User Tag List

Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Five passes of snow shovelling for our lot and two neighbours allowed me to make my steps yesterday without really going out and some good cardio on top of that!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sun, Jan 19th, 2020 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Angela273, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I am doing more walking, drinking more water, but I still have 2 pieces of chocolate every day I know I can’t cut it off entirely otherwise when I have a craving I will end up eating the whole bar. I will try my best not to buy chocolate that I can’t resist.
    Keep up the good work everyone.
    Happy Bundy @flemeth !

we can be almost sure that " Queenie " here likely knows the Easter Bunny on a personal level and gets free samples!! ha ha
    Isn't the call we get from chocolate unique? I get it as well, it's like an air-horn though.
    Kudos for you to be able to enjoy those couple of pieces a day. Finding small tricks that work for us individually is valuable.
    I'll forward all my chocolate to you since I've failed at practicing portion control......ha ha
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Jan 19th, 2020 at 08:50 AM.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and Ciel like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi all-dealing with a head cold -ugggg so not out walking mind you did shovel a tiny bit last night around the veranda
    Angela273, Lynn49, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Saturday morning I went out running around before the snow started. I went to Home Depot and Walmart after grabbing groceries to just walk around and get my steps in. It worked (Chatted at walmart for 30 with someone I hadn't seen in years which was nice)
    After dropping DS at work I decided to move some snow to get some more steps in. I fell lol and then I was hurting a bit so not doing that again anytime soon! Sunday morning I went walking at Walmart again after dropping DS at work. Then home to do laundry and house clean.
    We are starting a new program my guy and I so should be fun doing it together. I will continue to walk since I find it is great for my back/body.
    Angela273, Lynn49, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I walked all over the mall today ,and parked my car far also didnt buy any food item or drink in the mall .

Carefull bigfrugalmama -hope you are okay with the fall.My poor right shoulder is killing me (maybe from the shovelling on sat ) so I just iced it .
    Lynn49 and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had breakfast out today so walked to the breakfast restaurant, then to an eye appointment, more walking for shopping, the transit home (sore feet LOL) .. before lunch had 9000 steps. Done for the day! Wonder if I can squeeze in a lo-cal martini!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Jan 21st, 2020 at 02:48 PM.
    coupon girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been trying to make some better food choices...balance. I baked 3 loaves of banana bread this afternoon. Kids had it for snack and one loaf will be going into the freezer. Chicken breasts are baking in the oven now.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We went for a 25 minute brisk walk around the neighbourhood today (hubby and i) a bit nippy but refreshing .

Hubby bought a few bridge mixture at bulk barn and i ate a tiny bit -darn it all love my chocolate
    Angela273, Lynn49 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walked home from the pub last night - it was in the north part of the city so took me 1.5 hours but I got my steps in and very sore feet! 😂
    Angela273 and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, everyone.

I've been collecting recipes that jive with both my gluten intolerance + weight watchers, and it really is a balancing act, making substitutions such as replacing wonton wrappers with rice paper wrappers and really, it means spending a lot of time on here just finding and printing out recipes!
    If anyone else is doing WW, I suggest the site: deedeedoes.com. Actually, for anyone who wants low calorie dishes; she has an amazing collection! It can be a bit of a rabbit warren, getting lost sometimes (or is that just me?), having 12 tabs open, hahaha...but it's all worth it.

I've been very strict with myself, keeping within my 23 points, and am down almost 15 lbs since I started, and boy can I feel the difference in my clothes! It's so worth it! The only snacks I have are fruits (0 points) and bars, which I count the points for (usually 6 for the GoodFats brand from Costco) because they're so yummy and fit those cravings.

I just mixed up and 'fried' (dry in a non-stick pan), chicken "sausage" patties..just ground chicken, spices, shredded apple, 3 tbsp GF panko crumbs, 1 egg...I got 8 patties from a 454gm package of the chicken, so I'll use 1 at lunch with a couple of fried eggs, a sliced tomato. They'll be so handy in the fridge.

I hope everyone is keeping the promise to themselves to eat healthier, it's tough, no doubt, but personally I'm 70 years old, it'll be our 50th wedding anniversary this year, and I want to keep going on...and on..

Have a lovely day, everyone!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hello, everyone.

I've been collecting recipes that jive with both my gluten intolerance + weight watchers, and it really is a balancing act, making substitutions such as replacing wonton wrappers with rice paper wrappers and really, it means spending a lot of time on here just finding and printing out recipes!
    If anyone else is doing WW, I suggest the site: deedeedoes.com. Actually, for anyone who wants low calorie dishes; she has an amazing collection! It can be a bit of a rabbit warren, getting lost sometimes (or is that just me?), having 12 tabs open, hahaha...but it's all worth it.

I've been very strict with myself, keeping within my 23 points, and am down almost 15 lbs since I started, and boy can I feel the difference in my clothes! It's so worth it! The only snacks I have are fruits (0 points) and bars, which I count the points for (usually 6 for the GoodFats brand from Costco) because they're so yummy and fit those cravings.

I just mixed up and 'fried' (dry in a non-stick pan), chicken "sausage" patties..just ground chicken, spices, shredded apple, 3 tbsp GF panko crumbs, 1 egg...I got 8 patties from a 454gm package of the chicken, so I'll use 1 at lunch with a couple of fried eggs, a sliced tomato. They'll be so handy in the fridge.

I hope everyone is keeping the promise to themselves to eat healthier, it's tough, no doubt, but personally I'm 70 years old, it'll be our 50th wedding anniversary this year, and I want to keep going on...and on..

WOO HOO @Lynn49 !! Congrats on those 15 pounds you sent packing!! Way to go.
    The clothes? Oh so true isn't it? I know this is fact because mine are getting snug again!! ( grrrr! )
    It seems to be a good day, followed by a bad one here.
    The last 2 family members b'days is fast approaching so that will mean one last Hurrah for the 5 of us at the sit down AYCE.
    It is what it is I guess.....

I'll be back after that.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We took our kids out sledding yesterday afternoon.

This afternoon I worked out with twin boy. We ended with some Zumba from a YouTube video. I found them much harder and less fun than I’d hoped. Maybe I just need to find the right video. Regardless, we got our heart rates up.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jan 27th, 2020 at 03:48 PM.
    walkonby, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    WOO HOO @Lynn49 !! Congrats on those 15 pounds you sent packing!! Way to go.
    The clothes? Oh so true isn't it? I know this is fact because mine are getting snug again!! ( grrrr! )
    It seems to be a good day, followed by a bad one here.
    The last 2 family members b'days is fast approaching so that will mean one last Hurrah for the 5 of us at the sit down AYCE.
    It is what it is I guess.....

I'll be back after that.
    Oh, I know you'll be back, @walkonby ....then it'll be all of us keeping up with YOU!!
    I had one of those chicken 'sausage' patties I made with a poached egg, cup of soup, for lunch and omgoodhess!!! SO much better than those cardboard ones that we've bought before! The flavour was amazing. I will never go back to the bought ones, evah!!

Special occasions sure can put the brakes on diets, that's for sure! We don't have anything going on like that until our DD's b'day in March, and by then we'll have been back from our trip, so I'll indulge on her b'day.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Has everyone been put into witness protection?
    It sure has been quiet in here lately....

Anyway, just keeping up with this diet, we made 0-point vegetarian chili today and it's such a comfort knowing that it's in the fridge and I can have it whenever I'm feeling peckish and I don't have to track it.

How is everyone else doing???

walkonby, list465 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hello, everyone.

Congratulations @Lynn49 for staying on track and saying goodbye to 15 pounds. As for me I did not lose anything . Guess I am still eating too much sugar
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information