User Tag List

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Ciel that pattern is beautiful
    @saundyl congrats on the weight loss
    @sweet sparrow I hope your little one feels better soon, if you venture out, check if the pharmacy has kamfer (spelling unsure) it smells like vicks but you don't rub on babies you pin it to their clothing. My grandma used to do this to us when we were little. Hope she feels better soon.
    @Frugalbigmama free points, that's awesome.

Ds2 is home today, he didn't want to go skiing with his class.

The inlaws took me out this am for groceries which were well over due but I didn't want to advance funds in my budget so I stuck it out....glad I did, everyone survived and didn't starve (haha)

We went to Independentt grocers, SDM (21k in points), GT.

And then they were kind enough to stop at our accountants office for me to drop off our income tax papers SO NOW I WAIT (HAHA)

So we are stocked back up on the essentials, now just to get good deals on meat stock up and we'll be set.

So I called my mom and told her we wouldn't be going to her restaurant party, she is/was disappointed but understands reluctantly. She wanted me to go there and watch everyone eat and have a coffee.....really.......anyways, we are not going.

Wishing everyone a great weekend
    Taxes in already lol. You sound like my sister so has her stuff in and has to wait till net-filing opens for the season lol.

I did print off some receipts today and took my T4 today and put it in my tax envelope. I thought the sport tax credit was gone but I read that they reduced it back to $500 last year and it is gone for 2017. Oh well at least it is something.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

granger -sorry about your grandmother
    -sweetsparrow -ahh a little one sick its hard when they are young

-well an unexpected buy here and that is why we save I sat aside 300.00 last month -needed a new hard drive console (I cant be without my computer that's for sure)
    took my brother to freshco today haven seen him in about a month -dealt with a problem on the way there it was foggy -don't care to get into it but it was another problem to deal with besides my fall this week -I cant wait til sunday and we can celebrate my son s birthday with my daughter and her hubby and Ashlyn and Sebastian -only spent 80.00 some odd today between freshco and giant tiger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Taxes in already lol. You sound like my sister so has her stuff in and has to wait till net-filing opens for the season lol.

I did print off some receipts today and took my T4 today and put it in my tax envelope. I thought the sport tax credit was gone but I read that they reduced it back to $500 last year and it is gone for 2017. Oh well at least it is something.
    People are already filing online, am I missing something?

Someone on SC posted they filed this afternoon, got an email 1 minute later saying assessed and refund by March 6th.
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Someone on SC posted they filed this afternoon, got an email 1 minute later saying assessed and refund by March 6th.
    I just meant she is early every year and waiting for it to be filed.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Granger: I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I'm impressed by Addisyn's choice. I had She-Ra and Glimmer dolls as a child. I remember going to my friend's who had Catra and Bow, along with He-Man's fighting cat (anyone remember the name?)... I feel old.
    @coupon girl: I hope you feel better from your fall soon.

Our newborn, now nearly three months is suffering her first cold. Poor thing is struggling to breathe through the night but is facing it like a trooper. She is a bit louder in her cries and it doesn't take her long for full volume, so I'm hoping she'll be well soon.
    Battle Cat!

I always take a bit of time to get organized! I think if I file in March I am doing great!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Netfile opened on the 20th

Ps thank you for the congratulations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Busy day today. Dr apt today then shopping for the new house.

We picked out flooring and requested a quote to install because bf being sick.

We looked at paint but havent purchased yet. We picked up 3 taps....from the clearance sale at home hardware. A couple motion detection light switches (our boys are bad for not turning off their bedroom lights and im tired of nagging) we will get some for the rec room as well.

We also picked up new vent covers for the old house that were on clearance. Going to paint and do a few upgrades/repairs before we advertise for sale. We bought a new vanity and sink to install in the bathroom...smaller than currently installed so the bathroom will look a bit bigger.

Picked up my new birth control. Surprised that the health insurance plan by our employers specifically says its not covered if its being used for birth control but oral and iuds are covered. I paid for it. Its still less expensive than girlie products N pain killers over the course of 3 months.

