User Tag List

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

yesterday I made a large batch of soup instead of muffins, dh ate the blueberries for breakfast.

Supper tonight is bbq hamburgers (homemade) with ceasar salad.

2 loads of laundry are washed and hanging downstairs, tomorrow I will wash our bedding and ds1's.

Dh has given me the green light to pursue the dealership and their actions. I've finalized my research, I just need to give OMVIC another quick telephone call. I spoke with them yesterday about opening and investigation as well as a claim. For those that are interested if you open a claim but don't request an investigation the dealerships will not be investigated. I want them investigated which may result in charges especially since it's 3 employee and the dealership itself that could face charges.

I've been in contact with a local newspaper in the town which the car was purchased, they are interested in seeing documents to see if there is a possibility of a "tactful" story. At this point a "tactful" story is of no interest to us, as their readers need to be made aware of the dealership and it's wrong doings to unsuspecting customers/clients. Also I don't feel like sharing my personal finances with a journalist and editor if they are not willing to air out the dirty laundry so to speak.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -just finished the bathroom in total -of cleaning and discarding old stuff -cleaned the 3 bathroom toilets today (staying out of stores-lol)
    my pkg came from the bay I ordered online 2 days ago -well the pima cotton nightie is going back too tight(save 6.29)hope hubby's shirt and undershirt fit him he is in need of a few new clothing -I got lovely new pillowcases too so soft
    -chatted with daughter and I talked to Sebastian he is coming up 5 months on the 13 feb-he ohhed and auuhd back at me -cant wait daughter asked if we wanted to come see her and Sebastian on sunday morning early and stay for breakfast(which is fine by me ) cause son asked us if we didn't mind watching ashlyn sunday night at 5.30
    -cant wait til sat night too (busy weekend ) we are going out with friends for supper at kelseys -I have a coupon too
    -supper hamburgers homemade and fries and brocolli
    Enjoy your action packed weekend, well deserved
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I updated my trade list with call-ins and FPC food coupons. I don't trade coupons very much anymore, but there are some coupons that I just haven't found in my community, like Whiskas cat food.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just saying Hi!
    @coupon girl , we all help out my sister (my mum and I) with child care, its just sort of a family thing with us too, so I think its great you feel that way too. My mum did the half day thing when my nephew was in kindergarten, and she said it was tough but I think she thought it was worth it in the long run

Love the Antarctica pics!

Cupboards are getting cleaned out, making a freezer inventory so I can plan meals and use things up!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@jasperandchar

I am feeling much better thanks! Been back to myself for about 2 weeks!

The budget doesn't produce money from magic, but I have confidence that for the first time ever, we are moving forward with spending and saving. We have always made sure the budget balances, but now we are sticking to a budget. I will share a screen shot sometime since it is independent of the bank account. If we save $50 for vacation a month that is $50 we haven't saved before and will add up!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Using my Tangerine mastercard over PC mastercard for 2 months has given me cash of over $50 which has gone straight into my Tangerine savings account. I still use my PC plus card and Shoppers Optimum card. I redeemed my Sears points towards a parka coat yesterday and was able to get one for under $100 with taxes and it is so warm! Still tackling the high price of groceries - that is my challenge.....ugh!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Productive day. My man did the driveway. I made chili. Cleaned washrooms. Load of laundry on. Wrote out shopping list. Cleaned out fridge. All garbage and recycling out to garage. Kids fed. DS is out playing in snow. Earlier they shoveled a neighbour's driveway and made $20. Dinner is planned. (Rotissere chicken). Now shower time and quality shopping time with the love of my life Will treat him to a coffee.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-went to shoppers today -got a few items on sale ,and clearance quo items too got 20 times the points for spending over 40.00(personal offer)got gas for hubby -so darn cold out
    -so just chillin til we go out for supper -oh may return the 2 items to the bay on our way out -as its on the way

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner was fab! Leftover chicken will be turned into chicken ceaser wraps and quesidias for DS'S school lunches. He will love it! Groceries. Lots of deals and pc pts. Healthy lunches to be made this week. Snacks boiled eggs and snap peas. DS loves both so will make enough for week for all of us. Stocked up on .75 cent Unico diced tomatoes and kidney beans. Romaine hearts 2pk .99 at No frills. I have 600 pc pts on both cards. Grabbed 5 packs today and will replenish on Wed. Lots of salad etc for us for next 2 weeks. Tonight we made Greek salad with dinner.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Round of egg and cheese on toasted English muffins. Even the teen was up before 10 am (driving lesson lol) fried and boiled the rest of the 18 pk of eggs I got yesterday for 1.79 (Expire Feb 10th) Kitchen is nice and clean. Will run the dishwasher after dinner.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Going to get dressed for day. Bit of running around today on my own. Offered to take youngest to movies but he doesn't want to see A Dogs Purpose. Too sad he said. He is my emotional boy. I told him we could cry over popcorn together but he said no. Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The nacho casserole on Friday turned out ok for me but sibling expressed interest in some more beef and sauce. Well I thought by putting in the 340g of shredded cheese would make up for fact the $6 ground beef pkg was 450g rather than 500g the recipe needed and this was medium ground beef. The more lean stuff was $6.50 at Walmart and I did not want to buy it. If I had bothered to make a second trip on Thursday night, I could have tried Food Basics for their beef but it was a cold night.

