User Tag List

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Granger sorry for your loss.

Saundly I had the exact same moment with Mom a few years ago, there were a lot of it could be this or that and when they finally said pneumonia it was like okay that is good, not good she is sick but way better then most of the other options you gave.
    I felt bad for being ok with him being sick but youre right its waaaay better than his other options.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Never a dull moment with all of us. I hope broken arms are healed quickly, babies sleep better, sickness disappears...

My grandmother (paternal) died a week ago yesterday. Her funeral is tomorrow so I am taking the day off of work. She suffered from Alzheimer's for 8 years and is now free from the confines of her mind. While we are all adjusting (and trying to limit the family drama as there has been some), I am at peace with it.

I need to update our budget. We seem to be doing well sticking to it. It is amazing how big of a difference three days in a month makes for both time and money. The former not enough and the latter able to stretch a little further.

...cont next post for ease of reading!!! I wrote more than I planned. #teachers!
    Im so sorry for your loss.

JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama -if you have snow, you probably still have ice somewhere. Harbourfront cancelled its ice rink time because the weather is too warm. Overcast or sunny in Ancaster today-warm enough to open windows for 30min. Wind will get colder tonight and temps will drop off too. Good to read that teens like to just come home after school!
    @jasperandchar -glad you know when not to go out and under what circumstances. Send a card if that is possible.

Yesterday I did find 4 McCafe stickers but lost 2 of them. I was able to redeem my bevvie card for that hot chocolate (made better by walking in light fog last night) and had a chance to read the Toronto Sun too. Today, I will pick up a few items from Food Basics or Fortinos as tomorrow is forecast to be wet.

Saw another sewing pattern for spring dresses that McCalls tweeted. Temptation! I like the sleeve and length variations-here is M7566: https://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m7566
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Spring weather puts me in a shopping mood! Thong Thursday lol I think it was La Sensa. $4 each. $9 flat shipping charge. Last time I checked thong undies are pretty light! I could have been lured in with free shipping but I will pass. I need new everything!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks jasperandchar I try ever day, but often don't manage to get as much done as I'd hope. Unfortunately our Sobeys didn't have any Fruit To Go in stock, I still got a rain check in case they get it in within the next few months. They tell me that their rain checks never expire, contrary to what the rain check says.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saw in the new Longos flyer that the Spring issue of their Experience magazine is available. Took a look at their website and the recipes from Spring 2017 are posted (yay!) and double-yay that all of the 2016 issues are now online (finally). If anyone is still using their bbq, check out the Summer 2016 issue-watermelon pizza dessert recipe-for grilling ideas.

http://www.longos.com/Recipes/Magazines.aspx

Happily Fortinos has the Blue Menu sparkling water on sale still and I had a 600 PC Plus pts offer on my card so I bought one case, along with reduced price apples and raspberry filled Paczki (doughnuts). Went to Food Basics for one package of Juicy Jumbos and headed for home.

Noticed in the flyer bundle that Mastermind Toys has a doorhanger insert-top part is good for free Teeny Ty toy from the Ancaster, Cambridge or Guelph stores while supplies last Feb. 23-26 (a second portion is a $5 off coupon on regular priced merchandise excluding a few brands). The Winter coupon insert booklet with Save.ca on the cover-there is a Nova Sewing ad with a 10% off sewing machine tune-up coupon good until mid-March. I do not know what tune-ups start at and I'm certain the more electronic the sewing machine model, the higher the cost.

I washed my flannel bedding and have it in the dryer right now. Feeling restless tonight with pop cravings (am surprised as I had a substantial dinner with protein) so will have to take an apple to settle the carbohydrate brain.

Sobeys has the Manitoba Harvest hemp seeds (orange bag) on sale for $5.99 starting tomorrow; Fortino's has the same sale. Since I checked the Denningers flyer date, I still have a few days left to return to its store and get the hemp bites also on sale for $5.99. The little squares will make for protein snacks on the go and there will be no need for spoons or bowls. Will check ingredient list to see if the squares can be enjoyed by Mom during Lent (starts on Monday for Orthodox Christians or Wednesday for Gregorian calendar Christians). We don't have Shrove (Pancake) Tuesday at home but I know there are many church groups that do a Pancake breakfast on the weekend or have some Tuesday event featuring pancakes.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

My dad's family is not tight knit. There are siblings that don't get a long and family members that do not speak. My sister was married this summer. She chose not to invite some relatives due to hurt, perpetuating more and new hurt...etc.

No one fought, no one left in a huff. There were some awkward moments, but it went okay. It was a private graveside committal. We have the Celebration of Life at a later date due to family that are travelling.

