User Tag List

Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Lynn49 congrats on dropping those lbs. while away at DisneyWorld!! AND the rules state that if you lose the weight in another " land " , said lbs. are forbidden travel back to your hips!
    I know Lynn.....I'm slowly going insane here.....bwahahaha!!!
    Oh, Sweetheart, you were well on your way back when we met!

I didn't know weight loss in another country isn't allowed to cross back over the border!! Such good news because confined to the sofa with this back just makes me want to eat!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Mar 26th, 2020 at 10:25 AM.
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am getting a brand new bathroom scale!!
    It seems it comes with a treat as a reward at the end!

Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Apr 17th, 2020 at 01:24 PM.
    Angela273, GoJays and Linda Evans like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok. I’m going to try to get back in here. Excuses won’t help my waistline.

I pulled out my bin of summer clothes and tried everything on this morning. I was not surprised to find that a lot of the items were too small on
    me...hard pill to swallow.

I’m still home with our 3 children. I’m still dealing with my health and physical pain issues. Dh is an essential worker. COVID is still a concern and placing restrictions on our life.

I think I should return to my old reminder that helped me lose weight while substitute teaching after ds was born. Standing burns more calories than sitting, moving burns more calories than standing. If I want to look at or read something on my phone, there’s no rule that says I have to be seated while doing so.

Yesterday I planted my vegetable garden. It took my 1.5hrs. Everything except the 15 tomato plants that I’ll buy from my farmer’s market lady next Saturday, which will be the first sale since COVID. I planted lots of peas, 8 potatoes, 5 short rows of yellow beans, 2 long rows of Swiss chard, 7 long rows of carrots, 1 long row of leaf lettuce, 1 long row of radishes, 2 zucchinis, 1 lavender plants. My dill, chives, and red rhubarb plants are looking good. I’ll buy 1 cherry tomato plant and 15 large type tomato plants. Last year I grew brandy win and beefsteak tomatoes.

Today I took a big bike ride with ds. He enjoys going to the hill by his school. We eventually took a water break. We needed to catch our breath. It was windy, which made the bike ride more challenging.

edit: I also planted a couple rows of beets.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 20th, 2020 at 09:50 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Angela273 I admire your incentive!! Mine is nowhere in sight atm. Probably buried under a roll of fat.
    Your garden sounds terrific!! Good luck with getting back into your summer clothes.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Angela273 I admire your incentive!! Mine is nowhere in sight atm. Probably buried under a roll of fat.
    Your garden sounds terrific!! Good luck with getting back into your summer clothes.
    @walkonby You should join my again on this healthy adventure. Everything in moderation. Small positive changes add up.
    walkonby and lilo0003 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been busy this week and sore from it. I’ve been sorting through boxes of small kids clothes and posting them for sale since it is very unlikely that we will have a garage sale this year.
    walkonby and lilo0003 like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Ok. I’m going to try to get back in here. Excuses won’t help my waistline.

I pulled out my bin of summer clothes and tried everything on this morning. I was not surprised to find that a lot of the items were too small on
    me...hard pill to swallow.

I’m still home with our 3 children. I’m still dealing with my health and physical pain issues. Dh is an essential worker. COVID is still a concern and placing restrictions on our life.

I think I should return to my old reminder that helped me lose weight while substitute teaching after ds was born. Standing burns more calories than sitting, moving burns more calories than standing. If I want to look at or read something on my phone, there’s no rule that says I have to be seated while doing so.

Yesterday I planted my vegetable garden. It took my 1.5hrs. Everything except the 15 tomato plants that I’ll buy from my farmer’s market lady next Saturday, which will be the first sale since COVID. I planted lots of peas, 8 potatoes, 5 short rows of yellow beans, 2 long rows of Swiss chard, 7 long rows of carrots, 1 long row of leaf lettuce, 1 long row of radishes, 2 zucchinis, 1 lavender plants. My dill, chives, and red rhubarb plants are looking good. I’ll buy 1 cherry tomato plant and 15 large type tomato plants. Last year I grew brandy win and beefsteak tomatoes.

