User Tag List

Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I've heard of people doing this and wondered how well it works. I'll be interested to see!

What types of meals are you eating?
    Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Today began my intermittent fasting experiment. I will only eat between 11am and 8pm and fast the rest of the time (water is ok though)
    So for my first day doing this I only had 2 meals and a small snack because I was out shopping with my aunt. Tomorrow I will do the 3 meals, 11am, 2pm, 5pm and a snack around 7pm. So far so good with this plan. I'll see if it helps me lose weight.
    Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Still eat breakfast lunch and dinner but all between 11am and can't eat past 8pm. For breakfast I had 2 eggs as an omelette but made in my air fryer. Also 1 English muffin and some cucumber slices. About 2pm will be lunch which will be spinach salad. with carrots, cucumber, sunflower seeds, raisins and 1 Tbsp of zesty Italian lime dressing. Dinner I'll have 1 burger patty with no bun. Along with more raw veggies on the side. Snack will be 1/2 a cup of frozen grapes. I have completely cut out sweets, chips pop etc.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

dang it all @cabmonk I keep meaning to buy grapes and freeze them, they sound so delicious. Like a cheater frozen dessert?
    Your meal time adjustment can only bring good results, especially the nothing eaten past 8 p.m.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby frozen grapes are so good. I had wanted to buy the red grapes for 1.88lb but they only had the green. Cost me 16.00 but still worth it. It was my choice to go shopping yesterday and my aunt bought my groceries and I'll pay her back next week. Of course the red grapes go on sale today at food basics for .99 cents a lb lol. I'm really going to try and stick to my eating plan and see how it goes. Some people on the ddp yoga facebook group say it has worked for them.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

This was my salad. It came to 308 calories. Not too bad. I use the lose it app to track my food and calories.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

looks delicious @cabmonk are those pine nuts I see in with the baby spinach?

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

This was my salad. It came to 308 calories. Not too bad. I use the lose it app to track my food and calories.
    Mmm looks good. What's your protein with lunch? The burger sounds amazing. I've started subbing sweet potato for things like burger buns and rice. They're a superfood and an amazingly healthy carb.

I have a few recipes I wouldn't mind sharing if anyone is interested

Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    looks delicious @cabmonk are those pine nuts I see in with the baby spinach?
    It's a mix in a bag but it also has a bit of sugar so not great lol. But it has peanuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, dried pineapple, dried papaya, almonds, pumpkin seeds. 400g bag at Walmart for $3.00.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Mmm looks good. What's your protein with lunch? The burger sounds amazing. I've started subbing sweet potato for things like burger buns and rice. They're a superfood and an amazingly healthy carb.

I have a few recipes I wouldn't mind sharing if anyone is interested

I usually don't follow too many recipes. My salad had a bunch of seeds and nuts with 8g of protein. I also try to add flax or chia seeds.
    I had more protein at breakfast which was eggs and I mixed flax seeds in too.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I usually don't follow too many recipes. My salad had a bunch of seeds and nuts with 8g of protein. I also try to add flax or chia seeds.
    I had more protein at breakfast which was eggs and I mixed flax seeds in too.
    Mmm I love chia seeds.

I in no way whatsoever want to come across as a condescending know it all, and I'm not a registered dietician. But I do have a lot of experience in nutrition and fitness. So please take what I say with a grain of salt and do with it what you want

Tips I've learned from weightloss, training, and helping others reach their health and fitness goals:

- Mindset is everything. Don't beat yourself up for an off day and fall into the trap of saying "screw it", and then fall off the wagon for a few daus/weeks. If you know you're going to be going out for dinner etc, mentally prepare and know that day "isn't a weightloss day". Enjoy your meal and treat. And then move on. I like to live on the rule of 85% healthy, 15% fun.
    - WATER FIRST. Drink your body weight divided by two per day (in ounces)... ie if you weigh 190lbs you'd drink 95oz of water per day minimum (I learned this from taking the 2B Mindset course)
    - VEGGIES MOST. Eat more veg than anything else. Throw them in smoothies, use them in stir fry, on sandwiches, as your snacks, etc etc.
    - Carbs should not be entirely cut out. Your body needs them. Eat the healthy carbs rather than the processed ones (ie sweet potato rather than regular, brown rice rather than white, buckwheat pasta rather than white pasta, etc etc)
    - Protein is important to keep you satisfied and to fuel your brain and muscles. Lean meats, fish, legumes, tofu, protein powder, etc)

My husband lost 50lbs two years ago by working out intensely and eating only protein and veg. Unfortunately when he stopped that unrealistic way of eating, and began eating normal amounts of food again, he gained half of it back. Since March he has been using a system called portion fix and it's helped both of us to realize how much of each food group we should be getting per day.

