User Tag List

Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I made it through the class last night (thanks to my friend bringing me a little snack to the gym to eat before lol or I wouldn't have made it)
    I was so tired last night! Fell asleep at 9pm then moved to bed at 940 and went right to sleep. I never can that early!! (saved me from late night snacking lol)
    My body is sore today so I'm going to go do running around at lunch to get fresh fruit and skip the gym. I will go tomorrow.
    Lynn49, walkonby and list465 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's amazing how much food you need when you are eating healthy! Only have bananas left at home so went to RCSS to spend $25 on produce and received 7500 PC PTS. The next few days will be some good eating
    Packing myself tons of snacks for tomorrow!
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Today's menu:
    cereal with milk and then later on I had a banana

Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, sunflower bread I will toast and cucumbers

Snack: blueberries, strawberries and almonds

Dinner: leftover chicken with green beans and cucumbers

Water- Will have my 6 glasses done by noon. Then 3 more for the afternoon.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jan 24th, 2018 at 11:12 AM.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and list465 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just back from the gym. Not sure why I'm so sore this past week. I didn't give in even though some creepy old man was following me around! Off to plug my numbers in MFP!

9 x 250 ml of water done!
    Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

3 x 250ml water done!

Slept in so we rushed this morning. Kid was #1 and I packed him snacks and drinks and $ for food (fun skiing day!)

Me- Cereal for breakfast (haven't eaten yet but soon)

Snack- Laughing cow cheese with organic crackers.

Lunch- Thinking overpriced salad lol

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You're doing an amazing job, @Frugalbigmama!! Your exercise must really be toning up your body!! Good work!!

I've stuck to my diet, it's pretty plain, but I like it...

Breakfast: usually 1c Honey Nut Oats, 1/2c fresh blueberries, 1/2c milk OR a shake with 1c skim milk, 1 egg, 1c of fruit, usually strawberried, and a sweetner.

Lunch: oops......today it was 14 Tostitos scoops with about a 1/2 tsp of Pace salsa in them, topped off with some of the light cheese I'm allowed, nuked and enjoyed with tea!

Dinner: last night I made shrimp with Chinese fried rice (more shrimp, less rice, peas, onions), and tonight DH made me an omelette with green and red peppers, onions, fresh mushrooms (all sauteed), with some of my 'legal' cheese.

That's it for the day, although I may have a cup of tea later.

My slacks are looser on me...so I imagine I'm on the right track. As for water, I don't know how much I'm drinking, I know I'm not forcing it down, but sipping it all day.

Keep up the great work, FBM!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jan 25th, 2018 at 07:30 PM.
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahaha....thought of this thread when I saw this...

walkonby and list465 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    You're doing an amazing job, @Frugalbigmama!! Your exercise must really be toning up your body!! Good work!!

I've stuck to my diet, it's pretty plain, but I like it...

Breakfast: usually 1c Honey Nut Oats, 1/2c fresh blueberries, 1/2c milk OR a shake with 1c skim milk, 1 egg, 1c of fruit, usually strawberried, and a sweetner.

Lunch: oops......today it was 14 Tostitos scoops with about a 1/2 tsp of Pace salsa in them, topped off with some of the light cheese I'm allowed, nuked and enjoyed with tea!

Dinner: last night I made shrimp with Chinese fried rice (more shrimp, less rice, peas, onions), and tonight DH made me an omelette with green and red peppers, onions, fresh mushrooms (all sauteed), with some of my 'legal' cheese.

That's it for the day, although I may have a cup of tea later.

My slacks are looser on me...so I imagine I'm on the right track. As for water, I don't know how much I'm drinking, I know I'm not forcing it down, but sipping it all day.

Keep up the great work, FBM!!!
    My meals are pretty routine usually too. My work breakfast is always simple! But I mixed it up and finally bought a box of Cream of wheat! Love that simple stuff!

Sounds like you are on track, awesome job!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and hope you are all starting off on the right track this Monday morning!

Yesterday I cooked up a storm (a beef roast, a pork roast, homemade burger patties) and I have boneless chicken breast marinating in the fridge. ( I am making chicken souvlaki!) I need a change from boring old plain baked chicken. But with all that cooking I didn't feel like meat so for dinner I had a boiled egg and some fruit.

Today's meals:

B- Cream of wheat with a bit of milk and a banana

L- 2 boiled eggs, toasted piece of sunflower bread, small pat of butter, cucumbers sliced up with pepper and some fresh strawberries

S- Laughing cow cheese triangle, a few Organic crackers and some fresh blackberries.

D- Will be the souvlaki chicken, rice and veggie. (or it may be tomorrow nights dinner if I am starving marvin walking in the door and I will just have some roast beef with veggies)

I finally bought fish on the weekend! (I bought a lemon the other day) So pretty sure I will make that Wed night for dinner and a piece for my lunch Thursday.

