User Tag List

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh got his truck back, more repairs were needed than we had anticipated. It cost shy of $2,600, but it should be good to go and the work that was done will prevent further damages.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    We stayed a Sunday to a Monday at GWL and paid the same price as is being advertised by the Fallsview website. BUT GWL is sold out of standard rooms right now and the cheapest is $600+!???!

GWL is a true resort. Fallsview is not as it uses adjacent hotels and day passes. At this time of year Fallsview is the more economical choice. GWL has more for the younger crowd 6 and under. If your kids are over 6...I doubt they would have a different experience.

I have been to all the waterparks in the Falls. My fav is GWL, but it is not worth the extra money unless a) your child has allergies like mine or b) you are rich c) you get a really good deal so you don't have to pay extra money (October is good to go). Americana is smaller scale so better for ages 0-12 (they poisoned my daughter with gluten so I will not being going back there), Fallsview ages 6 and older, GWL ages 0-92.

I think Fallsview is the way to go if you are booking for family week. Have fun!!!
    Thanks or taking the time to provide a true and tried review on the water parks. I am thinking of booking something in the near future, I read some reviews about Great Wolf Lodge about bed bugs which totally creeped me out. Also about the rooms being dated and not very well lite.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Dh got his truck back, more repairs were needed than we had anticipated. It cost shy of $2,600, but it should be good to go and the work that was done will prevent further damages.
    Oh that sucks Angela, was it just routine maintenance?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I've sent sdm an email dh did not get his points for Friday's offer, I sent an email to their customer service 4 days ago and no reply, then noticed another email address so hopefully they will add the points, I took screen shots of the points offer so I have proof of the offer he had.

I'm thinking tomorrow's supper will be sweet n' sour chicken, I'd better go grab the chicken while my brain is still functioning (haha).

Wishing everyone a great evening.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Thanks or taking the time to provide a true and tried review on the water parks. I am thinking of booking something in the near future, I read some reviews about Great Wolf Lodge about bed bugs which totally creeped me out. Also about the rooms being dated and not very well lite.
    Anywhere can get bed bugs. Hotels have a systems for prevention, especially mainstream ones, who can't afford that! We enjoyed the room, but we weren't looking for classy, it is a "lodge!" Wherever you land, have fun!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Oh that sucks Angela, was it just routine maintenance?
    It's a 2006 diesel, some pretty major maintenance. It had all of the tire rods and all of the ball joints replaced, counter pully for the fan belt, plus a pump, and a couple of hoses were replaced.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The bedbugs issue wasn't at the GWL in NF. And really you are there for the water park not to hang out in the room. The rooms were fine to me, they are animal and kid themed!
    JadeAngel, Ciel, Granger and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Planning ahead! My man's bday is in 2 months. I have started the plan. I always seem to buy him some sort of Groupon. I like something to "do" (as well as other stuff I get him) Last year I bought him a day at the golf course, 18 holes and cart for him and a friend. I just arranged an afternoon in Collingwood with good friends of ours. We are touring a brewery (get some samples, pint glass to take home etc) then a nice lunch and then we are going for a hike. 1 thing figured out
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent more hours up with babies than I did in bed last night. I'm taking the kids to Sobeys with me after Pre-K is done for the day. I'll redeem Air Miles for a $100 gift card. It'll cover my prescription and some groceries. I'm not sure that I'll spend $50 to get 10% off my groceries, I don't think we need that much today.

I found my bag with additional sewing supplies in it and it had red thread that I need for mending, hopefully it is enough and I won't have to buy more.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Feb 7th, 2017 at 11:55 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

I tackled my to do list for the day...phew.

The weather forecast overnight is calling for freezing rain so I'm anticipating a snow day tomorrow.

