User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: QOTD - Tue Jan 10 - Guilty Pleasure TV Shows

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    The Last Frontier (about singer Jewel's Alaskan family) - because my mother grew up this way and I survived being raised by a mother that was raised this way D thinks it's cool and I say, no thank you, I like watching it on tv and dredging up old memories but I am perfectly fine with reviewing the lifestyle only on a screen!

Alaskan Bush People - Hatewatch. These people would be dead if the tv crews weren't there.

Cold Water Cowboys - one of the fishermen is my neighbour's son. The show helps me get a better understanding of his tales. Stay where you're to, I'll come where you're at!

Other than that, sounds like you're on the same tv diet as me, Lynn. Lots of man channels
    Hahaha..."man channels"...I call them the intelligent channels...like Jays I won't put up with any ridiculousness from "white trash" no matter who they are or how much money they have...they're still white trash, imho. Airing their dirty laundry in public like that? It's just disgusting, but that's just me. I also don't let murder tv into my home, don't need it, my home doesn't need it. And people wonder what's wrong with their lives.....

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I love Vanderpump Rules, Real Housewives of Beverley Hills, London, New York, New Jersey. The apprentice, the bachelor/bachelorette are good too. I love watching them online at slice.ca, global tv and citytv any time I want. The only network that doesn't post shows afterwards is E! which is annoying as I don't have cable.
    I lost interest in Vanderpump Rules with Lala and James
    barbis9 and danger_dan like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    The Last Frontier (about singer Jewel's Alaskan family) - because my mother grew up this way and I survived being raised by a mother that was raised this way D thinks it's cool and I say, no thank you, I like watching it on tv and dredging up old memories but I am perfectly fine with reviewing the lifestyle only on a screen!

Alaskan Bush People - Hatewatch. These people would be dead if the tv crews weren't there.

Cold Water Cowboys - one of the fishermen is my neighbour's son. The show helps me get a better understanding of his tales. Stay where you're to, I'll come where you're at!

Other than that, sounds like you're on the same tv diet as me, Lynn. Lots of man channels
    I am with you on Alaskan Frontier, I started watching it with my husband because he is a tv hog and our basement TV has been disconnected while renovating, I am not sure why I like it but I do!!!
    Alaskan bush People is another we watch, yup those people are a bit off!!! I want to send them money to fix Bird's teeth every time I watch it.
    barbis9, lecale and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

seems many on here are of the same train of thought as us. NO reality trash tv for us ever!
    Anything addiction/rehab related, people living together in a house, real housewives of who gives a crap, anything Kardashian,
    but I watched some of the first Survivor and I believe a guy named Hatch won, I think that was his name. He walked around nekkid?
    I asked myself...is this tv now?
    Apparently it is, and it has not improved any.

Since retiring I do watch lots of tv....fast forwarding through the taped ads, love that! But Sports takes up a good chunk of the viewing too ( both DH and I watch ) and then our addiction to nature/animal shows....just not enough hours in the day to fit in the other trashy stuff.
    The worst is being drawn in 100% to the US Presidential election and I still cannot turn away.

Ooops! Oh Dear!! I just remembered.....I used to watch Here Comes Honey Boo Boo....but that petered out quickly, I think I was smitten with the wee girl, then the tragic reality of who her family were made me shudder.
    Is the Duggars a guilty pleasure?
    I watched when it was 17 kids and counting and actually fell for the parents! They just seemed so genuine....ugh, another bubble burst for me there.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol....happy that you've come over to the "light side", @walkonby !!
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Hell's Kitchen is the reality TV show DH & I watch at the moment.

My guilty pleasure tends to be the "weird" shows as DH calls them, Haven, Under the Dome, Dr Who, Continuum, The 100.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My guilty pleasure for TV is Coronation Street. I really can't tolerate reality TV (well, except Survivor) or gross-images TV (like Criminal Minds.) Once in awhile I get something from the library that we get hooked on, for example, "House of Cards." I would love to watch Nature Shows, but find that they always seem to include animals killing and eating each other, which honestly makes me ill. (I wish they would make Nature Shows for grown-up overly sensitives. )
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    My guilty pleasure for TV is Coronation Street. I really can't tolerate reality TV (well, except Survivor) or gross-images TV (like Criminal Minds.) Once in awhile I get something from the library that we get hooked on, for example, "House of Cards." I would love to watch Nature Shows, but find that they always seem to include animals killing and eating each other, which honestly makes me ill. (I wish they would make Nature Shows for grown-up overly sensitives. )
    Oh, I forgot House of Cards...love it! However, I don't think it's in the same trashy catagory as any of the above-mentioned tv "entertainment' reality shows.. I also could not agree more wrt nature shows; what happened to those lovely Disney nature documentaries where no one got eaten, no one died....why does everything have to be so fargin' real nowadays?!!!
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Hell's Kitchen is the reality TV show DH & I watch at the moment.

My guilty pleasure tends to be the "weird" shows as DH calls them, Haven, Under the Dome, Dr Who, Continuum, The 100.
    I wouldn't call Dr Who weird....Well, I wouldn't call any of those shows weird.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I would call Corrie too trashy either,better than us day time soaps anyway
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

love at first kiss
    kardashians
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh too many to choose....

danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

hrm.. there's alot of TV shows that i do watch.. but for guilty pleasures... reality tv wise i like the amazing race, and project runway, ohh and married at first sight!.. i'm more a fan of scripted comedies or dramas (though nothing set in court rooms or hospitals, bleh you'd never catch me watching any of those CSI shows) i am really enjoying speechless, american housewife, this year and lucifer, the librarians, really looking forward to the magicians starting back up in a few weeks
    danger_dan likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I rarely watch tv.

However I am guilty of peeking at reality shows (Sadly) RHW

Oh and anything to do with homes. (Property brothers, Love it or list it, Million dollar listings etc)
    Natalka and danger_dan like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hells kitchen
    -love it or list it
    -greys anatomy
    -don't care for reality shows

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information