User Tag List

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    If I don't have leftovers what would I put in my crockpot to make a nice chicken broth? I can't seem to find the fine egg noodles that my mother used to buy in stores. Has anyone seen those noodles? I think Lancia used to make them.
    Will see what the name on the white/clear bags with blue lettering says on the noodle package (smaller package maybe 454g) at home. Mom uses fine noodles for her soups so I know which ones you are referring to. Have not had Lancia in the house for years.

I made cream of carrot soup yesterday to use up the bag of carrots purchased-very happy to have it on hand.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -so sorry to hear of your injuries and fall! Pineapple if you have any canned or fresh version on hand, will help with bruising and clotting. Topical magnesium gel (not on broken or cut skin) will also help your bruises to heal.
    @SassyAshley and @jasperandchar -some weeks' offers that I receive are based on what I purchased the previous week. But this month I did have some lettuce offers that I don't use crop up in my account. It reminded me how in the first year it was not odd to get 5 or 6 lettuce offers even though I was not buying the produce. I think some produce offers may be triggered by reduced produce items (though they do not scan by type on the receipt). I am also getting some cleaning or personal care item offers that I never use. Occasionally the store flyer has PC Plus offers but in-store, it's random finding an offer lined up with what I am buying.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@saundyl -I received the e-mail saying that my account has to have a new password (took care of it last month but kept getting reminders to still change it). I guess PC Plus is trying to make customers more aware to update their passwords more often. However, there does not seem to be news on how the points hacking is occurring-through terminal or scan updates or links to PC Plus database and some kind of program that pinpoints the high balance points accounts?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am starting to feel better, I think it was just a common cold. Not fun was the 30 minutes in the MIR today. My nose was runny and my head stuffed so head 1st in an MIR was brutal.
    Barbs: strep is not fun. I still get it at almost 50 so fingers crossed I missed it.
    Had a great SDM trip on the weekend. I accidentally spent 50.00 and I had no idea it was a 20x event. I spent 50.02. The cashier was very impressed and thought I had planned it. Since usually I miss out by pennies this was a nice surprise.
    50.02 is impressive!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hey ladies -dealing with a lot in my life and then today fell going into my son's house at 7.00 a.m this morning-bruised my arm very bad my knee is scrapped and hit the steel door with my cheek bone under my eye -lord I look awful -I had a hot bath just now hope I don't feel so bad on Wednesday -I feel I will
    Sorry to hear about your fall. How are you feeling today?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday I finally got my haircut to use my gift card and tip the balance to the stylist. It was my first time using the card-scanned by employee and watching the terminal screen for prompts. There is a tip field that comes up after service charge.
    Also purchased a third stamp-happen to find one empty can to give that last 10 cents needed for stamp purchase!

Today I had $1.20 in containers-money went to my March bank fee.

Since yesterday, I've had a strange but strong headache. The topical gel quashed most of the pain except over left temple/eye. I'm not sure if I am reacting to the atmospheric pressure changes, having a food reaction or reacting to a new shampoo used to wash my haircut after my visit to the salon. Could not sleep. I did not take ibuprofen because this swirling up and down and across headache does not get relief from tablets. Even lying down, it took a long time to get a little relief. I made sure to drink some water with sugar and salt and have an apple in case dehydration was an issue. Even ate rice crackers-did nothing for relief.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We brought dh's truck in on Monday night to get an oil change, tires and breaks. The good news is that new only need the break pads which saves us $200.

BUT THEN.....drum roll....the poor mechanic he's very honest kept saying well.... gave me the news... then... and then I found.

ACK....it seems you can't get ahead when you own vehicles. Thankfully dh has been driving the car most days with the exceptions being freezing rain/snow storms.

Anyways I think we will leave the repairs to the above and deal with the others once the time comes. There is a weird noise which we suspected was coming from the engine and well the mechanic thinks so. It could be a loose flap which is minor or a whole new motor $2K to $3K plus the labour . And some of the other repairs that need to be done, quite simply it doesn't seem feasible to sink $5k into the old beast (2005).

