User Tag List

Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's Monday! I brought all my snacks and meals to work today. Have my gym clothes so will go to the gym this afternoon as well so a good start to my week!
    Hope everyone else is having a good start as well

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

10 min power walk then 15 mins on stationary bike then another 15 mins power walking.
    Wore my old new shoes lol they were nice and cushiony but my socks were to thick so really hurt my feet but I powered thru. Will wear the rest of the week no socks I think. New shoes are on the shopping list this weekend.
    I am pooped but glad I went. Now I won't feel guilty relaxing tonight

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh has put on some weight over the years. He has recently been talking about going to the gym after work. I would like to start going to the indoor track and using the stairs there, which would be free. I want to be more active and resistance/impact is good for my bone density. I recently started my new migraine preventative medication, which has a 10-20% chance of drowsiness and weight gain. I weighed myself this morning and will keep an eye on it. If the medication works on my migraines, then I guess I’ll deal with the side effects.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I am down 4 pounds not much -was running to the toilet on Friday and yesterday ,I tell you its a struggle I am on 3 meds and low dose aspirin (on an upscale note my daughter lost 20 pounds of course she goes to a boot camp type gym for women only) so I benefited from getting a few nice clothing articles from her) ,not in the budget a gym for me ,so I cant wait to walk more in the spring and summer .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm down a few pounds too but just finished "friendly time of the month) so will wait till the weekend for a weigh in with better results. My pants are too big and the #1 thing- I feel stronger so that is all that matters.

I really am craving eggs and toast so that will be my dinner tonight. Will make up food for the others but my dinner will be simple and easy and light

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Snack time- One of my favs- Gala apple slices with almond butter. Yum!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have been taking my new migraine preventative for 2wks now. I’m not sure how much it has been helping. My weight is still stable, despite the potential side effects of the medication.

It was really nice outside on Wednesday, so I took the kids to the park for 2hrs. I’m looking forward to the niver weather, and spring. I’ve been considering taking our kids to the indoor track in the evening when it is really cold outside. We could all get some exercise. I have always enjoyed walking. I like to collect bottles when walking around town, then stick them in the garage to take them to SARCAN.

We haven’t gone swimming in months, but that is the plan for this afternoon.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Feb 18th, 2018 at 10:33 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning all! Have been busy and not online as much so kept forgetting to check in here.

Good start to today:

Breakfast- Cream of Wheat with banana and a bit of milk
    Lunch- 2 boiled eggs, Sunflower bread-toasted and sliced up cucumbers.
    Dinner- Roast beef, asparagus and a bit of potatoes and gravy

I have tons of 1/2 filled fruit bags in the freezer as well as ton of yogurt cups. So tomorrow and Friday I am making DS and I smoothies in the morning to take on the go.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have had a migraine for nearly 2 months straight. It fluctuates in pain level, but it hasn’t left since early January. I went to the ER last week and received 3 shots in the hip, but it still didn’t break the migraine cycle.

The weather has had been fairly nice this week, so I’ve been outside with the kids. I pulled them on the sled down the back alley and back, where there is snow. The combined weight of the children was about 100lbs, and we did about 1km. When I took our son to the track last week I did about 2km and stairs. The stairs made my legs sore for a couple of days. I can tell I haven’t been doing that particular exercise.

My weight continues to be pretty stable, fluctuating within 5lbs of the max of my healthy BMI for my height.

I wore a hole in the knee of two pairs of my jeans. I bought 4 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of dress pants at a 50% off sale at a local send hand store, total was $11.75. It was interesting to buy pants from size 10-16, all of which got me. This is one more reason not to pay too close of attention to the size on the tag.

Dh agrees that he needs to lose some weight in his belly. He acknowledged that he needs to limit his late night snacking. He got rid of his daily Slurpee habit and only has about 1 medium sized one a week.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Mar 13th, 2018 at 08:35 PM.
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I discontinued use of my new migraine preventative due to a bad side effect, which is in the top 10 side effects. It also caused a bit of weight gain, about 5lbs. The side effects were too much and my migraine still hasn’t left me after 2 continuous months. Dh is worried and I’m concerned about it too.

I took the kids out in the sled this morning and pulled them for about an hour. The combined weight of these children is about 125lbs. It got them outside and it was certainly a workout for me. We had a snow storm last week, but the weather has been nice the last few days and into the forecast. I shoveled the deck on Thursday and emptied/defrosted our chest freezer. I’ll have the kids in the back yard tomorrow.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Mar 20th, 2018 at 02:49 PM.
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, everyone!!

It's been so busy around here lately all I seem to have time for is to parachute in and fly out again!
    I see you're all still on the wagon, good for you!!!

I'm down 15 lbs total since I started, and hokey smackerdoodles, does that make a difference in
    the way clothes fit! And just being able to move around more easily.

Still plugging away and still not where I was before my fall...but getting there!

Keep up the great work!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ woo hoo!! Congrats on your 15 lb loss @Lynn49 !!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^^ woo hoo!! Congrats on your 15 lb loss @Lynn49 !!
    Thank you, Walks!! It sure feels good! We had the kids over for dinner last night and I was NOT on my diet!
    Today I was back on the wagon and feeling far less like a stuffed Thanksgiving turkey!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I have been trying but I know I have gained weight and I don't know what's going on. I'm not weighing myself for another month though. I have been using my pedal exerciser for 15-20 minutes on my legs and 15-20 mins on my arms. Maybe I'm gaining muscle haha. it's the diet side that has me pulling my hair out. I keep trying to eat healthy stuff and whatever I am doing isn't working well but I'll keep trying.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I have been trying but I know I have gained weight and I don't know what's going on. I'm not weighing myself for another month though. I have been using my pedal exerciser for 15-20 minutes on my legs and 15-20 mins on my arms. Maybe I'm gaining muscle haha. it's the diet side that has me pulling my hair out. I keep trying to eat healthy stuff and whatever I am doing isn't working well but I'll keep trying.
    @cabmonk , it sure can be frustrating. I'm unable to do any exercise at all, even the 4 stairs we have here are a proctological nuisance for me...one step at a time, still.

All I do is count calories. There's no big secret, just write down everything that goes into your mouth, with their calorie counts and boy, are there some eye openers!! I don't consider any foods off-limits, I just limit them. If I absolutely require ice-cream at night, I'll have a 1/2 cup @ 144 calories (I always err on the high side), and I enjoy it! And it's funny, you know, how satisfying that 1/2 cup is compared to 1 or 1 1/2 cups! The larger serving isn't more satisfying at all!
    My DH and I are on our own during the day so it's easy for me to stay on it, and for dinners, nothing fancy, I just calorie count and we both enjoy what we prepare for our dinners.

It's amazing, Cabbie, what a difference writing foods down as well as their calories; it sure makes me think twice about reaching absentmindedly for this or that.

Keep on track and you'll lose it! I watch "My 600-lb Life" and when they whine: "I tryyyyy, but it's so haaarrrd." Ya, Sweetie, it IS hard! But it's no harder for you to eat 1200 calories than it is for anyone else!! And it's sure easier than being overweight! Eventually most of them get it, and congrats to them! I can't imagine having to lose that much weight, so it encourages me to lose the little I need to in order to feel healthy. Not svelte like in my teens, hahaha...just healthy and a nice size to walk into any shop and buy clothes. I'm just about there!

Good luck, Cabbie!!!

Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information