User Tag List

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$3 sold from a newly posted item.
    Ciel, coupon girl, Granger and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think I'm at that point in the wee hours of the morning where I'm wondering why anyone has a second child. Baby screams, three-year-old wakes and cries, settle three-year-old by feeding baby, baby screams. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. DH swears he's going bonkers because he has to drive two hours in bad weather. Baby screams, and the cycle continues.

Here I am, pleased as punch that I was able to have a good day with the both of them and get dinner on the table at a reasonable hour.

I have to admit that our second was not the crier that our first was. Goodness, like night and day! Our first would cry until she went hoarse, then the most heartbreakingly horrible croaky cry after that. When we had her, we thought she was perfect, but I'm counting my blessings that she is unique. Ha ha! I think her behaviour may be getting worse because of the increased competition for parental attention. Argh! I think she's also learned emotional blackmail from the other kids at daycare. She's learned to tell me that she'll no longer be my best friend and Daddy will be her best friend and vice-versa, among other things. For the most part, we ignore it, but she can really pour it on some days!

I think I'm just trying to wait it out until things settle and the two of them get to sleep without me having to get out of bed. It might not happen, so I'm going to try to get some zzz's in before the next round of tearful wails fill our home. Oh dear.

In financial news, DH's company will no longer reimburse his entire company cell phone bill. I'm annoyed. This adds another $120 fee minimum annually on our bills. DH has already tried calling the provider for a rate reduction, but we will still have to pay this $120 out of pocket. Whoever heard of a company that requires employees to have cell phones but not cover the costs?!? I try to tell myself that $10 a month is a good price to pay to have a cell phone for driving such long distances and emergencies. DH said it's covered by his annual bonus, but I'm annoyed that it's a taxable amount so it's not what he thinks it is, whereas a cell phone is completely after-tax money.

On the bright side, we found a law office that will notarize our baby's affidavit for her birth certificate for free. Some places want $50 + HST to witness a signature, which is crazy! Unfortunately, we will have to pay for street parking on a weekday.
    @jasperandchar : I am also truly excited about tax season and forms. I'm not really sure how two children change things, but I hope I can remember to do all the forms properly.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**hug** Sweet Sparrow

The company your husband works for shocks me.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Monday and Tuesday the twins slept horribly. Last night was the best night's sleep that I've had in at least a week, even Dh got a good amount of sleep. The twins got up at 6am, and our son got up at 6:30am. He ate breakfast and was dressed for school before 7am. I put a load of towels in the dryer. I had the twins in their high chairs to eat breakfast while their older brother and I baked monster cookie squares. The squares are cooling in the kitchen. Dh got up at 8am and commented how good the house smelled.

Today is the last cold day in the 10 day forecast. They are forecasting temps around melting for the rest of the forecast. I'm looking forward to the warm weather and plan on spending lots of time outside with the kids. If it melts too much, or is more ice than snow, then I'll take the twins in the stroller instead of the sled when we pick big brother up from school. This will get us fresh air, exercise, and save the money from not using my van. The garbage truck knocked more twigs off the nighbour's tree, so I've been keep them to use as snowman arms.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Have a bunch of requests for my items so hopefully I will reach my goal of $100 cash in hand by the end of the weekend. Will be hard since I am busy from now till Saturday evening so will have to arrange pick ups for Sunday or quickly when I am done work.

Packed DS another fabulous lunch! Well I think so lol. Healthy! And cheap! I have one fried egg and 1 English muffin left for his breakfast tomorrow. I planned that right!
    Dinner tonight- Leftovers from last night. With a ceaser salad. DS thought it was a "beautiful feast" last night when he saw his plate so let hope he thinks so again tonight. Then off to a hockey game to hopefully kick butt!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ sweet sparrow I feel your pain. I'm glad that our children are getting older, but they still get up at night. If I'm not quick enough getting one crying twin, it wakes the other twin. Sometimes putting one twin in their crib will wake the twin that was sleeping in the other crib. Each child is certainly unique.

