User Tag List

Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Water is always easy for me. I only drink coffee and water and the occasional g & t
    last year we did a major kitchen Reno and our soda stream is built into the new fridge. I love it.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Wed, Jan 10th, 2018 at 07:46 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I love how honest MFP makes you lol. took the kids out for dinner and I just got what I wanted. Yikes lol. Today is a new day
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I love cold water and try to drink 3 full glasses a day and 2 cups a tea a day -don't care for pop or coffee -I have my water bottle in the car when I am driving around too
    I enjoy tea, also, but mainly green or herbal tea in the evening...I had one glass of pop while Avon was visiting, and that was my first one in YEARS! I wish my DH would stop drinking that stuff, but I guess there's worse out there. I do drink too many of those cans of Nestle sugar and aspartame-free tea: they're addictive!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Well, just found out that I will be much busier at work in 2018--> the team is decreased by 50% but the workload is increased by about 50%.

Decided that since I did not make that decision to increase the workload, I will put myself first--> do the important work and let the decision makers figure out how the rest will get done.

Will be taking my breaks and lunch time to do some walking or exercising
    Will be exercising evenings and weekends
    Will be ensuring that we get enough sleep, since sleep helps the body repair
    Will be continuing to drink enough water each day, even with a slice of lemon sometimes
    Will spend more time with friends and family--> enjoying each other's company and laughing more
    Will try to be more positive, such as reflecting on the fact that even though there is more work to do, I have earned more vacation time starting this year. Yahoo!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, fellow Losers!! And of course I mean that in the nicest way!
    @Shwa Girl , those are wonderful, positive goals!! We can only do our best when we're physically and emotionally healthy; it's a package, when one is out of whack, we're absolutely out of whack. I hope you can keep those goals in mind...none of us are superheroes.
    @Frugal bigmamma, oh, yeppers, MFP really keeps us on track and more than that, can really blast us for misbehaving! The only thing I don't care for is that it insists that I take in ALL the calories it suggests that I should be on to lose weight. Even WW and Herbal Magic had me on lower calories for the day. So, in order to close out the day I have to add calories to the last 'snack' section just to bring up my count even though I don't actually consume them! I guess I could just leave it until it turns over to the next day, but closure feels better....

Keep up the good fight, everyone! We may not win every skirmish, but we will win the war!!

Happy healthy day!!!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy weekend! 4 more sleeps until I can start my diet!.,
    Happy and successful weekend, everyone!
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just found this article interesting, so thought I'd share it...how super are (overpriced) superfoods?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/mark...oods-1.4362487

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day! Heading to the gym this afternoon on my lunch break. Had an overpriced salad for lunch but that's what I get for not being prepared. At least is was salad
    Tonight I will prep my food for the next few days. 3 jars of oatmeal for sure for breakfast.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

oh and I had to go to Costco for dog food and treated myself to 2 puma sport bras and a work out top

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Gym done! Phew I need those extra eatable calories lol. I already plugged in my dinner and have 550 cal left but may need a snack before dinner since it will be late. Or I may switch it up and just eat a quick dinner myself and make dinner for the others so I am not snacking etc.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Gym done! Phew I need those extra eatable calories lol. I already plugged in my dinner and have 550 cal left but may need a snack before dinner since it will be late. Or I may switch it up and just eat a quick dinner myself and make dinner for the others so I am not snacking etc.
    Those are 'weighty' (heh) decisions for sure, @Frugalbigmama , hope that whatever you did was successful.
    Two more full days until Thursday, when I can at least head out for the groceries I'll need to start this diet to get healthier and feel less like a slug. Summer camping season will be here in no time at all! I wish!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, well....two days and has everyone fallen off the wagon?
    JUST as I got on?

Day 1 of my diet, yes, diet, not "way of eating", that'll come later, but for now I just have to say "diet" because that, for me, denotes a change, and boy am I ready for one!!

I'm always amazed at how well I can eat on around 800-900 calories a day, and not feel hungry. Oh, I miss the stuff I used to have, but today for instance, I set aside enough calories for a 6" chicken teryaki sub from Subway. Neither of us wanted to cook today. Their web-site is filled with nutritional information on each of their offerings, so I may do this more often.

Keep on keepin' on, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jan 18th, 2018 at 02:00 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah for Day #1!!! You've got this!!

Monday night, Tuesday and Wed I ate bad but MFP says I'm still on track to lose so we will see!

Today is a good day so far. Had a coffee for breakfast and pushed my meals later so hoping this helps. I only had a 35 cal yogurt for breakfast then a small lunch of chicken and green beans. I went to the gym at 1:15 and power walked for 50 mins. I was pushing myself (this is a hard week for some reason) So as of right now I have almost all my calories for the day less 61 So I should be ok having a small piece of steak with green beans, mushrooms/onions and 1/2 baked potato. I will do laundry tonight too so that will add steps to my day up and down the stairs.

I plan on going to the gym tomorrow and Sat and Sun as well to end the week on a good note!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yeah for Day #1!!! You've got this!!

Monday night, Tuesday and Wed I ate bad but MFP says I'm still on track to lose so we will see!

Today is a good day so far. Had a coffee for breakfast and pushed my meals later so hoping this helps. I only had a 35 cal yogurt for breakfast then a small lunch of chicken and green beans. I went to the gym at 1:15 and power walked for 50 mins. I was pushing myself (this is a hard week for some reason) So as of right now I have almost all my calories for the day less 61 So I should be ok having a small piece of steak with green beans, mushrooms/onions and 1/2 baked potato. I will do laundry tonight too so that will add steps to my day up and down the stairs.

I plan on going to the gym tomorrow and Sat and Sun as well to end the week on a good note!
    Thank you, @Frugalbigmama ...I think I have this nicely under control, although you know how difficult the first 4 or so days are. But I'm determined. I have to do this for my health; at my age, there's no time left for messing around with kids' foods and snacks.

For breakfast this morning I had a 1c of multi-grain Cheerios, 1/2c frozen/thawed strawberries, 1/2c skim milk, 1 packet of Sweet 'n Low, and 2 decaf coffees. Lunch was a low cal sandwich: 2 slices of bread, 3 slices lean deli meat, 1 tbsp light Miracle Whip, mustard and lettuce. Dinner....one loaded chicken teryaki 6" sub without my lovely olives.
    Calories: 821 for the day. I'm sipping on a Nestee canned, sugar and aspartame-free ice tea.
    That should be it for the day. I'm still quite sedentary, mostly just doing things in the house, but I can walk so much better now, when spring comes and I'm not afraid of slipping on ice and breaking another bone, I'll be walking Jenny!!

Good for you, for that power-walking! I know from experience, from our Mediterranean cruise, all the walking we did in ports of call, in Rome before and after, know what happened when I got into my travel slacks getting ready to leave? I couldn't keep them UP!! I had to borrow one of my Hubby's belts to hold them up!! Believe it or not, but it really happened. That's when I realized how much of an affect walking can have on weight loss, and believe me, I sure wasn't on a diet on that vacation!! Good luck!!

Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information