User Tag List

Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with you lynn ..i feel like train ran me over since Christmas .. time watch those calories ..before we knows it ..spring will be sprung ..then summer will be around corner ..wont be able fit into my shorts ...eat too many cookies, fruit cakes , gum drop cake,apricot and raisin cake and cherry cake during Christmas time ..in next few days ..im going try my darnest stay away from anything sweet ..like baby now ween myself off sweets...hope i got well power do this ..have get outside and walk some .. suppose i walk around block few times after i get home from work each day ..hope you do good with your diet ..thinking about you ..take good care yourself sweetie and hang in there .
    Lynn49 and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning everyone -well I have lost a few points as I haven't felt like eating much with this awfull cough ,so that makes me happy ,its a slow journey for sure ,gonna try to go out to the bank today to deposit my checkout51 cheque and get the spend 20.00 on produce get 4,000 points at fortinos ,as I don feel I have the energy to drive to no frills
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, @Newfiescreech , @coupon girl ! Nice to see familiar faces on board once again!!

I've been doing so much 'research' on Pinterest, saving low cal recipes, I probably have a year's worth so far, hahaha, but sometimes inspiration doesn't kick in when facing the fridge, hoping it can provide suggestions for lunches and dinners. I just found one I think I'll really enjoy, so DH is heading out and adding my particular grocery list to our household list.
    Day 2, no complaints so far.
    @Newfiescreech , your Christmas sounds just like ours! Too much gloriously rich foods and perhaps wee drams of wine involved sometimes?? Likely more but we won't go there, right? Good luck on your journey, Screech!
    @coupon girl , it's too bad you had that cough, but hey, we'll take whatever we can get, to jump-start our weight-loss, right? Good luck to you, too!

Well, onward with my day!!
    Stay the course, everyone and good luck!!!

THEY did it!! A loss of 298 lbs in one year!
    395lbs in two years!

This pic is after one year.
    Newfiescreech and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

After 2 years...they've been on the Today Show, in People Magazine...what an encouraging story!!
    Pretty sure she'd have to have had a tummy lift...I hope so for her sake!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If you need inspiration:
    https://www.today.com/health/diet-fi...t-loss-journey

Just: WOW!!!!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I accidentally bought myself a treadmill today.

I've been thinking about it for a while but I suddenly found myself talking to the assistant and buying one. It's being delivered tomorrow.

Yikes.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and lilo0003 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am really struggling to get my head in the game with the new WW program and I am about to do 4 days of travel next week. That messes up my fitness and food. There are 21 meals in a week and I am away 9 of them so I am working on a plan. Packing some snacks and looking for a grocery store close to the hotel.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks lynn for information..sure appreciate ..sure sounds like your pretty determine get those extra Christmas pounds off .. good luck 😉 sweetie ..cut back on junk food would be plus for my diet lol
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So far im doing good ..just hope i continue .. until i get those extra pounds off from Christmas..keeping my fingers crossed 🤞
    Lynn49 and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day everyone! Yesterday I cooked lots of food to feed the boys as well as chicken for my dinner and my lunch today and tomorrow. I made oatmeal for my breakfast today (with almond milk and a banana) My snack this afternoon is fresh strawberries with almond butter (my new fav!!) I have googled a few recipes and will be making some snacks tonight with the almond butter.

I am going to some weightlifting class tonight with my friend. Figured I should check it out. I also plan to go powerwalk on my lunch today as well. This week I am giving it to make up for last week.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am really struggling to get my head in the game with the new WW program and I am about to do 4 days of travel next week. That messes up my fitness and food. There are 21 meals in a week and I am away 9 of them so I am working on a plan. Packing some snacks and looking for a grocery store close to the hotel.
    I did that when I was away for 3 days for a hockey tournament. Ate my boiled egg and yogurt on the bleachers waiting for the game to start ( the damn smell of fries and gravy at the rink ah kills me!!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Thank you, @Frugalbigmama...I think I have this nicely under control, although you know how difficult the first 4 or so days are. But I'm determined. I have to do this for my health; at my age, there's no time left for messing around with kids' foods and snacks.

For breakfast this morning I had a 1c of multi-grain Cheerios, 1/2c frozen/thawed strawberries, 1/2c skim milk, 1 packet of Sweet 'n Low, and 2 decaf coffees. Lunch was a low cal sandwich: 2 slices of bread, 3 slices lean deli meat, 1 tbsp light Miracle Whip, mustard and lettuce. Dinner....one loaded chicken teryaki 6" sub without my lovely olives.
    Calories: 821 for the day. I'm sipping on a Nestee canned, sugar and aspartame-free ice tea.
    That should be it for the day. I'm still quite sedentary, mostly just doing things in the house, but I can walk so much better now, when spring comes and I'm not afraid of slipping on ice and breaking another bone, I'll be walking Jenny!!

Good for you, for that power-walking! I know from experience, from our Mediterranean cruise, all the walking we did in ports of call, in Rome before and after, know what happened when I got into my travel slacks getting ready to leave? I couldn't keep them UP!! I had to borrow one of my Hubby's belts to hold them up!! Believe it or not, but it really happened. That's when I realized how much of an affect walking can have on weight loss, and believe me, I sure wasn't on a diet on that vacation!! Good luck!!
    Yes walking is fantastic! It works wonders for me. My size large yoga pants are too big for me (they are my cleaning pants for now lol) Size medium fit great now! and I have so many new pairs since I bought tons Just keeping my stamina up is great. Doing laundry killed me before (up and down the stairs) Now I run though the house
    Yesterday I did squats with my friends 7 month old lol I'm always trying to fit in exercise in everyday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the gym on my lunch break. Walked for 15 mins then did the stationary bike for 15 mins. Now eating a healthy snack and have 250ml of water left to hit 9 glasses today.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Went to the gym on my lunch break. Walked for 15 mins then did the stationary bike for 15 mins. Now eating a healthy snack and have 250ml of water left to hit 9 glasses today.
    Ugh. I keep forgetting water. I'll have to make more fizzy water for myself tomorrow and keep it somewhere that I'll walk by and can't ignore.
    @Frugalbigmama, didn't MFP have an additional note under our daily food chart that read something like: if you keep this up, by.....time you'll weigh...somethingorother?
    Or am I hallucinating?

I found my answer! I've always gone below their suggested 1200cals/day so it never would close for me, I'd just go on the next morning. Today I got in 1022 calories and yep...it did tell me what I'd weigh in 5 weeks if I keep that up. IF I keep it up, I'll be less than that, from former experience.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jan 22nd, 2018 at 09:06 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ugh. I keep forgetting water. I'll have to make more fizzy water for myself tomorrow and keep it somewhere that I'll walk by and can't ignore.
    @Frugalbigmama, didn't MFP have an additional note under our daily food chart that read something like: if you keep this up, by.....time you'll weigh...somethingorother?
    Or am I hallucinating?

I found my answer! I've always gone below their suggested 1200cals/day so it never would close for me, I'd just go on the next morning. Today I got in 1022 calories and yep...it did tell me what I'd weigh in 5 weeks if I keep that up. IF I keep it up, I'll be less than that, from former experience.
    Yes that part is encouraging!!

Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information