As for taxes, I'm not sure what our taxes are going to look like for the 2016 year. I didn't earn very much money, so I might be considered a dependent of dh's. With the changes that Trudeau made to the baby cheques, it is to my benefit. It's good that it is not considered a taxable income, and I receive more money each month than I did previously because it is based on my household income and family size.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Feb 9th, 2017 at 10:46 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Taxes- I am a little excited too for tax time. I put a crap load in my RRSP last year. But we lost stuff for the kids- No more Sport benefit etc. We will see!
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    @coupon girl I wish you live close to me as I have a huge Rubbermaid bin of clothes my son used when he was a baby. I even have brand new bibs from Walmart that never got used. I don't have the patience (and luck) to post them online to sell. I am waiting for anyone that I can possibly give them the clothes but all the news I'm getting right now are people getting divorced not pregnant. Well, my son is turning 8 in a few months and at some point I am going to get rid of his baby clothes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Might there be a young mother's shelter or support program for young parents that would be willing to take your son's clothing? Not sure about any daycare school program but there must be a community program that could put the clothing in a parent's hands if money is tight. School board foundations take money for youth needs when students in need access clothing or other items through teachers. Not sure how young parents are covered for needs through the foundations.
    JadeAngel and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

jadeangel, that was so nice of you ,but I have a very thrifty daughter -he son has just a few drawers of clothing as she wishes plus does the laundry every 2 days for him-I am so proud of her they are taking an overnight family trip with Sebastian and its going to be 7 or 8 degrees sat so they are taking him snowshoeing with them in his pouch _back thing (whatever its called) lol
    -just popped over to Canadian tire for a return for hubby then got a few clearance deals at winners -I am eating probiotic greek bites right now after I had my homemade soup -yummmm

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I think I'm at that point in the wee hours of the morning where I'm wondering why anyone has a second child. Baby screams, three-year-old wakes and cries, settle three-year-old by feeding baby, baby screams. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. DH swears he's going bonkers because he has to drive two hours in bad weather. Baby screams, and the cycle continues.

Here I am, pleased as punch that I was able to have a good day with the both of them and get dinner on the table at a reasonable hour.

I have to admit that our second was not the crier that our first was. Goodness, like night and day! Our first would cry until she went hoarse, then the most heartbreakingly horrible croaky cry after that. When we had her, we thought she was perfect, but I'm counting my blessings that she is unique. Ha ha! I think her behaviour may be getting worse because of the increased competition for parental attention. Argh! I think she's also learned emotional blackmail from the other kids at daycare. She's learned to tell me that she'll no longer be my best friend and Daddy will be her best friend and vice-versa, among other things. For the most part, we ignore it, but she can really pour it on some days!

I think I'm just trying to wait it out until things settle and the two of them get to sleep without me having to get out of bed. It might not happen, so I'm going to try to get some zzz's in before the next round of tearful wails fill our home. Oh dear.

In financial news, DH's company will no longer reimburse his entire company cell phone bill. I'm annoyed. This adds another $120 fee minimum annually on our bills. DH has already tried calling the provider for a rate reduction, but we will still have to pay this $120 out of pocket. Whoever heard of a company that requires employees to have cell phones but not cover the costs?!? I try to tell myself that $10 a month is a good price to pay to have a cell phone for driving such long distances and emergencies. DH said it's covered by his annual bonus, but I'm annoyed that it's a taxable amount so it's not what he thinks it is, whereas a cell phone is completely after-tax money.

On the bright side, we found a law office that will notarize our baby's affidavit for her birth certificate for free. Some places want $50 + HST to witness a signature, which is crazy! Unfortunately, we will have to pay for street parking on a weekday.
    @jasperandchar : I am also truly excited about tax season and forms. I'm not really sure how two children change things, but I hope I can remember to do all the forms properly.
    oh hun, all I can say is that it does get better in time.

It's amazing how sleep depravation affects people, sleep while you can.

As for the cellphone and other reimbursements the company is not repaying, can you dh claim them as expenses on his taxes. I know it's not reimbursed at 100% but atleast he could get some of his business expenses back, hopefully.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

Supper for the kiddos is pizza and shrimp pasta for the adults.....slurp.

