User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By smf008
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Loblaws - No Flyer Store at Maple Leaf Gardens

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I am not sure if this is the right forum or is this a deal or anti-deal?

But I just learned that Loblaws have "no flyer stores". For example, the new Loblaws at Maple Leaf Gardens is a "no flyer store". This means that they do not honour any of the sales on the Loblaws weekly flyers. (real winner )

Now comes the "deal" part of this post. They do, however, as they tell me, have in store deals that you have to be physically present to see. This week, the super size coke is on for 4.99 as they tell me.

I just love these "no flyer" stores.
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws
    Last edited by smf008; Fri, Dec 9th, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

That's weird .

I think they paid an arm & leg for that location when they bought it from Maple Leafs & want to recover the high cost through higher prices

Usually the flyer which comes in your house has a list of stores/locations on the back of the last page ..so I guess technically they are right & the flyer is valid only at those locations .

I have actually seen flyers which clearly mention valid at all locations ..except so & so location .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

strange, but I guess it kind of make sense that to them because when you go out to their store to look for deals, you might end up buying something even if there is no deal that you like as compare to you just looking at the flyers at home
    Last edited by freefreefree; Fri, Dec 9th, 2011 at 12:39 PM.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

I live about 2 blocks away, but am not planning on shopping there. I still prefer Sobeys or Metro for the rewards programs, and with the odd exception, I don't find that Loblaws is that great pricing wise.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think no flyer and the rest of locations follow the flyer.I wouldn't shop there at all.Value Drug Mart in Red Deer doesn't follow the flyer prices unless you bring the flyer in by printing it.I'm not wasting my money and ink all the other stores will have a better or same deal as them.I'll never go to Value Drug Mart again.If I live where you are I wouldn't go to that Loblaws either.
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Dec 9th, 2011 at 01:05 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

longos does that too, especially since i live in the middle of 2 of them one follows the main flyer and one has thier own in store specials (which are the same as the flyer) but if you want to get a rain check you can only do so if you can show a flyer for it which that store doesnt have

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Thats so weird.

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I've only seen something like that in a Rexall which was on the first floor of a hospital. It's a very large Rexall too. But I guess they think they have a captive audience and no need for sales.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smf008 View Post
    This week, the super size coke is on for 4.99 as they tell me
    The only big size coke that I know of is the 2L. There is a bigger size?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    The only big size coke that I know of is the 2L. There is a bigger size?
    Years ago there used to be a 3 litre bottles of pop but they went flat really quick.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I remember buying the 3L Dr Pepper knockoff in the US at one of the dollar stores for $1. Called Thunder something. Stopped buying because it wouldn't fit in my fridge vertical, and if it's opened and put it in horizontal, it would leak.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

So with no flyer, they are encouraging people to walk around the store and scope out the deals.

Good marketing strategy - people tend to pay more when there is not shopping list or plan for their shopping trip.

To beat them at this game, I would go to the store, with running shoes on, and use it a my "mall walk" physical activity opportunity.

I would only buy things that are rock bottom prices, that I know from you experience on SC.

So, there is a way to win with a no flyer store. You just need to be a smart SC.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Pretty ty deal, but I looove the location, wish it were open years ago when my friend lived right next door (walking to the Metro was a pain)....
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sounds like the grocery store wants to be a destination store (with hockey connection) and at the same time, avoiding Ryerson U students that might want to stock up on specials. Though does the location offer Ryerson U students discounts on groceries on Tuesday nights?

The student union is paying for the upper two floors so that the ice arena and fitness area become part of their recreational complex.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live around the area. You have to physically walk in to find the deals. You can actually find some really good deals. However, I have no clue when their sales items start and when they ends. They are avoiding cherry pickers to clean them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by smf008 View Post
    I am not sure if this is the right forum or is this a deal or anti-deal?

But I just learned that Loblaws have "no flyer stores". For example, the new Loblaws at Maple Leaf Gardens is a "no flyer store". This means that they do not honour any of the sales on the Loblaws weekly flyers. (real winner )

Now comes the "deal" part of this post. They do, however, as they tell me, have in store deals that you have to be physically present to see. This week, the super size coke is on for 4.99 as they tell me.

I just love these "no flyer" stores.

Thread Information