User Tag List

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I just read an article that the NDP is trying to get Time of Use Hydro in Ontario done away with saying it really is not achieving it's purpose and is only adding stress to Ontarian's lives.

All I have to say is oh how a girl can dream.

Last Friday I worked part of the day from home and would have loved to do a few things well I was home (toss in a load of laundry, turn on the dishwasher) but due to time of use I had to wait which lead to me forgetting and it not getting done.

Also they want to change the structure of delivery fee so that there is no longer an up charge for rural living users.
    Yes they better do something about hydro costs. I can tell you it is making me stay put as much as I want to sell and move to the country. But I am not paying stupid amounts for hydro for that. Feel sorry for people on fixed incomes etc.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I just read an article that the NDP is trying to get Time of Use Hydro in Ontario done away with saying it really is not achieving it's purpose and is only adding stress to Ontarian's lives.

All I have to say is oh how a girl can dream.

Last Friday I worked part of the day from home and would have loved to do a few things well I was home (toss in a load of laundry, turn on the dishwasher) but due to time of use I had to wait which lead to me forgetting and it not getting done.

Also they want to change the structure of delivery fee so that there is no longer an up charge for rural living users.
    I would love if they had rural delivery fees in par with the city as we pay $80-$90 a month in delivery fees
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Anyone have a Finish Rebate form to send me? I can send new stamps
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I live in a rural area on a farm as well. We keep an efficient airtight and a fireplace going in winter and so do not so much as turn the thermostat on. Nevertheless, we pay through the roof for hydro because both of us need to use the computers all day (for one thing). The delivery charge is a killer. It is especially egregious because we live so close to the Grey Bruce Nuclear plant from which so much of the energy comes. If logic were applied, then people in Toronto would be paying higher delivery fees. But this ain't logic, this is politics and a monopoly.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If the NDP could bring hydro tiered pricing (first 750kwh is so much per/kwh, then the next tier up is more/kwh) across Ontario like we had in the McGuinty days before the hydro companies changed the format, it would help those of us on the TOU system(depending on the hydro company, some of them are on TOU and the others still have tiered pricing). Of course, such a change would mess up hydro providers' ability to make people keep off hydro on hot days with peak demand...Also those relying on electricty for cooking and heating could use more tier kwh room given their reliance on electricity.

OK-managed to get to Denningers and draw down my bank money to get two hemp bite packages on sale. Noticed the Bechtle noodles on sale (thin egg ones for soup) plus that Denningers has their own brand of the noodles too. So @barbis9 , if you have a local retailer selling German foodstuffs, it may have the soup noodles if you cannot find the La Molisana ones at Food Basics.
    Enjoyed the mild day-did two more can walks and yes, I found a $5 bill at the bottom of ditch (glad it was not flooded with water). Put it into my account with some of money before going to Denningers. Will put grocery money into my account to replace my fee money tomorrow and add the last $1.10 of the day (had $1.90 on trip one). I was near the Upper James Shoppers at Rymal and even though it had been raining, if the connecting bus had not shown up when it did, I would have checked to see if that store has the Coke Cherry Zero pop. Yes, I'm that weak around pop-but I did not get into the store but got on the bus. Given the recent "bounty" of money found, I'll make a point to clean up some of the litter this week in various spots by carrying extra plastic bags as my way of giving back.

Socks-popped into Millers shoe store in the same plaza at Denningers. There is a McGregor sock display stand 1/2 way into store with some lovely multiple pair packs, and single pairs from McGregor(a four pack for women had copper tones or motifs on all 4 pairs), Tommy Hilfiger, CK and Hot Sox (novelty prints). I'll remember for next time I need socks. Just thought I'd share if anyone is in the area and needs some new spring socks!

My boots and winter coat need washing today. Will take care of those items after dinner (cooked pasta with two teas, the raspberry leaf mixed with Tetley Vigour so minty and salt/oil). Already have garbage and recycling put out for tomorrow.
    wendymac and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    I live in a rural area on a farm as well. We keep an efficient airtight and a fireplace going in winter and so do not so much as turn the thermostat on. Nevertheless, we pay through the roof for hydro because both of us need to use the computers all day (for one thing). The delivery charge is a killer. It is especially egregious because we live so close to the Grey Bruce Nuclear plant from which so much of the energy comes. If logic were applied, then people in Toronto would be paying higher delivery fees. But this ain't logic, this is politics and a monopoly.
    We heat with only wood all winter, we used to have propane as a backup but since I'm home all day/everyday it's not a problem.

I think there is nothing logical with the way the whole hydro is set up, we sell to the US way cheaper than they charge us, no logic whatsoever.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel I thought of you today as I sat at the exit off the 403...there in a ditch was a McDs coffee cup, sticker intact.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The chicken drumsticks weren't fully thawed, so I'll bake them this evening and we'll eat it tomorrow. I made chicken and mushroom Alfredo with angel hair pasta. Tomorrow evening I am hoping to take the twins with me to a Metis cultural event. Our son has gymnastics at the same time, so hopefully Dh will be home in time to take him to gymnastics. Either way, we'll need to eat an early supper.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well slept this afternoon as my shoulder was in pain -then cashed my ebates cheque of 36.75 put it towards my cogeco bill -yippee
    -then got all dressed up in a skirt and blouse and my leather boots and went to kelseys with my son and his family for his birthday -my daughter-in-law used her scene points to save 20.00 off the bill so that was nice along with eat 4 entrees one is free
    -so with tip I think I paid 26.95 for hubby and I , my son gave me his share towards the bill nice evening out -plus free cakepops for his dessert -I had one yummy
    -gotta go to bed soon up early to watch Ashlyn on tuesday

