User Tag List

Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hi!!

So busy lately, but I also made a super-dumb mistake....I've been using the old system of WW points, which gives me around 22 points per day, but using the new system to calculate those points! No wonder I've been feeling like I'm walking into walls!! I've been low by about 10 points!

No idea what I've lost, but my clothes feel more comfy, so I know it's working...Keep up the great work, everyone!!!

oh Lordy Lynn! Shortchanging your daily intake by a whopping 10 Smartpoints? That'll see the weight drop off, but as you said not the best way as you might drop yourself ( faint ).
    Glad you caught the error and are back on track.
    My track is currently under construction and in the middle of a terrible labour dispute, so my hands are tied.

Carry on soldiers!!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

mmmm ice cream

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh Lordy Lynn! Shortchanging your daily intake by a whopping 10 Smartpoints? That'll see the weight drop off, but as you said not the best way as you might drop yourself ( faint ).
    Glad you caught the error and are back on track.
    My track is currently under construction and in the middle of a terrible labour dispute, so my hands are tied.

Carry on soldiers!!
    Wellllll, Missy @walkonby , .I could say something about if your hands are tied, then you can't be eating, right? But I guess you're finding a way.
    It's okay, when you're ready we'll be here with our struggles and victories. Many skirmishes within a war...at least that's how I feel. Join our regiment when you're ready, soldier.

And yes...I'm feeling much better today...no walking into walls.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good evening, everyone!!

Still on track around here, although I don't like to weigh myself too early in the game...gosh it's Friday already tomorrow and I told myself I'd weigh in on Friday! Where do the days go?! Maybe next week..it really IS too scary!!!
    Clothes are feeling less constrictive which is a bonus, so the weight must be coming off.

Dinners are my least favourite meals, though...meat/veg, meat/veg...gah. There are some meats that I love and could eat almost every day like my DH's lightly breaded baked chicken thighs; I don't know why they're so good but I'm guessing the bread crumbs he buys. I think they're the Aurora brand that are maybe "Italian"? I'll have to check. He dunks them in low cal ranch dressing then into the crumbs and bakes them...I know..it sounds meh, but boy, I could devour the whole mess of them!! I've been toying with the idea of a 'little' pasta in with veggies since that's what those frozen Smart Ones entrees do, I'll just have to check the points in them and toss maybe cook up a cup to toss with them for the two of us.

Is anyone else counting WW Points, or calories??

Anyhoodles, just checking in... @walkonby ...we're still here waiting on ya...only 59 days until Sping, Sweetie..just sayin'..

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You ARE strong enough and you CAN do this!!
    Happy thoughts!
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lynn: Don't forget you also have the extra weeklies/ Under eating your points is never a good idea as it freaks your body out.

Saturday is my weigh in day, down .4. I refuse to use the work just or only, down is down.
    I still have not made my pumpkin loaf as I am out of egg whites & RCSS was out hen I went to day.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Lynn: Don't forget you also have the extra weeklies/ Under eating your points is never a good idea as it freaks your body out.

Saturday is my weigh in day, down .4. I refuse to use the work just or only, down is down.
    I still have not made my pumpkin loaf as I am out of egg whites & RCSS was out hen I went to day.
    Congratulations, @lilo0003! Down IS down, and you're heading in the right direction!

Yes, I really confused my Smart Points Plus with the original points. Evidently that won't Work!
    I'm on track now, but it's harder with our GS here.....he "invented" lemon blueberry pancakes, so he and I used my "special" pancake recipe (normally I don't use one), then he zested 2 lemons and made up the batter....it's resting for a half hour now, and you can bet I'll be having that for breakfast!

