eat plain chicken everyday.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Anyway I must be going crazy lol. Last update I said I really hadn't lost any weight but since then I weighed myself and I have lost 20lbs. I'll keep doing what i'm doing with my smoothies, apple cider vinegar and using my pedal exerciser every day. I won't weigh myself again until Mid December. Not good to check it every day.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Anyway I must be going crazy lol. Last update I said I really hadn't lost any weight but since then I weighed myself and I have lost 20lbs. I'll keep doing what i'm doing with my smoothies, apple cider vinegar and using my pedal exerciser every day. I won't weigh myself again until Mid December. Not good to check it every day.
    Well done mate!! Excellent. Keep up the great progress!!

Sent from my iPhone
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks, hope I keep it going.
    Newfiescreech and GoodBoy like this.

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information