I will probably take my kids to the gravesite privately and say my goodbyes alone and drama free, as it should be, but impossible with that crew. I don't hold grudges and choose to let things go, it is not the case for everyone. I found I was thinking about the uncomfort of everyone rather than grandma and will need a do over without the distractions.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Feb 23rd, 2017 at 09:48 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Picked up some clothes on facebook. Ive lost weight and am still loosing with some of my treatments so i don't want to buy new and then spend even more. I got 2 pairs of pants 3 tops and a pair of shorts (hopeful thinking i know ) for $50. It feels weird to have pants that really fit! I got a pair if jeans over the weekend as well for $3.

I hate waiting for papers to come for taxes! We have everything but one thing and i swear its taking forever since some things we recieved the last week of January. I have loan payments i plan to knock completely off our plate with my income tax and a 2nd hand couch set. (Ok not saving much this year but i should put some aside )

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Granger : I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I'm impressed by Addisyn's choice. I had She-Ra and Glimmer dolls as a child. I remember going to my friend's who had Catra and Bow, along with He-Man's fighting cat (anyone remember the name?)... I feel old.
    @coupon girl : I hope you feel better from your fall soon.

Our newborn, now nearly three months is suffering her first cold. Poor thing is struggling to breathe through the night but is facing it like a trooper. She is a bit louder in her cries and it doesn't take her long for full volume, so I'm hoping she'll be well soon.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow hope your little one feels better
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! It is raining here now. Good bye snow. Hello dog poop!

We are having date night tonight- but not too much wine or crazy late. We want to head to Costco in the morning and be back to town by 430.
    I didn't buy much this week for groceries and it forced us to use up the fruit we had (apples/clementines and oranges) I wasn't able to buy the strawberries at FB- the ones they had leftover were not nice. Oh well as I said it made us use up what we had so I'm happy about that. Will give the fridge a good clean out tonight while we make dinner. Then I will see what we need to use up and plan accordingly.
    Have a great day and weekend everyone!
    Angela273, JadeAngel and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just received a call back from Danone regarding their Activia contest that just ended on February 20. I had a $1 off coupon that I could print from the contest, but I couldn't find when I needed to print it by. I tried to print it on Monday evening, but discovered that the contest had already ended, so my account and coupon was gone. I called Activia to tell them and just received the call back today. The lady informed me that it was my own fault for not printing the coupons before the contest ended. After asking her several questions, I finally found out that their contest had ended at noon on Monday. You can consider me to be an unsatisfied customer. They wouldn't even mail out a coupon since I was unable to print the contest coupon in time. What a waste of my time. I routinely buy Activia yogourt, but I might avoid it and buy the cheaper kind for a while.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Feb 24th, 2017 at 12:31 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Shopped for work and received 19,280 in SDM points! I sure will miss this when I retire

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I wasn't able to buy the strawberries at FB- the ones they had leftover were not nice.
    Sorry to hear that as I spent an extra $7 there that I didn't plan on. I was going to use my berry coupons but they didn't have the right brand. I picked up the strawberries anyways as they smelled so fragrant and pleased that I did. The raspberries were terrific as well. Sweetest I've had all season!

We are throwing away too much food. It's mainly DH's work schedule. His work sometimes buys him lunch so he won't eat his own and he'll have cereal for dinner because lunch was too heavy. Or he'll skip much because he was too busy. I never used to budget the money for meals but I think I will begin restricting what I bring home because we really need to clean out the freezer.

Must nap.... The older one has been very tiring. Thank goodness the newborn is less exhausting.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Ciel that pattern is beautiful
    @saundyl congrats on the weight loss
    @sweet sparrow I hope your little one feels better soon, if you venture out, check if the pharmacy has kamfer (spelling unsure) it smells like vicks but you don't rub on babies you pin it to their clothing. My grandma used to do this to us when we were little. Hope she feels better soon.
    @Frugalbigmama free points, that's awesome.

Ds2 is home today, he didn't want to go skiing with his class.

The inlaws took me out this am for groceries which were well over due but I didn't want to advance funds in my budget so I stuck it out....glad I did, everyone survived and didn't starve (haha)

We went to Independentt grocers, SDM (21k in points), GT.

And then they were kind enough to stop at our accountants office for me to drop off our income tax papers SO NOW I WAIT (HAHA)

So we are stocked back up on the essentials, now just to get good deals on meat stock up and we'll be set.

So I called my mom and told her we wouldn't be going to her restaurant party, she is/was disappointed but understands reluctantly. She wanted me to go there and watch everyone eat and have a coffee.....really.......anyways, we are not going.

Wishing everyone a great weekend
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information