User Tag List

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    This reminded me to make up my own batch of chicken soup because I used the last two jars in the jambalaya I made up a few days ago. I'm probably sharing info that everyone knows already....but that's never stopped me from talking! I always keep three doubled plastic bags in the freezer of bones and scraps. One is chicken, the other is ham (including the rinds that I trim off) and the last is beef. Whenever I peel or slice off parts of veggies that I don't use, they go into one bag or another. When the bags are full I make stock by leaving a full pot to simmer for a few hours. The ham and beef bones go to the dogs after I strain the broth. I'm sure most canuckers do the same but maybe some newbies don't. Believe me, with the cost of broth in stores, you *need* to make your own. Besides which, store broth is so salty.
    Do you think it would work well to store the bones in icecream buckets with lids in the freezer? Or do you think they would end up with a funny flavour. Dh currently isn't on board with keeping the bones because he doesn't really like soup. I have an instant pot and people use it to make bone broth.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took out Boneless skinless chicken breasts at lunch. Will spice up, butterfly and bake in the oven 1st thing.
    Will make quesidias for dinner with salad. Will make extra for DS's lunch tomorrow and extra for the fridge for the teen for a late night snack.
    Took out a package of cream cheese too so it can soften up by tonight. Will make nacho dip and package in lunch size containers for DS.
    Liking the upcoming flyers. Lots of fresh stuff for a good price. Also will grab some $2 PC pizzas for the teen. I can't make it for that! Keeps everyone happy!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went to the walk-in clinic - I have bronchitis and strep throat - which explains why I am still sick as a dog 8 days and counting. Whatever money I saved by not shopping last week I spent on medication today :-( On the bright side my free shutterfly book came in the mail today.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    This reminded me to make up my own batch of chicken soup because I used the last two jars in the jambalaya I made up a few days ago. I'm probably sharing info that everyone knows already....but that's never stopped me from talking! I always keep three doubled plastic bags in the freezer of bones and scraps. One is chicken, the other is ham (including the rinds that I trim off) and the last is beef. Whenever I peel or slice off parts of veggies that I don't use, they go into one bag or another. When the bags are full I make stock by leaving a full pot to simmer for a few hours. The ham and beef bones go to the dogs after I strain the broth. I'm sure most canuckers do the same but maybe some newbies don't. Believe me, with the cost of broth in stores, you *need* to make your own. Besides which, store broth is so salty.
    If I don't have leftovers what would I put in my crockpot to make a nice chicken broth? I can't seem to find the fine egg noodles that my mother used to buy in stores. Has anyone seen those noodles? I think Lancia used to make them.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Bf has a cold that started last thursday. Its ended up with him in the hospital er today...out via medic vac tomorrow morning for more tests.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hope you get answers, here's to a speedy recovery. You both have had your health challenges in the last year
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Went to the walk-in clinic - I have bronchitis and strep throat - which explains why I am still sick as a dog 8 days and counting. Whatever money I saved by not shopping last week I spent on medication today :-( On the bright side my free shutterfly book came in the mail today.
    Atleast you got answers as to why it's dragging on, hope you feel better soon.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

If I don't have leftovers what would I put in my crockpot to make a nice chicken broth? I can't seem to find the fine egg noodles that my mother used to buy in stores. Has anyone seen those noodles? I think Lancia used to make them.
    I believe Walmart carries that brand, have you checked there?

The other stores tend to carry the no yolk and I believe they are called Egg noodles.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

All caught up,

Hope everyone who is under the weather feels recovers quickly, nothing worse that being sick or feeling sick.

I've sent dh to SDM to get 2 loaves of bread on his way home, let's hope he doesn't add any extras (lol), a girl can dream.

I made some peanut butter oatmeal choc. chip cookies today as we are short on lunch snacks.

I will do my big shop or send dh to SDM on Friday when I get paid, they have really great price on the PC sweetened condensed milk 2 for $4 which is good, also have granola bars on for $1.99 etc.

Supper tonight is oven baked fried chicken, I haven't made that recipe in about 6 months , it's made with spices and panko crumbs so they are nice and crunchy , I tossed some peppers in some plain pasta I had in the fridge to use up.

I have sent my request to OMVIC to start the claim and request to investigate the dealers re; the car purchase. So unless they request something I didn't provide I shouldn't have to do anything else but provide answers to questions as they go along (fingers crossed). I did not complete the online form as I had about 30 screen shots of relevant information (emails, statements, pictures, etc) so hopefully the email request will suffice.

I watched 1/2 the Counting on wedding last night. I went to bed as I was too tire only to discover that someone must have bumped my request to record....sigh....and next week they are not showing the wedding episode prior to the honey moon episode.

Wishing everyone a great night

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hope you get answers, here's to a speedy recovery. You both have had your health challenges in the last year
    Thank you. We have yes. Him more so than me. Poor guy last night was so worried its going to mess up us getting the house. I kept telling him everything will be fine. He didnt need to stress.

JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I believe Walmart carries that brand, have you checked there?

The other stores tend to carry the no yolk and I believe they are called Egg noodles.
    They are delicious. I love putting them with a myshroom beef goolash. The stores in town stopped carrying them here though.

Last edited by saundyl; Tue, Feb 21st, 2017 at 04:44 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Did anyone notice pc plus was down yesterday and a password reset was forced even for people who recently changed theirs?

Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Ciel re: pc plus store offers or pc offers, my offers do not reflective my shopping habits so it's extremely rare that I get offers for items I purchase which is frustrating to say the least.

But I am grateful that I have the elite card which accumulates points quickly.
    saundyl, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thank you. We have yes. Him more so than me. Poor guy last night was so worried its going to mess up us getting the house. I kept telling him everything will be fine. He didnt need to stress.

If I may make a suggestion and it`s not too late, get mortgage insurance for sickness etc. not just death.

We did not take the sickness benefit and we regret it We could have used it over the years with my illness and dh`s back problems.

Just something to consider if you haven`t already
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Feb 21st, 2017 at 05:38 PM.
    saundyl, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Did anyone notice pc plus was down yesterday and a password reset was forced even for people who recently changed theirs?

I just checked and had to change my password again, I find it frustration that the limit you to 8 characters, oh well

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, how I miss the egg noodles my mom used to make herself!
    I used to buy Catelli fine egg noodles, but they've gotten really pricey.
    Now, I use these noodles - they are really tasty and I break them up quite fine before cooking them. - I get them from WM, but London Drugs also has them.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/yy-inst.../6000135442270
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Feb 22nd, 2017 at 03:48 PM.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information