User Tag List

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    i need this thread. There are about 25 pounds that I've been unable to lose and a treadmill that intimates me. It is so strange to feel so out of control about things that are totally under my control.

Good luck with the job, Angela. You have a great personality that shines through your posts, which makes me sure one of your applications will work out.
    Welcome, @wendymac !

Angela had a really good suggestion about reading back on earlier posts....although life gets so busy for some of us from time-to-time, we continue with our struggles to lose weight or maintain even though we may not drop in here as often.
    Time is creeping up on me and I really need to stay on track for the summer (I hate feeling poofy in the summer!) not only for how I look, but for the sake of my health and of course the extra weight isn't doing my knee (replacement) any favours.

What plan, if any, are you on? I have a friend who simply says, "My plan.", but in all reality, if you don't have a plan...what's that expression...if you don't have a plan, you're planning to fail.

Personally, I'm on Weight Watchers, which has never failed me...slow and easy, but it really works....I had lost 48lbs from New Year's Eve, 2014, to May 14th, when I had my fall and everything changed. So it does work, and you can find everything you need for free on line. If you need any help with that, just ask!

Good luck on your new adventure!! You can have that weight off by summer!!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

10months ago I was 275 and today I am 198lbs....and I stopped drinking pop two months ago and lost an additional 50lbs!
    Live, Love, Laugh

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    10months ago I was 275 and today I am 198lbs....and I stopped drinking pop two months ago and lost an additional 50lbs!
    oh my goodness! That is an amazing accomplishment, congrats all the way!! So shocking that a simple think like eliminating pop could make your losses even better.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

wow this thread it quiet, just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing? I am still plugging along and after months of being stuck I lost 5 pounds in March, not looking to get them back though.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    wow this thread it quiet, just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing? I am still plugging along and after months of being stuck I lost 5 pounds in March, not looking to get them back though.
    I continue to weigh myself about once a week and my weight continues to be stable, at the top of my healthy weight category according to the BMI chart. Dh finally had his elective surgery last week and he's still struggling with the recovery.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Everyone,
    I apologize if this has been mentionned, but I would like to know if anyone is familiar or has any experience regarding this grant to access a weight loss program:

http://www.weightlossgrants.org/
    Newfiescreech and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

wow...that sounds like a good deal. i need to lose 20lbs but i think i can do it on my own.

please let us know how this works out if u get accepted. ;-)
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't tried it finally. It looks legit, but after further investigation, I didn't like the small print. My friend decided to go ahead. The plan she chose costs $2400 for the year. We'll see how that goes.
    Newfiescreech and Linda Evans like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

As the weather improves I have been able to spend more time outside with our children. I have weeded 3/4 of my garden plots. This morning I took our twins for a 1hr walk in the stroller, they napped the whole way. I also walked to pick our son up from Pre-K. My phone was with me and claimed that I walked 3.8km. I know that my body will get stronger and more used to it after the winter with a lot of time spent indoors. Keep working on it everyone.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Another 3 pound left in April, again its not lost because I am not looking to get it back. So far this year I am done 9.2 pounds, its a turtle pace but slow and steady works for me. It puts me at 30 pounds gone since March 2016
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Another 3 pound left in April, again its not lost because I am not looking to get it back. So far this year I am done 9.2 pounds, its a turtle pace but slow and steady works for me. It puts me at 30 pounds gone since March 2016
    Keep up the good work. Slow and steady wins the race, that's how I lost my weight and returned to my healthy BMI. It was weird to hear my Hemitologist Said that I had "lost a substantial amount of weight." I weighed 25lbs more than this when I married my husband. I returned to that weight when I was ready to deliver at the end of both of my recent pregnancies. I'm fairly happy with the weight that I am at now. My health history and pregnancies have changed my body over the years, some things I can improve and others will be accepted in time.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Didn't post sooner sorry lol. Been working on a lot of issues. Found a new natural product for my gout and taking multi vitamins every day along with using flax seeds and chia seeds when I eat snacks like yogurt. The pedal exercise thing has been going well and I just bought weighted gloves on walmart.ca to use with it. I signed up for my fitness pal today and tracked my first bunch of items. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and exercise. Then I completed the diary for the day and it said if I keep up with the same things every day I would lose 17lbs in a month. It also said there were tips to lose weight faster which I will read later.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Fri, May 5th, 2017 at 07:15 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well done!! Wishing you success!!

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Didn't post sooner sorry lol. Been working on a lot of issues. Found a new natural product for my gout and taking multi vitamins every day along with using flax seeds and chia seeds when I eat snacks like yogurt. The pedal exercise thing has been going well and I just bought weighted gloves on walmart.ca to use with it. I signed up for my fitness pal today and tracked my first bunch of items. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and exercise. Then I completed the diary for the day and it said if I keep up with the same things every day I would lose 17lbs in a month. It also said there were tips to lose weight faster which I will read later.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Been using the weighted gloves when I use the pedal exerciser which are 1.5lbs each and it really makes me sweat. Can bend over easier and not as much pain all around but weight not going down as fast as it could, kinda stuck a bit for last couple weeks. I'll keep going though and working on it. The fact that I'm not in as much pain is huge right now.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Been using the weighted gloves when I use the pedal exerciser which are 1.5lbs each and it really makes me sweat. Can bend over easier and not as much pain all around but weight not going down as fast as it could, kinda stuck a bit for last couple weeks. I'll keep going though and working on it. The fact that I'm not in as much pain is huge right now.
    Well done. Weight can drop in spurts. Most important is to keep at it.

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information