Dh and I were already talking on the weekend about replacing the truck in 1 to 2 years but I guess we might have to be more realistic and go 1 year.....eek....the joys of life (sarcasm).

Dh has all his income tax paperwork, I still need 2
    @Frugalbigmama here's the pogo recipe.

The batter needs to be like a thin pancake batter, I've added the extra milk in the recipe so it's accurate.

1 cup of cornmeal or corn flour (I use cornmeal)
    1 cup white flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    - pinch of black pepper
    2 tbsp. of white sugar
    4 tsp baking powde
    1 egg
    1 1/4 cup of milk

This recipe makes 18 to 20 pogos. You can 1/2 the recipe and make 12 pogos.

Cook for approx. 3 minutes or until golden brown

****These freeze really well***just pop back into the oil to crisp up.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Yesterday I finally got my haircut to use my gift card and tip the balance to the stylist. It was my first time using the card-scanned by employee and watching the terminal screen for prompts. There is a tip field that comes up after service charge.
    Also purchased a third stamp-happen to find one empty can to give that last 10 cents needed for stamp purchase!

Today I had $1.20 in containers-money went to my March bank fee.

Since yesterday, I've had a strange but strong headache. The topical gel quashed most of the pain except over left temple/eye. I'm not sure if I am reacting to the atmospheric pressure changes, having a food reaction or reacting to a new shampoo used to wash my haircut after my visit to the salon. Could not sleep. I did not take ibuprofen because this swirling up and down and across headache does not get relief from tablets. Even lying down, it took a long time to get a little relief. I made sure to drink some water with sugar and salt and have an apple in case dehydration was an issue. Even ate rice crackers-did nothing for relief.
    Hope your headache goes away and you get some rest
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl I hope you are taking it easy when you're not watching Ashlyn.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Never a dull moment with all of us. I hope broken arms are healed quickly, babies sleep better, sickness disappears...

My grandmother (paternal) died a week ago yesterday. Her funeral is tomorrow so I am taking the day off of work. She suffered from Alzheimer's for 8 years and is now free from the confines of her mind. While we are all adjusting (and trying to limit the family drama as there has been some), I am at peace with it.

I need to update our budget. We seem to be doing well sticking to it. It is amazing how big of a difference three days in a month makes for both time and money. The former not enough and the latter able to stretch a little further.

...cont next post for ease of reading!!! I wrote more than I planned. #teachers!
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Feb 22nd, 2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: I wrote more than expected and am deleting a duplicate picture!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My middle daughter will be turning 5 at the start of March. We do one big birthday party a year for family. Though we have cake and ice cream for each daughter's birthday on their day, and those who wish and are able to make it are welcome, once a year we do an event that is planned and with a meal. It is Addisyn's turn. We are doing a 5-7pm party on her actual day because the weekends surrounding have other family milestones already scheduled this year.

She is having a She-Ra themed party for her new favourite Netflix show. I think we will grill hamburgers for food. I plan on hiding toy coins or gems for a treasure hunt. Kids will find them to earn a chance to whack the evil Hordak (a piñata). lol. And there's the loot bag. I like to keep it simple, but also fun. Other than that, cake, conversation and gifts will fill the time.

All this to share my latest buys. Not steals but...
    $14 homemade She-Ra mask from Etsy (Canadian maker) - price includes tax and shipping
    $10 She-Ra book from Amazon (Canadian book company) - private seller so had to pay for shipping but price includes tax and shipping

$20 Trolls DVD (Amazon) ordered with
    $26 iPad Case (Amazon) for free shipping - we have needed a case for a while and I have been waiting for another purchase...our old iPad looks new!