For example, with the plan he's following, a man of his size (230lbs, 5"9) should be eating around 2100 calories per day to LOSE weight. He doesn't count calories and neither do I, as we dislike obsessing over that. Instead, this plan takes the amount of calories you're aiming for per day and breaks them up into containers.

So, continuing with my husbands example.. He started at 230. That translates to 2100 cals per day. Those calories then get divided into a much easier and MUCH more sustainable way of portioning your food (Coloured Containers).

I've attached a picture for you to see (I'm a super visual person so I always refer to this lol).

Hubby is in plan D. So as you can see he eats a lot. But it's a lot of the right things.

Each container measurement is as follows:
    Red (protein) = 3/4 cup
    Purple (fruit) = 1 cup
    Green (veg) = 1 cup
    Yellow (carb) = 1/2 cup
    Blue (healthy fats) =1/3 cup
    Orange (seeds/dressings) = 2 tbsp
    Teaspoon = oils, nut butters

I hope this was helpful. Again, I just want to share what I have learned through my own journey, my husbands, and the people I've worked with. The most important thing is finding what works for YOU!

Last edited by Bronwen; Thu, May 24th, 2018 at 09:56 PM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well back to my drawing board I guess... My much anticipated weigh in today saw me staring glossy eyed at the measly 6 lbs dropped in 5 weeks!
    I was totally expecting at least a 10 lb drop if not more for such good behaviour and the fact that my tummy feels so great.
    ugh!!!

Anyways, not to discourage others, these things are a journey not a sprint right?
    I am very grateful not to have gained any weight or plateaued which are both aggravating.
    Stay strong fellow losers!! The summer is right here....almost.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning fellow losers!!
    Today my mental state is so much better about this latest weight loss adventure.
    I simply re-framed what has occurred since starting on April 2nd and turns out most of the weight loss I achieved ( 18 lbs ) came in the first 20 days, but I chose to zero in on the less than stellar results in the 2nd half.
    Silly me.....I am clearly my own toughest critic.

Made up an new journal calendar today with goal setting ( targets ) posted every 10 days.
    I will weigh myself every 10 days. That should not impact my stress levels too much.

Hope everyone is carrying along on their own path with personal success!!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, May 31st, 2018 at 06:15 PM. Reason: mental not metal....lol!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

good morning fellow losers!!
    Today my metal state is so much better about this latest weight loss adventure.
    I simply re-framed what has occurred since starting on April 2nd and turns out most of the weight loss I achieved ( 18 lbs ) came in the first 20 days, but I chose to zero in on the less than stellar results in the 2nd half.
    Silly me.....I am clearly my own toughest critic.

Made up an new journal calendar today with goal setting ( targets ) posted every 10 days.
    I will weigh myself every 10 days. That should not impact my stress levels too much.

Hope everyone is carrying along on their own path with personal success!!!
    Glad to hear you changed your mindset!

I like to tell my challengers to celebrate non scale victories (NSVs) because a lot of the time the scale doesn't move but your inches change, your energy changes, your mood improves, your sleep improves, you fit into something you may not have a few weeks ago, etc, etc.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It hurts so much to discover I was sabotaging my own diet with high sodium!!!

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/357329...7/#post6900928

Good that I found out about that darn store bought hummus, I just never suspected a company could ruin such a delicious snack like that!!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

It hurts so much to discover I was sabotaging my own diet with high sodium!!!

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/357329...7/#post6900928

Good that I found out about that darn store bought hummus, I just never suspected a company could ruin such a delicious snack like that!!
    Sodium and sugar are the hidden saboteurs

Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread Information