I'm hoping the shrimp go on sale soon as I'm down to my last 2 bags

I noticed that Barilla pronto is on sale in the next set of FreshCo flyers for .99 cents so I will get some more as the coupons I believe expire at the end of the month.

Apparently there is a new barilla pasta coupon out, anyone know if it's reg or barilla and expiry date, thank you

I went to the inlaws this am to use their scanner as I needed to scan the bill of sale agreement for the car we purchased. I'm looking forward to their response, hopefully this whole mess gets resolved soon.

Wishing everyone a great evening.

2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have had a lazy jammie day today! At least I edited DD's English paper before she went to school. I have been tired with a cold and jet lag since I returned last week, but I have worked 3 days caring for little ones. Have some paper work etc to get caught up on. I have some leftover chicken so will figure out some type of dish to whip up with that for supper. We are finally warming up a bit after lots of cold and snow.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It has continued to be a productive day. Our twins fell to sleep for their nap at 10am, apparently those 4hrs were very tiring. During that quiet time I accomplished some important stuff on my computer. I did some government paperwork. I used my app to submit my massage receipt to dh's medical coverage. I also purged a bunch of unneeded receipts and expired fast Food coupons from my purse. I folded and put away 2 loads of laundry. I started washing some of the kitchen walls and the outside of the fridge. Our son has skating class this evening. Then we'll all head over to the Family Centre to celebrate their 15th birthday. All of our kids are asleep for their naps, so I'm watching a show and doing a few random things in the living room.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Feb 9th, 2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Spent time at the 30% off women's clothing sale at Value Village yestarday and at the end, bought 3 tops (2 shirts, one short sleeve knit) and slightly blingy zip up black knit cardigan for $17.35. I am pleased that I tried two items in the store to verify fit and sleeve length. I had seen a floral print Jones NewYork poly shirt with front sash-it looked beautiful on hanger but on me, the waist is too high and the sash was a bother. Best floral item I've seen to date in the store ($12.99). There was a copper taffeta uneven front wrap (Melanie Lyne) with one button and long sashes for double winding then tying in front-the waist again was too high (hugging my ribs). Checked the mirror and realized the colour does not suit but I did like the lower double tiered bell sleeves. So there was no point in having the item as a future dressy event item.
    I did see a fuzzy purple pullover sweater without a brand tag and thought it was a wool or wool blend but it looked shrunken for a Large size. Did not find any UniqloxIDLF scalloped edge knit tops from Fall 2016, so that quest will continue.

Healthy Request soups are 2 for $5 in the Fortinos flyer. Will see if there is a soup without tomato paste in it-the two I had purchased at Shoppers both had strong tomato and seasoning flavours-not a fan. They were the Fiesta Vegetables with black beans and quinoa plus the Vegetable with Beef and black-eyed peas. I have an expiring 200 PC Plus pts offer for every $1 spent on magazines and newspapers-if the new First for Women issue is in stock, I'll get it or just let the offer go. Glad other SCers are spotting which grocers carry the new Quaker Super Grains or Steel Cut oatmeal varieties-Longos does not have them on their shelves (checked yesterday). Sobeys shows them in the flyer that begins tomorrow.

I got another 35 ct Lysol wipes container at Longos and use one wipe each day to wipe the laminated wood dining room table.There are housekeeping issues plus one parent with ongoing coughs/sneezes for a couple of months. I'm ready to delegate floor sweeping to a non-existent Roomba robot. The odd time I'll use the hand vac to quickly deal with the floor a around the table.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Packed DS another fabulous lunch! Well I think so lol. Healthy! And cheap! I have one fried egg and 1 English muffin left for his breakfast tomorrow. I planned that right!
    Dinner tonight- Leftovers from last night. With a ceaser salad. DS thought it was a "beautiful feast" last night when he saw his plate so let hope he thinks so again tonight. Then off to a hockey game to hopefully kick butt!
    Me too reading about your posts usually make me hungry and want to move in. lol
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information