MIL's bff gave MIL another garbage bag filled of her daughters clothes for me, lots of items fit and still have tags , so grateful that they pass along the clothes. The bff also sent a garbage bag filled of her son in laws clothes for my eldest, he says there is lots of things he will be keeping...very thoughtful of them to share with people they know

I've made dh a collage of items from the SDM flyer to pickup tomorrow on his way home, it works great he gets a visual of what I want and quanties....plus the coupons attached. Once sdm allots the points for Friday's shop which are missing we will only need 2k in points for a top level redemption which we will save for Christmas. These points have been accumulated since the sdm added the points for the November redemption...yippee... Last year we did 3x 95k redemptions and 1x 50K redemption, we aiming for 5x 95k redemptions now that we have the system down with point offers, coupons, etc.

Wishing everyone a great day
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

I tackled my to do list for the day...phew.

The weather forecast overnight is calling for freezing rain so I'm anticipating a snow day tomorrow.

MIL's bff gave MIL another garbage bag filled of her daughters clothes for me, lots of items fit and still have tags , so grateful that they pass along the clothes. The bff also sent a garbage bag filled of her son in laws clothes for my eldest, he says there is lots of things he will be keeping...very thoughtful of them to share with people they know

I've made dh a collage of items from the SDM flyer to pickup tomorrow on his way home, it works great he gets a visual of what I want and quanties....plus the coupons attached. Once sdm allots the points for Friday's shop which are missing we will only need 2k in points for a top level redemption which we will save for Christmas. These points have been accumulated since the sdm added the points for the November redemption...yippee... Last year we did 3x 95k redemptions and 1x 50K redemption, we aiming for 5x 95k redemptions now that we have the system down with point offers, coupons, etc.

Wishing everyone a great day
    The freezing rain has just started here. They called it a snow day this morning so no worries about kids getting home etc. But we do have a hockey game in the town next to us. I'm sure it will happen. We only cancel hockey for tornados!
    @jasperandchar - Did you stock up on the Barila Pronto pasta? If so have you tried it? We don't know what to thing about it, no boil etc. I have grabed about 8 boxes at .25 cents each. We will try and if we don't like will donate it. Regardless I will grab more for the food bank.
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    We only cancel hockey for tornados!

Just not motivated. Trying to find some! I have no pressing matters, but nothing I have to do or want to do. Just the coulds and shoulds...

Maybe I will post a few items for sale. I am also going to try to make a new soup for dinner, it is a bean soup mix that I bought at an artisan show in the fall.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post

Just not motivated. Trying to find some! I have no pressing matters, but nothing I have to do or want to do. Just the coulds and shoulds...

Maybe I will post a few items for sale. I am also going to try to make a new soup for dinner, it is a bean soup mix that I bought at an artisan show in the fall.
    I can't tell you how many snowstorms/white outs/freezing rain / school closed/town shut down that I have had to get in my car and travel hours through for a hockey game. At the time my DS was only about 9!!!! Damn Rep. hockey and not letting the team down because mama is a wimp!
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked up my prescription from Sobeys today and learned that only one regular staff member remains. The person who ran through my transaction messed up and redeemed $20 in Air Miles and then I paid the rest with my new $100gc. I was informed that our regular pharmacist had her baby premature at only 5 months. I forgot to ask if it was a boy or a girl. The baby weighs 1lb 13oz, healthy but the lungs are quite underdeveloped. Their family could use some prayers.

I spent $17 on groceries, used 50% off Green Giant frozen veggies personal Air Miles offer, $1 coupon and $1 CO51. I also did the survey on my DQ receipt from Sunday. I had to request the receipt, but they survey gave me a code for a free Dilly Bar to redeem for in the next 30 days.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Feb 8th, 2017 at 10:13 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well watched ashlyn today -so nice when my son gets in at 3.40 then hubby picks me up at 4.10
    -we painted ,used the smelly sticker book I got her from Melissa n doug and I made a small tent out of a blanket -fun day
    -I also watched lady gaga performance from the superbowl on youtube and ashlyn and I danced to it
    -I am having a friend drop in -she is going to give me a small bit of coconut oil in a jar -do any of you ladies use it and for what ?? also she is bringing me pure cherry juice its good for joint pain I have heard

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information