Good way to use up a bag of Tostitos rounds! I also decided Dollar Tree's Vine Ripe Salsa in medium for $1.25 was a better buy than a $3+ jar of Tostitos salsa. Glad I read the shopping threads on SC! The remaining salsa was enjoyed with a second bag of Tostitos chips yesterday.

Gail Vaz-Oxlade had a Stay Healthy with a tight food budget article in Monday's Smart Money section of the Toronto Star. Could not find the item online so I made a photocopy of the article yesterday. She allows $50 per person per week but in winter fresh produce is more costly.
    She advises *shopping the sales (we do) and recommends a dozen eggs for their protein and filling nature. She suggests have $20 as a float in the budget to take advantage of specials that save you money over the month. Peanut butter is one example-she'll buy 4 jars on sale at $2.49 each. (Now peanut butter is something some households can eat but not in nut-free or peanut-free homes.)
    *Use everything you buy-older veggies go into stews; chicken bones are used to make stock (not something I do as I rarely buy chicken meat to cook). I know there are SCers who do make stock in batches for soups and covering meals for a period of time.
    *Look for alternatives-beans for protein or one pack of sausages that you cook one at a time for your meal for flavour.
    *Invest in healthy staples-peanut butter, oatmeal, rice, chickpeas and pasta are budget stretchers.
    *Cook ahead-well, that happens when possible (time, resources, have ingredients on hand).
    *DIY-don't buy prepared foods ever-chop your own produce.
    *Add variety-mussels or fish stock from leftover shrimp tails/fish skins and bones (never have done this as I'm not a shellfish eater).
    *Keep your eyes on the size-eat recommended size portions and slow down to enjoy the food. (Hard one most days but sometimes this works!)
    She ends with sticking with fruits and veggies and eliminate most of your meat.

I can see how using other protein sources (each of us has our likes/dislikes to work with) will make up for the reduced meat in a diet. Just have to know how much protein one needs daily and figuring out what foods will give the required amount every day.
    Though it stuns me that Juicy Jumbos are $3.99 on special this flyer at Fortinos but were a better deal the week before ($2.99 when I bought a package).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went grocery shopping yesterday morning with our son. We went to the CO-OP and then No Frills. I posted the highlights in the best deals of the week thread. I now have enough PC Plus points to redeem for a $50gc, but I'll have to change the settings on my account again...I'll have to remember how to do that. I folded laundry, just need to put it away. We took the whole family swimming. The kids did good, but baby girl impressed me. We were running late, so he got us to pick up three $6 meal deals from DQ on the way home. I saw La La Land in theatre last night, a friend paid for my tickets as a birthday gift. I was full from the DQ, so I skipped the concession stand.

Today is my birthday. Dh is going to take our son skating later today, it's free. I plan on taking our son out to Boston Pizza with me to share my free birthday dessert.

They are forecasting 10cm of snow tomorrow with some wind, not good road conditions for Dh.

edit: I bought an unused family swim punch card, 10 swims for less than 1/2 price from someone who was moving to another province.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Feb 5th, 2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Delighted you were able to enjoy some time with a friend, @Angela _273. Happy birthday-another busy day!

Please make sure you are putting something on your sore limbs. Walmart first aid aisle carries the Procure Epsom salt rub & gel($12.77)-it'll help with any bruising and likely any strains you are still feeling from the ice slip. Tube is about the size of a hair gel tube but looks more clear than white and has a dark blue banner across the tube.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Some weather system is coming out this way-freezing rain expected on Tuesday, same day Mom has her dental appt. (I could not convince her last week to cancel it and wait until after Feb.). Wait until I tell her the forecast-she won't be happy.
    @Frugalbigmama and other SCers with active kids playing hockey and skating and such in winter-do your kids rely on lip balm applied to their nasal septums to keep their skin from drying out or cracking in the cold? I read that tip (lip balm applied with cotton swab to septum) by a doctor who does that with own kids in winter in First for Women (page with tips for kids and health). The balm works for a few hours.
    @jasperandchar -You MacGyvered a meal plan despite DH eating your muffin fruit.
    Speaking of blueberries, I was admiring the $3.99 PC bags of wild ones at Fortinos. I too was thinking about muffins but decided to wait on buying any frozen fruit. I was picking up a carton of milk and more sparkling water yesterday and wanted peach slices and wild blueberries. Have to figure out what muffin ingredients plus berries are needed. The milk is for cream of carrot soup-need the smell of tarragon to warm up today!

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information