User Tag List

Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Shoveling snow is definitely a workout! I’m glad I don’t have to do that for my workout.

Got a 20 min strength workout in with increased weights and I caved and ran for 30 min again. I know it was supposed to be a rest day from running but I couldn’t resist it and I felt good.

Havent planned today’s classes but most likely the same.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

just a proud shout out to my oldest sis! 75 years young and doing 2 fitness classes a week at her local Parks and Rec centre.
    harbie, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Shoveling snow is definitely a workout! I’m glad I don’t have to do that for my workout.
    Just remember to always lift with your legs and not your back. If your legs are sore after shovelling and your back is not, then you did it correctly.
    harbie and cath007 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am trying to cut sugar by drinking less pop and more sparkling water...had a pc paid that price at 3,49$ a case of 12 cans I choose mandarines..it is not that bad as I expected to be..Just need to learn to drink more.And change habits
    harbie and HermanH like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@walkonby : Wow!!! That is amazing wtg!!!! Congrats to your sister!!! Defenetely a good role model !!!
    harbie and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@harbie :You are a inspiring person you too!!! I am amazed by all the exercice and fitness you accomplish each day wtg!!! Reading yours posts is so positive and I want to be in shape ,one day at the time..It will be slow for me but it cannot be worse than now..
    harbie and walkonby like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , not sure if your stores offer it but here PC offers Sparkling Water in pop flavours, I have only tried the Ginger Ale and you notice the difference but it is still good.

Something about when warm weather comes around I want fizzy and flavourful, just plain water doesn't cut it. So I either grab these or add fruit to my tap water, my fav is lime and strawberry, so good.
    harbie, walkonby and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : thank you I will check that the next time I will go to maxi and cie
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@walkonby that’s great that your sister is working out. It’s true when they say movement is medicine! It’s doesn’t have to be a hard sweaty workout to be effective. 30 min of walking is also great.
    @cath007 thanks for the compliment. Let me tell you it didn’t come overnight and I still struggle with the motivation to do it some days. The reason I can do it is discipline over motivation. I know I will feel better after and it’s just a habit like brushing my teeth.
    Start off easy. 30 minutes of walking or riding your exercise bike. Put on a show and when the 30 min episode is done so are you.

I agree with @SassyAshley I haven’t had a pop since 2017. I mainly drink water or non caffeinated tea but sometimes I have either a Buble or AHA sparkling water drinks. For me the pack lasts for months since I don’t drink it often.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So after a long day at work, traffic, driving to get diesel and having to make dinner and prep for todays work I decided not to run last night. I did do a 30 min strength training which included legs and glutes. I’m feeling good this morning so after work I’ll try and get my run done. Most likely I’ll try a core class since it’s been a few days since I’ve worked those.

Movement is medicine

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

After work but before dinner I did a short 10 min upper body strength class but with heavier weights. Now up to 12lbs for shoulders and back which is good for me.

Did another 40 min run and smashed my PR for 30 minutes. I’m up to 4 km in 30 and working towards 5k in 30ish……

It’s all about progress not perfection!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I decided I needed an active recovery day yesterday so instead of my use gym workout I chose a 45min hilly walk with Dh.

I personally want to exercise every day but every once in a while I take an active recovery day to still exercise but less intense.

Not sure what today will bring…….still thinking.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I was struggling yesterday with motivation. The weather was gray and dark all day from when I woke up at 5:30am until I forced myself to get working out at 6:30pm. I am taking vit D but the weather still affects me I guess.

Did a 30 min strength training. 20 upper body (shoulders, back and chest) and 10 legs and glutes. Man those EMOM workouts are hard. They are an Every Minute On the Minute so you have 1 minute segments and have to get a specific number of reps done in less than that as thE time left over is your recovery time. That is approximately 10-15 seconds of recovery until you’re into the next movement! Your butt will thank you for it…..or maybe not

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Man those EMOM workouts are hard. They are an Every Minute On the Minute so you have 1 minute segments and have to get a specific number of reps done in less than that as thE time left over is your recovery time. That is approximately 10-15 seconds of recovery until you’re into the next movement! Your butt will thank you for it…..or maybe not
    It's great to see that you have found some help in varying the types of training. Doing something different every so often certainly helps break the monotony of exercise. Of course, I refuse to take my own advice. I continue to plod along every day doing the same workout. I consider it additional mental punishment, because I have to force myself daily. I prefer to look at monotony as extra mental strengthening; I don't have to like it -- I just have to DO it. The more I hate it, the stronger my will to make my body do what my mind wants, regardless of how it complains.
    harbie likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@HermanH it's always a struggle at times for me even with changing up my workouts. I think it always will be at times but I force myself to do SOMETHING every single day no matter what. Not just simply stretching or meditation, I mean actual movements and preferably getting my heart rate up even just a bit.

I'm trying ot vary my workouts and make sure I'm including strength to help me with my first love that is running. I've come to understand just how important strength training is in relation to running and getting faster and not to mention helping reduce injuries.

Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information