User Tag List

Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@cabmonk you are wise not to weigh yourself often and its clearly working, I on the other hand am addicted to a daily check in on the scale. I think I am going have ask dh to hide it on me. still stuck at 15 pounds lost this year, so its not all bad.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Lol yeah I have checked the scale a lot in the past but have been trying not do that for the past few months. Hope everything goes well for you.
    Newfiescreech and lilo0003 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

great work @cabmonk on the 20 lbs lost!!
    Welcome @Frugalbigmama and congrats on your clean eating plan along with working out!!
    Hang in there @lilo0003 , as long as you still kept that 15 lbs off that is success!

My progress is still o.k. but it could have been much better if I had not slipped a bit starting in late Sept.
    I am still proud to have dropped 30+ lbs since June 10th though
    I gave myself one year to get to a healthier weight and to stay there this time....the tough part will be getting through the cold weather season where all I want is comfort carbs and all of our winter b'days , Christmas etc.
    Trying to stay strong!!

Good luck everyone!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby thanks and good job, you're still doing ok.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Today's lunch is salad with chicken. Then putting on my comfy gear and hitting the gym.
    I plan to attend an aqua fit class tonight as well. I won't change my mind and be all comfy at home because I have to take DS to the arena so no excuse for me . Good start to the week!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I did 40 mins power walking yesterday on my lunch and then aqua fit last night. Just returned now from 40 mins power walking. Good start to the week!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

40 mins power walking done for today!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

45 min power walk yesterday. My calorie intake was way low- like half I should have but it's because my walk gave me more calories. Just ate a few small meals and didn't really feel hungry to have snacks etc. Good way to start the week but I know I shouldn't do that everyday. (I made up for it on the weekend!)

We are getting lots of snow but I am welcoming it because it is giving me more exercise. I shoveled this morning and it has been snowing since so will do it again tonight.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

You're doing lots of power walking which is great. I hate to just walk to the store 15 mins away lol. Had a nice haircut and hot shave Wednesday afternoon. The hot shave really felt good and made more more energized and feeling good. The rest of the day I had so much energy I just wanted to go. Won't be weighing myself until January sometime. To the few people that check in on this thread have a good Christmas and a better 2018.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hello @cabmonk and @Frugalbigmama I will have to start again after the New Year!! I fell off the wagon BUT the good news is the wagon did not roll over me or crush me or my spirit. I have put some of the weight back on ( a solid 10 lbs at least ) and that is what it is.

Looking forward to Christmas dinner with family, a fab menu DH and I created once again, filled with challenges but we love that! Plenty of naughty sweets are already baked and lurking...thankfully most of them are in the freezers.
    Hope you both continue with your food planning for weight loss ( and your exercise routine Frugal ) as will I......but not till 2018

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Have a good Christmas @walkonby , yeah I can't wait for the food at my cousins place haha. Have a good new year and I'm sure you will do good in the new year.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all! Wishing you all a great healthy start to 2018. I made a healthy dinner with leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. Lots of berries on sale this week so helps to eat healthy. Will hit the gym tomorrow evening before DS's hockey game since we have to be there an hour early. Hope you all get back on track

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Have started to take my water bottle to work now and it helps. 6 glasses already consumed before 11:30am. Ready to fill it again now.
    Brought my lunch to eat at my desk and will go to the gym around 1pm to break up the day.
    Angela273, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello! Well, it's a sad story.....gained almost everything back from 3 years ago. I'm finally walking properly again after my new knee last year. Yes, it's taken me that long; I was diagnosed with a "baker's cyst" behind my knee after my surgery and it took nearly a year for it to leave. At my 1 yr check-up, my surgeon could still feel a little still there. I'd never heard of it before and I hope I never encounter it again! So.....after 4 surgeries laid me low, I'm finally almost normal again!

So. I started behaving today, but the real work starts soon. We have our Grandson here for a week while the kids are at Secrets in Cancun, and I will be cooking healthy meals ( he enjoys cooking, also), but no cookies, no cake. He has other treats here that are healthier choices.

I'll be using MyFitnessPal which was successful before to track my foods.I can't exercize but I lost 50lbs between Christmas and May 14th before my fall, without exercizing, so I'll just have to do that again.

Good luck to everyone!!!
    Angela273, cabmonk, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hey @Lynn49 I hope you have a much easier 2018 with everything.
    Angela273, Lynn49, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information