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well slept this afternoon as my shoulder was in pain -then cashed my ebates cheque of 36.75 put it towards my cogeco bill -yippee
    -then got all dressed up in a skirt and blouse and my leather boots and went to kelseys with my son and his family for his birthday -my daughter-in-law used her scene points to save 20.00 off the bill so that was nice along with eat 4 entrees one is free
    -so with tip I think I paid 26.95 for hubby and I , my son gave me his share towards the bill nice evening out -plus free cakepops for his dessert -I had one yummy
    -gotta go to bed soon up early to watch Ashlyn on tuesday
    Sounds like a lovely time, hope you start to feel like your old self soon

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We are currently budgeting $700 a month for food. Family of 5. We have been coming in under budget. This includes gluten free eating for my daughter. Her bread is $6.50 a loaf regular price. Our stock pile comes out of this budget. We don't stock pile much.

I know a family of three who spends $1000+ so I think we are all doing great!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Granger: I think Silver Hills bread is either gluten free or has a loaf type that is. Last time I wrote to them, they sent 10x$1 off coupons to me. silverhillsbakery.com

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had a super productive night last night which was just what I needed. I got nothing other then laundry done around the house this weekend as I had to work all weekend. We are currently working on a project that when I first started took a month, then we got it down to 2 weeks, now we have it down to about 9 1/2 or so hours which is good but it uses so much of the systems resources we cannot process well we are open for business. So this is what I did all weekend, granted took me a little longer this time not sure why I think I was off my game this weekend.

Last night I managed to clean the kitchen, part of the bathroom (I still need to do the floors and walls, maybe tonight or maybe not), make a batch of Banana Muffins to use Bananas we otherwise would have had to toss, take the garbage out and put away the laundry I did on the weekend.

Tonight I need to (maybe) do the bathroom walls and floor, empty the dishwasher and wash the muffin pan from last night (I did everything else well the muffins were baking).

I also got my Old Navy order which I need to open up and see what fits and what needs to go back. This is all stuff for my vacation as I really do not have any summer outfits as I usually wear Jeans all summer with a top and most of my tops are starting to show there age as I only have a couple I rotate. I also have some dresses but there are going to be a few days well we are away where dresses won't be an option.

I guessing I will not be able to get my Nexus card before we leave as I still do not have the letter back yet to book my interview, not sure what the delay is as there is no way to track this process but guess I should email everyone and let them know I will be holding them up at the airport as I will have to go through standard security which from what I told could take me up to an extra hour without the nexus card. Oh well not much I can do I should have had my letter back by now but there is no pushing the government.

Alright well better get back to work, have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had a super productive night last night which was just what I needed. I got nothing other then laundry done around the house this weekend as I had to work all weekend. We are currently working on a project that when I first started took a month, then we got it down to 2 weeks, now we have it down to about 9 1/2 or so hours which is good but it uses so much of the systems resources we cannot process well we are open for business. So this is what I did all weekend, granted took me a little longer this time not sure why I think I was off my game this weekend.

Last night I managed to clean the kitchen, part of the bathroom (I still need to do the floors and walls, maybe tonight or maybe not), make a batch of Banana Muffins to use Bananas we otherwise would have had to toss, take the garbage out and put away the laundry I did on the weekend.

Tonight I need to (maybe) do the bathroom walls and floor, empty the dishwasher and wash the muffin pan from last night (I did everything else well the muffins were baking).

I also got my Old Navy order which I need to open up and see what fits and what needs to go back. This is all stuff for my vacation as I really do not have any summer outfits as I usually wear Jeans all summer with a top and most of my tops are starting to show there age as I only have a couple I rotate. I also have some dresses but there are going to be a few days well we are away where dresses won't be an option.

I guessing I will not be able to get my Nexus card before we leave as I still do not have the letter back yet to book my interview, not sure what the delay is as there is no way to track this process but guess I should email everyone and let them know I will be holding them up at the airport as I will have to go through standard security which from what I told could take me up to an extra hour without the nexus card. Oh well not much I can do I should have had my letter back by now but there is no pushing the government.

Alright well better get back to work, have a wonderful day everyone.
    I have never had any luck with Old Navy for myself. I find the tops very thin/cheaply made. I do love the cargo shorts and swim shorts for the kid though. I bought a bunch last year on the large size and the cargo shorts should still fit the youngest. I did buy him new sport and swim shorts thought already this year.
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good morning everyone,

Since the kids ate at MIL's on Sunday, I will be making homemade burgers tonight. I need to take some bacon out as a topper.

I have to make some pasta for dh & mine's lunches for the week as well.

The couch blankets are washed and drying downstairs, once dry this afternoon I will do a large load and hang to dry as well.

I've transferred alotted funds to various accounts for March's budget.

I need to do up a grocery list of needs vs. wants, it's amazing how many things get crossed off the list when not necessary.

I'm really hoping for a sale on pc shrimp as I'm down to my last bag.

Wishing everyone a great day

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread Information