Hitting the gym this afternoon as well. Made sure to bring my gym clothes so no excuses.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had my MRI and MRV scan of my head done 10 days ago. The neurologist says they didn’t find any abnormalities that would be causing my chronic migraines. He says there is one migraine preventative that I haven’t tried or Botox. For various reasons Dh and I aren’t really considering Botox. It isn’t covered in our province and would cost streak hundred dollars every 3 months and a 5hr round trip drive to get it administered. So the other preventative medication has a 10-20% chance of drowsiness and weight gain. Of course, there are other potential side effects and I won’t know until I try it. Health concerns, pain, medication, sick kids, and a lack of sleep make for a bad combination when it comes to healthy eating.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:21 PM.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good morning and hope you are all starting off on the right track this Monday morning!

Yesterday I cooked up a storm (a beef roast, a pork roast, homemade burger patties) and I have boneless chicken breast marinating in the fridge. ( I am making chicken souvlaki!) I need a change from boring old plain baked chicken. But with all that cooking I didn't feel like meat so for dinner I had a boiled egg and some fruit.

Today's meals:

B- Cream of wheat with a bit of milk and a banana

L- 2 boiled eggs, toasted piece of sunflower bread, small pat of butter, cucumbers sliced up with pepper and some fresh strawberries

S- Laughing cow cheese triangle, a few Organic crackers and some fresh blackberries.

D- Will be the souvlaki chicken, rice and veggie. (or it may be tomorrow nights dinner if I am starving marvin walking in the door and I will just have some roast beef with veggies)

I finally bought fish on the weekend! (I bought a lemon the other day) So pretty sure I will make that Wed night for dinner and a piece for my lunch Thursday.

Hitting the gym this afternoon as well. Made sure to bring my gym clothes so no excuses.
    G'day, @Frugalbigmama !
    I have to laugh...your meals are so much like mine. Wrt the cream of wheat: have you tried Red River cereal? OMgoodness, now I'm craving it! I just bet you'd like it!

Laughing cow is always in our fridge, and I like it spread on slices of cukes, shake of pepper, for a snack; somehow it feels like I'm cheating.

B: Cheerios multigrain cereal, blueberries, almond milk
    L: 2 slices 12-grain country harvest bread (yep, 200 cal), sliced tomato, 1 tbsp mayo, s&p.
    D:? not sure. DH has to go to the Star Wars movie alone, dang it, because I've developed this ridiculous, annual cough. Good news is, it's my first sign of Spring: asthma!! Yay!!! hahaha!!! It's fairly well controlled but I really don't want to be coughing during a movie and watch people start changing seats to move away from me, thinking I'm contageous!
    So dinner just may be ham and eggs.

Yesterday I made a marinade for our chicken breasts and that was a nice change from plain baked or crock pot...I'm collecting recipes like a crazy lady and pinning them to one of my Pinterest boards, so I'll now actually have to find one that DH can run out for any ingredients we need. A change is always a good idea when dieting!

Keep up the great work and work-outs!! I'll exercise vicariously through you..

Have a successful week, everyone!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No I haven't tried Red River cereal but I will take a look for it next time I'm out shopping. Gotta keep it interesting!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes the laughing cow cheese does feel like cheating! It is a perfect snack.

I bought myself a case of Kind bars (now I see there is a coupon out- dang it) Oh well. So when I need a sweet I have them ready. But I will treat them still as a now and again treat.

It was busy at the gym today. And I am noticing that I have had shin splints the past week and a half everytime! Time to get new runners!!! I have a new pair that I don't love but I will wear them this week till I can get to Sportchek.

Have a good night!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes the laughing cow cheese does feel like cheating! It is a perfect snack.

I bought myself a case of Kind bars (now I see there is a coupon out- dang it) Oh well. So when I need a sweet I have them ready. But I will treat them still as a now and again treat.

It was busy at the gym today. And I am noticing that I have had shin splints the past week and a half everytime! Time to get new runners!!! I have a new pair that I don't love but I will wear them this week till I can get to Sportchek.

Have a good night!
    @Frugalbigmama , (soon to known as Frugalsveltemama) wrt your shin-splints, I wonder if taking in a magnesium pill would help. I used to get terrible leg cramps, omg, I'd nearly be in tears! Since taking one each evening, they've stopped completely. Might help? Of course new sneaks probably would, too.

I hope you like the Red River cereal...this is on my next grocery list, too, now that I'm craving it! hahaha!!

Take care and keep up the great work!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

No I haven't tried Red River cereal but I will take a look for it next time I'm out shopping. Gotta keep it interesting!
    My dad loves it. I can’t eat it because I’m allergic to flax.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information