Drove by the new house and saw the sold sign is up!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I waited until Dh got home from work and left the kids at home with him while I went shopping at Sobeys. I was careful to park by the boulevard to try to protect my van. My total was $100.03 before my couple of FPCs were applied, so I qualified for the 125 bonus Air Miles coupon. My receipt says that I saved $34 with coupons and discounts. I scored a 2L eggnog icecream for $1. I also earned 315 Air Miles on the transaction. I had to get rain checks on a bunch of their big Air Miles offers that were one day only. Rain checks for pizza, Europe's Best frozen fruit (I have coupons too), sausage, and grated cheese or cheese strings. Dh was pretty impressed with my savings. Our deli has a bunch of refrigerated roast chickens from the day before for only $5, I didn't get any because we just had a roast chicken last weekend.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@sweet sparrow I hope your little one feels better soon, if you venture out, check if the pharmacy has kamfer (spelling unsure) it smells like vicks but you don't rub on babies you pin it to their clothing. My grandma used to do this to us when we were little. Hope she feels better soon.
    @jasperandchar : As soon as you mentioned it, I thought of camphor. I remember some mention of it in chemistry class.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Battle Cat!
    @Granger : Good memory! I was thinking of Cringer, the name before he transforms.

So, I've sent in the letter to the attending physician that her witness is required for our baby's birth certificate. The receptionist told me she doesn't normally fill out these forms. If she doesn't, we'll be on the hook for the full amount at the hospital and I'm sure it's not easy getting the money back even when a real birth certificate is produced. She asked who the request was from. Erm, ...the government...? I attached the letter and she put me on hold to search for it. I have a feeling my documents were bound for the recycle bin as after a 15 minute conversation, she finally said the fax was in her mailbox. I'll have to call back next week. If nothing, I may try a letter from my own doctor's and pay the fee. Argh.

I'm not sure how to set a budget for the month for food. I'm sure I'd be able to spend less than $75/week for our family of four on just food. However, the goal would be to spend less. Perhaps I'll try for $70, plus extra for stockpiling dry goods like rice and cereal.

QOTD: Does anyone budget extra for stockpiling?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday, everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow regarding budgeting for Stockpile items. These items not come out of our weekly budget.

A few years ago when we went through a hard time and really did not have a stockpile anymore we did have 2 separate budgets but now anything we want to purchase for the stockpile it has to come out of our weekly budget.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes my stockpile comes out of my weekly budget too-I noticed I am getting down on laundry soap so got a gain yesterday at shoppers I paid 2.99 after cpns & checkout51,also got tide pods 1.99 after the cpn and checkout51 so that's 2 added to my stockpile would you believe a few years back before I lost my job -I stockpiled 30 laundry soap all 1.99 or less but with my mom with us I had a bit more laundry then too -so I will eventually build back up a bit at a time along with checkout51 helping me
    -cleaning day today gotta dust ,wash floors still bruised I realize this may take awhile -went to shoppers last night thankfully I have plum eyeshadow as my left eye is shaded in purple a tiny bit

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just made homemade (my mom's recipe) potato soup -so yummy have 3 freezer bowls to freeze after I just had a bowl plus I got the 2 litre carton of homo milk (3%) at giant tiger reduced for 2.00 good til march3-lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm disappointed because I spent 2hrs trying to find clothes for me at our second hand stores. I tried on nearly 20 pairs of dress pants and jeans, but I ultimately left empty handed. I don't really have dress pants that fit me, so that's concerning when I'm hoping to have job interviews.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Our grocery budget covers food, toiletries/hygiene, dog food, stockpile, everything.

I wish I could do $75 a week, that would be awesome but we are big meat eaters so it's no do-able.

We budget $600 for everything for the month for 2 teenagers, 2 adults, 2 dogs and think we're doing well, I guess there's always room for improvement but for now I'm fine with it.

Wishing everyone a great day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information