User Tag List

Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning @HermanH . I count a peddle as one full rotation(peddle) on my stationary bike. I have some issues with my leg so my "training sessions" are very short. It's a positive spin (no pun intended) on trying to increase the duration on my bike versus mins or calories burned.

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Good idea to cook more of what you eat. That way, there is less hidden sugar, salt, and other 'fillers'.

What's a 'peddle'?
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

I am going to start going for 2 walks a day so I can get all my steps aim for the 1st walk before 10 am. So I am about to eat a banana now and then bundle up and go!

A smoothie for sure this afternoon. Really want to start adding these to my day.
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

wrg thread
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

First 30 min walk of the day done! Of course as soon as I went out it started snowing heavily and even hail! It covered the sidewalks and roads quickly. The nice part was no one was out and only 2 vehicles went by and one of them was OPP lol
    Angela273 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Good morning @HermanH . I count a peddle as one full rotation(peddle) on my stationary bike. I have some issues with my leg so my "training sessions" are very short. It's a positive spin (no pun intended) on trying to increase the duration on my bike versus mins or calories burned.
    One good training motto I have learned is to never do less than you did the previous day. If you do 10 pushups/situps/whatevers yesterday, do at least the same today (or more, but not less.) Stamina is built one small step/increment at a time.
    Angela273 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Didn't let the cold stop me today.
    Walked to RCSS and then walked around the store then back home.
    Perfect way to get my steps in.
    Even though it was hard to cross the hwy because sidewalks not plowed and unable to push the crosswalk button without being knee deep in snow.
    But happy i went and will do it again tomorrow.
    Angela273, SassyAshley and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Didn't let the cold stop me today.
    Think of the cold as a benefit that keeps you from overheating and getting sweaty.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day! Hope all is well!

I have a double chocolate loaf in the oven. Haha healthy because of the zucchini and Greek yogurt in it? lol I will just have a little piece to try and drop a piece to my mom to have with her afternoon tea
    walkonby, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m really enjoying keeping a small bowl of fresh sugar snap peas on my desk while I work. It’s a good snack and helped me reduce the amount of unhealthy snacks that I’ve eaten over the last week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think I'll only weigh myself once a week. It bothers me on a daily basis when it keeps going up.
    I'm eating well and taking multi vitamins and magnesium oxide (hoping the magnesium will speed up my metabolism)
    Im hit an miss with working out but I know that I promised myself one full year of not feeling bad about any weight gain when I quit smoking. Its a known fact for many x smokers but I seemed to come in on the high side of weight gain.
    I think for me it's about moving and activities. Food has a factor yes of course but even if I knit when watching a movie, I can burn calories.
    Healthy wishes to all

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@crafter , I stopped weighing myself all together. I tend to be more on the obsessive side of things so it was causing me more issues mentally then it helped. Years ago when I lost about 85 lbs (only know the amount due to doctor weighs in once a year) I gauge my weight loss on the size of my clothes changing.

I have come to discover that I eat better when I wake up early. One day last week I let myself sleep in a little bit and today being Saturday I slept in and both days I struggled with me eating. Where is I find if I get up early naturally my body gets hungry and I eat.

I enjoy being up early and having the hour or two before the work day "start" to get work done before the distractions start. I also enjoy getting up early on weekends, I just enjoy that me time so my goal is to get back to being a morning person.

I did some meal prepping today so we have tons of options in the fridge for lunches this week, just need to figure out breakfasts. Not only are mornings our busy time at work but I start booking training sessions at 9 am so most days I need something I can just grab and eat. Breakfast is harder for me, most mornings I do not want sweet but I am not a huge fan of eggs (will eat them here or there and only hard-boiled and they have to be warm or sunny-side up) breakfast is hard for me.

Tomorrow I want to cut up some veggies I can snack on during my afternoon training sessions. I have found on days I do not have afternoon session I will make myself a snack but when I have training session I skip my snack and then am starved by dinner. We have some peppers, cucumbers & carrots I can cut up. If I have them in the fridge I can just grab the container and snack as I train our staff.
    crafter and GoodBoy like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im hit an miss with working out but I know that I promised myself one full year of not feeling bad about any weight gain when I quit smoking. Its a known fact for many x smokers but I seemed to come in on the high side of weight gain.
    Don't want to be presumptious. Are you looking for helpful healthy hints?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hints are always welcome @HermanH
    Thanks for your tips @SassyAshley . p.s. think outside the box re breakfast. There's no rule saying you can't have leftover zucchini rolls. Breakfast is just a meal. We should technically being eating veggies at breakie just like we would for any other meal.
    My brother had a hard time at first when he went with his wife to see her family in China. He was eating chicken wings at 8 am, after awhile, he said why do we have to eat cereal or eggs in the morning anyways?
    Angela273, SassyAshley and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I'll only weigh myself once a week. It bothers me on a daily basis when it keeps going up.
    I think that it is more important for you to assess what you eat and not the volume.

When I changed my eating habits, I swore off anything that I didn't cook myself. Therefore, no canned stuff, pre-packaged food/snacks, deep-fried, or outside meals. To ensure that I still felt full, I did not limit myself to anything that was fresh. For example, I limited myself to 1/2 pound of meat daily (as it is the highest caloric item), but I allowed myself to eat as much vegetables or fruit as I wanted. I am not exaggerating when I say that I eat fruit by the bucket. Any time I am hungry, it's boiled broccoli, carrots, or cauliflower; all I wanted. Eating good quality healthy food to replace sugary sauces and high calorie stuff like mayo helped me lose 60 pounds. (I think that mayo on a burger has as many calories and fat as the patty itself.)

One thing that helped me build mental discipline was a simple visual aid, a calendar. I placed this calendar where it would be the first and last thing I saw every day. You might consider hanging it in front of your exercise bike, as a private silent unforgiving taskmaster. On this simple calendar, I would write down the number pushups every day in the box. The numbers were small at start, but the important thing was to see that each day was filled. The first week was tough, but after it was filled, the visual self-reinforcement was tremendous. I could stare at it every time I exercised and see improvement with every additional repetition.

Every additional week that filled would be a celebration and quiet, personal confirmation that I could do it. The first month of completion was elation. Then another month. It's the little stuff that continues to build, but that calendar staring back at me was a prime motivator. A few times, I was still up at 0200 finishing my promise to myself. It reminded me not to slack off and next day I finished earlier.

Try it in front of your bike, as you count 'peddles'/rotary cycles. Good luck.
    Last edited by HermanH; Sun, Jan 24th, 2021 at 12:35 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hints are always welcome @HermanH
    Thanks for your tips @SassyAshley . p.s. think outside the box re breakfast. There's no rule saying you can't have leftover zucchini rolls. Breakfast is just a meal. We should technically being eating veggies at breakie just like we would for any other meal.
    My brother had a hard time at first when he went with his wife to see her family in China. He was eating chicken wings at 8 am, after awhile, he said why do we have to eat cereal or eggs in the morning anyways?
    Congee/soup, made with leftover dinner rice, is a common Chinese breakfast.

Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information