User Tag List

Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh for sure I'll keep going.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Been using the weighted gloves when I use the pedal exerciser which are 1.5lbs each and it really makes me sweat. Can bend over easier and not as much pain all around but weight not going down as fast as it could, kinda stuck a bit for last couple weeks. I'll keep going though and working on it. The fact that I'm not in as much pain is huge right now.

Hey Cabmonk .. keep up awesome job your doing.. everything takes time . Nothing happens over nite .. hard work always passes off .. stay strong and do enjoy yourself evening sweetie.. take good care yourself 👍👍

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I've been working in my vegetable garden and taking the kids outside to play. This morning I pushed our twins in the stroller and had our older son ride his bike. We covered about 3km. I'm trying to keep my weight stable, I'm only up 3lbs.

I'm a teacher by profession, but I've stayed home to raise our children since our twins were born in the summer of 2015. Daycare is expensive and I don't have a teaching contract. I ran into a principal at Sobeys when I was purchasing a rotisserie chicken for lunch today. I greeted her, but she had to do a double take before responding to me. She instantly commented about how much weight I had lost, I'm slim, there's not much left of me, etc. I told her that I weigh 25lbs less now than I did when I met her 6yrs ago. She commented that she believed it. It was a pleasant surprise conversation. It would be nice if she could get me a teaching contract...

I was at No Frills last week and ran into my old GP, I haven't been her patient in 2.5yrs. She commented about how good and healthy I look. It is nice to receive some unexpected compliments.

I know that we are all in different points in our lives and different weights. It is not always easy, but small positive changes add up in the long run.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, May 21st, 2017 at 04:39 PM.
    lilo0003 likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

started a juice cleanse on Saturday. Had a Mean green juice for the 3 meals and a small " dessert " juice ( beet/carrot/ginger/apple) later that night. Sunday the same, but ate a dinner of a steamed basa fillet, fresh green beans and a sauteed bell pepper/onion/tomato/celery mixture.
    Also began both days by squeezing a half lemon wedge into a large glass of boiled water and sipping. Sure makes the tummy feel so much better than coffee.
    Not sure where I'll go from here, just trying to come back slowly from a spiral of awful eating over many months.
    lilo0003 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am just moving along at a turtles pce, but I feel great. I am at 9 or 10 pounds lost this year. It's not easy as you age.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It's been a rough few weeks. My grandma died on May 31 with my dad at her side. We are following her wishes and will travel up for her Celebration of Life in mid-July. On June 4th I was hospitalized with severe abdominal pain. On June 5th I had an expensive ambulance ride up to Regina for an emergency appendectomy. They were able to remove my appendix laparoscopically before my appendix burst. I wasn't allowed door or drink for 2 days, which shrunk my stomach and caused me to lose a few pounds. This was the first time that I was put under anostesia and I had an adverse reaction. We believe that the medication reduced my level of cerebral spinal fluid, which is the cause of my vertigo and nasty migraine. I'm 12 days post-op and my belly feels good, but my head does not. I'm not allowed to lift over 10lbs for the first 2-3wks, not over 15lbs for the first 4wks, and my lightest child weighs 23lbs. It's not safe for me to drive until this vertigo gets resolved. I can't take my kids in the stroller, or lift them for any reason. I'm looking forward to being healed up and able to return to a more normal routine.

For those continuing this journey to a healthier you, keep up the work. Continuing at a slow pace is still very good for your body vs giving up all together.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jun 17th, 2017 at 11:48 AM.
    walkonby and lilo0003 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

aw @Angela273 I feel you have endured just way too much already in your young life. You seem to be such a trooper though. Stay strong if you can and I hope you can finally get some relief from those darn migraines.
    Angela273, cabmonk and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Because of my gout always acting up I am making even more changes. No added sugar or things like pop etc. Starting on my July 11th shop will be 90% vegan. I have already pretty much worked out what I will buy and have recipes planned. I will see how it goes. I can't eat soy because of my gout so a lot of the fake meat substitutes are out for me.
    Angela273, walkonby and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Because of my gout always acting up I am making even more changes. No added sugar or things like pop etc. Starting on my July 11th shop will be 90% vegan. I have already pretty much worked out what I will buy and have recipes planned. I will see how it goes. I can't eat soy because of my gout so a lot of the fake meat substitutes are out for me.
    You know cab even IF you cannot eat many things ( like soy ) just cutting out the soda pop is probably the biggest benefit.
    They say pop is just awful on our bodies. Best of luck with the new change in eating......most of us are in the same situation with many foods causing us health issues.
    cabmonk and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I know but I love pop lol. There are even vegetarians that have gout. So many different factors that affect it. As for my diet I have recipes for burgers, summer rolls, "tuna" using almonds and I keep looking for more.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    started a juice cleanse on Saturday. Had a Mean green juice for the 3 meals and a small " dessert " juice ( beet/carrot/ginger/apple) later that night. Sunday the same, but ate a dinner of a steamed basa fillet, fresh green beans and a sauteed bell pepper/onion/tomato/celery mixture.
    Also began both days by squeezing a half lemon wedge into a large glass of boiled water and sipping. Sure makes the tummy feel so much better than coffee.
    Not sure where I'll go from here, just trying to come back slowly from a spiral of awful eating over many months.
    There has been some progress for me and I must remember to celebrate all the losses but you know when you have regained the previously lost pounds and then added more to it, that makes it tougher to feel proud.
    Despite that, my total loss since June 10th is now 11 pounds!!
    The real difference for me is how my tummy feels ( inside ), it is thanking me lets just say that. No heartburn either since I began. Onward and downward!! ( the scale I mean....downward )

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So my Vegan diet starts next week. Almost nothing left in my place except rice and a bit of pasta. Shopping list is all done. I was saying 90% vegan, now closer to 100%. Just have Mayo and 3 coleslaw dressing I bought a month ago I don't want to waste. Looking for vegan coleslaw dressing recipes. First recipe I make will be a black bean and potato burger with coleslaw and chili sauce. Gonna try and find vegan buns for it.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

feeling encouraged at reaching 20 lbs lost since June 10th! Such a long and daunting road ahead for me to return to a healthy weight, it comes on so easily but very tough to take off again.
    Hope anyone still battling in their own ring has great success as well!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So true WOB. If only we could lose as fast as we gain. I had to do a huge closet purge this week and gave a bunch of stuff to my mom and a few aunts. But then another aunt just retired and she gave me three pairs of dress pants a skirt and a bunch of tops. I would never have thought I could wear her stuff and it not only fits. We like the same colours. A few pieces are size 12. Now to stay on track.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ ty @lilo0003 for the encouragement. Very nice that your family can swap clothes like that! Awesome!!
    Newfiescreech and lilo0003 like this.

Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information