Keep up the good work, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jan 22nd, 2017 at 09:41 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Made DS and I a healthy breakfast. Cut us up a whole orange each too. He loved the fancy plate of food I served him...so easy to please that one! I just happen to use Weight Watchers bread for toast lol. I only bought it because it was 50 cents at SDM. Deal is a deal. But really it is not my fav.
    Now off to clean washrooms. My morning workout

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Morning! Made DS and I a healthy breakfast. Cut us up a whole orange each too. He loved the fancy plate of food I served him...so easy to please that one! I just happen to use Weight Watchers bread for toast lol. I only bought it because it was 50 cents at SDM. Deal is a deal. But really it is not my fav.
    Now off to clean washrooms. My morning workout
    Aren't we fortunate to have Hubbies that are so easy to please? When I diet, he diets but grrr...in a couple of weeks he loses his little tummy and is all in shape again for a summer of golfing! I continue to struggle and lose little by little. Guys. They don't know how good they have it!
    Keep up the good work, @Frugalbigmama ~!
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It's been a few weeks since anyone has posted in this thread, so here is my update.

I've maintained my weight. My migraines and jaw pain continue to be a daily struggle. I'm still trying to get a job, so that causes me stress. I slipped on the ice by my van a couple weeks ago, I still have bruises on my shins where they tried to slide under my vehicle. I hurt my shoulder a bit, but that appears to be healing.

Dh and I could both use more sleep, little ones still get up at night. It was +4 at 7am today, it'll cool off a bit as the day goes on. Such a stark contrast to our cold warning yesterday, -40. I took our son outside for 1/2hr before Dh headed to work, we worked on two snowmen. Then we brought the twins outside for an hour. I pulled all 3 kids on our sled for 7 blocks, nearly 2km. They are a combined 80lbs, so it was quite the workout, I can feel it. Then we played in the yard a bit and I sprinkled ice melt salt before we headed inside.

edit: We went swimming as a family of 5 twice in the last month, it's a lot of work but everyone enjoyed it. The chlorine in our local pool is really bad for eating my swim suits, even when I hand wash with special soap. I have mixed and matched tops and bottoms of swims suits to try to wear something that fits ok and isn't worn out. We are very limited for shopping options and a decent swim suit is quite expensive. Anyway, I wore a tank top that I had purchased 6yrs ago before our trip to the Dominican Republic. The top was tight and supportive at the time, now it is somewhat lose, which surprised me.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Feb 10th, 2017 at 12:36 PM.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Angela: hauling that amount of child is no easy feat.
    I am still trudging along, just losing in .2 and .4 increments. I really don't have my head in the game. work is so busy and the weather is cold and I am just tired of walking in the dark. Only month until DLST for everyone but Sask. My goal this week is to hit my 10000 steps a day, regardless of the weather so I will let you know how I do. I made today as I bundled up and went for walk in the snow tonight. We are supposed to be over freezing Saturday so no excuse there.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hey, Ladies!

Down 12 lbs, still..I thought I'd put some back on at Easter, and although I haven't lost since then, at least I maintained!
    Now I'm back on track.
    I mean...after today..

Keep up the great work, everyone!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Hi everyone.
    I just weighed myself this morning and I am maintaining my healthy weight. I'm happy with that. I know that I don't always eat the best, but Dh always bugs me about how I insist that everyone in the family has to eat veggies with their supper...which is the one meal a day that we consistently sit down together as a family. I'm still unemployed and financial stress isn't good for anyone. I've completed a number of long applications to teach in different school divisions, so I'm hoping for a call for an interview...but only time will tell. If I get hired in another school division, then we'll move and Dh will transfer within his company.
    Newfiescreech, wendymac and Lynn49 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

i need this thread. There are about 25 pounds that I've been unable to lose and a treadmill that intimates me. It is so strange to feel so out of control about things that are totally under my control.

Good luck with the job, Angela. You have a great personality that shines through your posts, which makes me sure one of your applications will work out.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    i need this thread. There are about 25 pounds that I've been unable to lose and a treadmill that intimates me. It is so strange to feel so out of control about things that are totally under my control.

Good luck with the job, Angela. You have a great personality that shines through your posts, which makes me sure one of your applications will work out.
    Thank you so much for your comment, it made me tear up.

If you have the chance, I'd suggest reading through the older posts in this thread. Although it hasn't been as active as it was at the beginning of the year, there are a lot of great suggestions, recipes, and feedback.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information