User Tag List

Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

That's fantastic @crafter

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I was procrastinating badly yesterday which meant I finally finished my workout at 9:30pm . It’s all good. I did a just over 4km high resistance ride and a lower body stretching class.

I was more motivated this morning so after finishing up 2 loads of laundry, making the bed and tidying up the kitchen I hit the bike for an 8.5km high intensity ride (phew) a cool down ride(2km) and finished with 2 full body stretching workouts. When DH gets home I’ll do an upper body weight workout while he rides. Then I’ll be done for the day.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Had an extra long day at work today but still hit the bike. Did a 007 themed 30 min ride and completed 13km. Hit my personal best for a ride so I was on cloud nine. On cloud nine almost passing out . Did the follow up 10 min 007 stretch. Wanted to do the 007 weights but I was done. Saving that for tomorrow.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This makes no sense at all @harbie ? Why do I get winded when I read about your Peleton workouts? ha ha I am quite serious, they sound so intense. Good on you for always doing them even when your work days have been more than challenging.
    harbie, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good for you Harbie. I have a row and bike ride ahead of me this afternoon.

I noticed a news blurb that Amazon is considering buying Peleton
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    This makes no sense at all @harbie ? Why do I get winded when I read about your Peleton workouts? ha ha I am quite serious, they sound so intense. Good on you for always doing them even when your work days have been more than challenging.

Hey, it’s not always easy to do them trust me! I struggle to get motivated to get on it but then when I’m on it’s like I get a burst of motivation. The thing is I have to increase my intensity because otherwise I don’t feel like I get my heart rate up and sweat enough. Seriously after a week I noticed a HUGE increase in my cardio strength and my staminate. It’s crazy!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Good for you Harbie. I have a row and bike ride ahead of me this afternoon.

I noticed a news blurb that Amazon is considering buying Peleton
    ( it’s the closest to a row I could find lol).

Thanks . It’s either exercise or day drink to relieve anxiety

I hope Amazon doesn’t buy them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    ( it’s the closest to a row I could find lol).

Thanks . It’s either exercise or day drink to relieve anxiety

I hope Amazon doesn’t buy them.
    Lol Harbie love your perspective

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Hey, it’s not always easy to do them trust me! I struggle to get motivated to get on it but then when I’m on it’s like I get a burst of motivation. The thing is I have to increase my intensity because otherwise I don’t feel like I get my heart rate up and sweat enough. Seriously after a week I noticed a HUGE increase in my cardio strength and my staminate. It’s crazy!
    It is wonderful to hear someone get such joy from their exercise regiment. Apart from the initial $1500-2500 outlay for the bike, are there additional costs for the online hookups? Do you pay per session, monthly, annually?
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    It is wonderful to hear someone get such joy from their exercise regiment. Apart from the initial $1500-2500 outlay for the bike, are there additional costs for the online hookups? Do you pay per session, monthly, annually?
    We bought the base bike (not the bike+). Total for the bike was $2122.40. We didn’t buy the shoes to clip in so we needed cages and a mat from Amazon and that was $144. The subscription is $53 and change a month but you can any number of people on that subscription and unlimited classes. Running and walking (outdoor audio class), youga , Pilates, meditation, etc…Great for families.

If you were to take one soul cycle class in studio it’s $35/per class and we spin 6-7 days a week so that would add up pretty fast. Not to mention pre pandemic we both had gym memberships that cost us $38 and change X 2 people and during the pandemic with the shut downs, Covid exposure closures( our gym location had 3 themselves), not getting use of all premium amenities despite paying for them and only being able to workout for 1 hour, pre booking 3 in a week we had enough.

Peloton also has a 0% financing and 30 day trial for those that are unsure. Hands down best investment we made

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yesterday marked 6 years ago that I was going in for surgery for my cancer so I chose to celebrate that by working out . 20 min James Bond themed 007 upper body weights and a 20 min 9km 80’s ride. Man, the 80’s is my jam!!!!!

Today we will be taking advantage of the sunshine and walking outside and then later today riding again.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to be honest, gyms have never been my thing even pre Covid. I could see me paying for it but never using it. Pre work, work-out is not an option as I would usually get to the office between 6 & 7 am. Then if I had to come home and go back out, I know myself it would not happen.

Pre-move (many many years ago), I had work out equipment at home and was pretty good at using it, once I got into the rhythm. Since we have moved it has all been buried away in various places around the house but no accessible.

Our new goal is to get our Health Walker or maybe the one we have is called an Air Walker moved up to the Living Room. We are realistic, it won't get used in the basement and we did think about moving it to the guest room but the guest room is a whole other "issue." It is a bit of a slow process since Mom has turned our living room into her craft room during the pandemic, although I cannot say anything as I have taken over the Dining Room as my office and also have a workstation in the living room. We have a plan, now we just need to execute it.

Once we get it moved my plan will be a short work-out before I start my work day and go from there.
    harbie and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I get it @SassyAshley . The only reason we went to a gym pre Covid was because DHs dad had a triple bypass and he said he didn’t want to be like his dad, not that he was but it scared him. He doesn’t want to be like his dad in ANY way! So it got him motivated and I went to sup him and ended up loving the feeling. But once Covid hit I stopped. I didn’t feel safe at the gym( pre vax) and even after with closures due exposures so our only time there was July 1 2020 and that was our last.

I tried to pivot but I had difficulty running outside and we had zero equipment so I’m so glad we got the bike. It takes up so little space and it’s quiet which is nice when Dh is riding. All I hear is his breathing. Plus I can do 10, 15, 20, 30 or more minute workouts so whatever I feel I have the energy for is what I do. I’ll never go back to a gym that’s for sure.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't like gymnasiums, either. It's all so artificial to me. I prefer the great outdoors and try to follow the philosophy of not turning my back on the gifts presented by Mother Nature. Love hiking, working, and sweating outside while making vitamin D. (Plus, I'm a cheap bastage. :D)

Btw, do you ever move the Peloton bike outside to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air at the same time?
    crafter likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@HermanH I love the outdoors too but I’m not a fan of the rain and living on the Wetcoast it’s what we live with so the bike is perfect. We don’t move it cause it’s a bit heavy (135lbs) and to be honest we have the windows open, a fan directed at the bike and I prefer to ride in a darker room. Easier for me to concentrate instead of watching life outside. I only do short workouts so I make the most of them.

Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information