Today I took a big bike ride with ds. He enjoys going to the hill by his school. We eventually took a water break. We needed to catch our breath. It was windy, which made the bike ride more challenging.

edit: I also planted a couple rows of beets.
    Me too! It was pretty quiet in here so let's get the party started in here!

I just got off the phone with my wonderful guy. Told him I am making mason jar salads tonight to cover the next few days. Can't wait to get home and chopping! Will boil eggs for them too.

I have been busy in the backyard too so that will be my workout tonight. Next is cleaning out the garage. Anything to keep moving is good!
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I’ve been busy this week and sore from it. I’ve been sorting through boxes of small kids clothes and posting them for sale since it is very unlikely that we will have a garage sale this year.
    My garage is full ready for a garage sale I have been pulling stuff to post for sale as well and am seeing a dent. All we can do is keep at it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama thanks for joining me in here. Yesterday morning we planted the tomato plants that I purchased on Saturday at the Farmer’s Market. Before supper I took our kids out for a bike ride. We went for a big family bike ride on Sunday too. Since our twins are pretty young and still have training wheels, I don’t consider that to be a tough exercise...but I suppose it all adds up.

I think I need to try to do better at the grocery store. If the temptation isn’t in the house, it’s much harder to eat it. I don’t swing out to a corner store if I’m craving something, but I might put it on the grocery list.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, May 26th, 2020 at 06:40 AM.
    coupon girl and walkonby like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Eating my mason jar salad now for lunch. OMG! It is really good. Was nice to just grab and go this morning.

Tonight I will putter around the garage and the yard. Have to water my peppers

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama thanks for joining me in here. Yesterday morning we planted the tomato plants that I purchased on Saturday at the Farmer’s Market. Before supper I took our kids out for a bike ride. We went for a big family bike ride on Sunday too. Since our twins are pretty young and still have training wheels, I don’t consider that to be a tough exercise...but I suppose it all adds up.

I think I need to try to do better at the grocery store. If the temptation isn’t in the house, it’s much harder to eat it. I don’t swing out to a corner store if I’m craving something, but I might put it on the grocery list.
    Even just being out in the fresh air is good for you!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent 3hrs outside with my kids today. I spread mulch leaves around my tomato plants this morning. I don’t usually use mulch, but thought I’d give it a try this year. Our grass isn’t looking that good in the front yard and it has extra dandelions this year. I dug some of the dandelions late this afternoon. I’ll continue to work on it.

I made chicken veggie wraps for supper tonight. I now have some leftover chicken breast that I can eat tomorrow. Eggs don’t sit well with my stomach, so I try to limit eating them.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, May 26th, 2020 at 10:13 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Lunch time! Mason jar salad again. It was really helpful to have in the fridge ready because I was rushing this morning and it would have just been an excuse to eat something cheap and not healthy. Everything is really crisp and fresh still.

Tonight is laundry night so will be up and down the stairs in my cool Air conditioned house lol. Too hard to breath outside for me today so doubt I will be outside much. I may go on my treadmill.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I quit buying bagels a couple of months ago. I live sesame seed bagels, but don’t like the price. My kids and I made a double batch of sesame seed bagels after daycare got picked up this afternoon.

I’m so sore...between gardening, kneading bagel dough on the kitchen table (which is too short for me), etc. I hurt on various areas of my body.
    walkonby likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve spent a 2hrs digging dandelions out of our lawn and pulling baby weeds from my dill/pea patch. Although I’ve been wearing gloves, I’m getting some sore red patches on my hands. I think I’ll be sore tomorrow.

I’ve been intentionally eating more vegetables. I always have my water bottle with me throughout the day, and drink/refill it several times throughout the day. I drink milk with meals.
    coupon girl and walkonby like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information