User Tag List

Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I took a long walk in the orchards with my father and we picked some apples too !!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Anyone make new year resolution lately for getting healthy ? Any examples you want to share on here ?
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cath007
    My New year resolution would to be cutting down on my Black tea intake daily trying to only have the max of 3 cups. I am a tea drinker and drink tea instead of water so will also try to drink more water.
    I want to also put in an evening walk.
    coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi All!

No real new resolutions. Just the same old ones. Choose healthy food. Exercise.

Tonight I will bundle up and go for a walk. We are expecting lots of snow but enjoy walking those nights
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm really focusing hard on getting into shape and weight loss this year. When I was diligent about it last summer I was losing .2 of a pound each day. I'm not interested in dieting at this point. I find that if I do light exercise a few times a day it makes a difference.

I was working on a pilates type yoga strength series but it might be a tad over my capabilities at this point. I'll focus on something a little more calmer and easier.
    Last edited by crafter; Wed, Jan 5th, 2022 at 07:34 PM.
    coupon girl, walkonby and HermanH like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was a good girl and made a healthy lunch last night so it was ready for me to grab when heading out the door this morning. I will make sure I do the same tonight.
    crafter likes this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Crushed another day with our peloton. Upper body with weights followed by legs and glutes and my first yoga session! Also went for a walk earlier in the sunshine and getting on the bike for my last workout ride and then off to shower and bed.

Hope everyone is doing great and making positive changes. You got this!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Crushed another day with our peloton. Upper body with weights followed by legs and glutes and my first yoga session! Also went for a walk earlier in the sunshine and getting on the bike for my last workout ride and then off to shower and bed.

Hope everyone is doing great and making positive changes. You got this!
    Amazing workout @harbie !!
    I am just at the very beginning ( again! ) after falling head first into the covid fear and eating my way through it all for 2 years.
    No working out yet for me, ( both knees are screwed, bone on bone in one and not much cushion left in the other ) so I am just changing my diet to a very healthy one. Scary advice ( and serious finger wagging warning )from my GP has forced me to turn my relationship with food from horrible to logical.

Since Wednesday Jan 19th ( when the GP boom came down ) I have lost 11 lbs! This is only the initial ( but still motivating ) water loss. Once this phase passes the real work will start.
    I pray for NO plateaus!
    harbie and crafter like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @cath007
    My New year resolution would to be cutting down on my Black tea intake daily trying to only have the max of 3 cups. I am a tea drinker and drink tea instead of water so will also try to drink more water.
    I want to also put in an evening walk.
    Maybe herbal tea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I was a good girl and made a healthy lunch last night so it was ready for me to grab when heading out the door this morning. I will make sure I do the same tonight.
    I sometimes cheat - make too much of a healthy meal for dinner….. leftovers = healthy lunch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    crafter likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@walkonby that’s great to be down 11lbs. Water or not it’s the motivation! I too struggled with Covid. DH and I had been going to the gym 5-6 days a week before the pandemic. I had taken up running (which is hilarious since I’ve always hated running way back when I was in school). It became my obsession and I would run 5-6km 5/6 days a week. Then I didn’t feel safe at the gyms, then they shut down. The roller coaster of them opening, closing due to exposures, opening again was too much. I only went once and used our buildings gym but that was difficult. No finally I’m back on track. Not able to run yet due to an injury but working my way back so I’ll be ready for my second Vancouver Sun Run 10km!

One step at a time. You may have plateaus or even set backs but the key is to NEVER QUIT! It’s on,y fail if you give up!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It became my obsession and I would run 5-6km 5/6 days a week.
    I was doing about the same during the summer. It just felt so darn good, so I just kept going and going and going.

Alas, I should have had more days rest in between. My knees started swelling and I got some pain. Ended up walking for months, until the pain subsided and I could run again. Now, I think that I actually prefer to run in the cold of winter. At the end, I can always kneel down and ice my knees in the nearest snowbank. I find that it does wonders for the swelling.
    harbie and crafter like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I was doing about the same during the summer. It just felt so darn good, so I just kept going and going and going.

Alas, I should have had more days rest in between. My knees started swelling and I got some pain. Ended up walking for months, until the pain subsided and I could run again. Now, I think that I actually prefer to run in the cold of winter. At the end, I can always kneel down and ice my knees in the nearest snowbank. I find that it does wonders for the swelling.
    Rest days are important but I struggle to do them. I feel sooooooooo good after a workout that I want to keep going, especially when I would have that runners high <3.

I did some damage to my planter fasciitis (didn’t seek help for a year partly due to Covid) so now I’m in physio and can’t run just yet so spinning is my outlet and newest obsession!..

Gotta remember the snow trick next time it snows here

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not a runner but I did that last year, my planter fasciitis was acting up and 1 - I did not go the doctor for months and 2 - Due to stores being closed, not selling non-essential (shoes were non-essential) I went months wearing shoes that were falling apart and hurting my feet. My feet are impossible to fit so I felt buying online was not an option. I will literally at times try on 20+ pair of shoes before I find one I like and fits me correctly.

It took me almost a year to have no pain, still if I am not careful I have days with pain.

Rest days are important but I struggle to do them. I feel sooooooooo good after a workout that I want to keep going, especially when I would have that runners high <3.

I did some damage to my planter fasciitis (didn’t seek help for a year partly due to Covid) so now I’m in physio and can’t run just yet so spinning is my outlet and newest obsession!..

Gotta remember the snow trick next time it snows here
    harbie likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley ouch! It is a miserable pain. I kept thinking I could “fix it myself” and work through it but after a year and it progressively getting worse it came to a head and I finally went to see Dr. while I got my flu shot.
    Proper fitting shoes are #1. I now have a closet full of New Balance runners! They are the only ones that work for my feet. That with shockwave therapy 3x week now to 1x every 2 weeks and staying on top of my stretches and strengthening seems to work. Now I just have to gradually start my training for running my 10k in April . That will be fun.

Here’s to a planter pain free year!!!

Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information