So those are cutie pies gifts less the iPad case. She is going to go nuts. We haven't seen Trolls and she has been eager to see it. She was scouring the school library for She-Ra books only to be disappointed. I think we will give her the mask unwrapped at party time (the others wrapped for the party) so she can welcome her guests as the Princess of Power.

In case you aren't familiar with She-Ra, 80s vintage cartoon, He-Man's twin sister...
    Name:  rsz_2312968-he_man___she_ra.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  26.2 KB

DH really likes vintage cartoons and the girls love their daddy!
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Feb 22nd, 2017 at 04:15 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just received my Sobeys flyer and they have a big one day Air Miles sale on Friday, there is a bonus coupon for 125AM wub $100. I fully plan on going, I'm hoping to avoid going to the store until then.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    My middle daughter will be turning 5 at the start of March. We do one big birthday party a year for family. Though we have cake and ice cream for each daughter's birthday on their day, and those who wish and are able to make it are welcome, once a year we do an event that is planned and with a meal. It is Addisyn's turn. We are doing a 5-7pm party on her actual day because the weekends surrounding have other family milestones already scheduled this year.

She is having a She-Ra themed party for her new favourite Netflix show. I think we will grill hamburgers for food. I plan on hiding toy coins or gems for a treasure hunt. Kids will find them to earn a chance to whack the evil Hordak (a piñata). lol. And there's the loot bag. I like to keep it simple, but also fun. Other than that, cake, conversation and gifts will fill the time.

All this to share my latest buys. Not steals but...
    $14 homemade She-Ra mask from Etsy (Canadian maker) - price includes tax and shipping
    $10 She-Ra book from Amazon (Canadian book company) - private seller so had to pay for shipping but price includes tax and shipping

$20 Trolls DVD (Amazon) ordered with
    $26 iPad Case (Amazon) for free shipping - we have needed a case for a while and I have been waiting for another purchase...our old iPad looks new!

So those are cutie pies gifts less the iPad case. She is going to go nuts. We haven't seen Trolls and she has been eager to see it. She was scouring the school library for She-Ra books only to be disappointed. I think we will give her the mask unwrapped at party time (the others wrapped for the party) so she can welcome her guests as the Princess of Power.

In case you aren't familiar with She-Ra, 80s vintage cartoon, He-Man's twin sister...
    Name:  rsz_2312968-he_man___she_ra.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  26.2 KB

DH really likes vintage cartoons and the girls love their daddy!
    Seriously, She-ra! She was my childhood! My brothers have He-Man and I have She-ra! My cousins have the Grayskull Castle and it was always a riot when everyone had their own characters together. My brothers still have all their He-Man toys.
    @Granger - That is going to be one awesome party!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, Granger and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Granger -sorry to read of your grandmother's passing.
    About She-Ra, my first thought who is that in 2017? And when you mentioned He-Man- well another series having another kick at fame! Used to watch He-Man on tv...
    @Barbi s -I was certain La Molinsana pasta (white/clear pkg line) did fine noodles but the line has noodle nests.
    http://www.molisana.com/shop/egg-pas...l#.WK4fG9IrIy4
    I found an open package of Fritsch egg noodles 454g-should be able to find it at Food Basics (likely the International Foods aisle as it's a product of Austria)-that will suit your soup needs.
    @jasperandchar -the truck may be worth investing the motor money if the model year still has good things about it compared to other model years. Though since you have another Dodge product, you may wish for DH to consider a truck that you'd feel comfortable driving too if replacing the truck is in the cards (but not at the expense of your dream vacation to China). Dodge trucks tend to look rather huge. What about a GMC crew cab?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Offered to take kids out for dinner. They both just wanted to just come home. So I tossed a box of blue menu chicken strips in oven ($5 and received 1000 pc pts. Reg $9.99) tossed last night's rice in a pan with an egg, bit of chicken that was chopped for wraps and peas. Found a pack of bacon and cooked few slices. Made ceaser salad. Dinner done! Clean kitchen quick now and put on dishwasher since it is finally full.

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information