User Tag List

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow hard to believe its February -well my life will change a little I will be babysitting ashlyn 3 days a week instead of 2 to help out my son-my son's job had some changes and he will lose some pay (he called me last night and said I wish you were only watching her a few days mom ,but I said I will help them out tue,wed, and Friday I will be babysitting -she goes to school in sept so I can do it for 7 months
    -when I got my haircut yesterday I was talking to my hairdresser -telling her I love to be there for my grown kids and she has a health problem in her family with her only son -her comment "you can only do so much "I just don't get that I decided to have 2 kids in life and I will always be there for them (my dear mom was there for us when hubby was laid off she had us for supper twice a week ,she watched my children when she could (I was a stay at home mom til my son was 4 )so didn't need her much til I started working part-time my mother-in-law on the other hand well wasn't too nice favoured my son over my daughter ,wasn't the best mother for my hubby etc
    -I just felt like telling my part today -thanks for listening ladies

-hope you don't mind jasper -I jumped in and posted the feb chatter
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Feb 1st, 2017 at 09:12 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS for something and noticed whole chickens were .99 LB. I couldn't leave without so grabbed 2 x 2pk. One in the fridge for rotisserie chicken Saturday night and the other in the freezer. I will make sure to pull the older ones out before the new 2pk.
    I had made 2 chickens 2 weeks ago. I pulled cooked chicken from the freezer last night and made the boys Quesidias for dinner and made extra for DS's lunch today. Will see if he enjoyed them and if so it will be something I will make more of. I made extra for the teen and put in fridge and he just heated up when hungry so something I will be making more of for sure.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Arrived home this aft and will try to post a pic or two of my travels later so you get a bit of the flavour! We had great weather in Antarctica and saw lots of wildlife-lots of nice stops in South America too-off to care for my friends little girl tomorrow.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Feb 3rd, 2017 at 06:17 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Welcome back Lizzie
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl thank for posting the new thread, I agree it's hard to believe it's February already. Ashlyn I'm sure will love having Nana around 1 extra day a week.
    @lizzie bargain welcome home, can't wait to see your pictures and hear about your travel adventures.

Good evening everyone,

Yesterday I painted ds2's bedroom door & the bathroom door, I've been wanting to add a new fresh coat of paint. Tomorrow I will ds'2 closet door and the closet door in the entryway. It's amazing what a coat of paint does

Supper tonight was shrimp pasta and it was yummy.

I've been pre-occupied lately and it needs to stop. I need positive distractions so I will tackle atleast 1 household project a day to lift my spirit and bring the shine back into the house.

The kids are off tomorrow as it's a PA day, so I will put youngest to work baking and oldest to removing the door knobs so I can paint.

If anyone sees a sale in the new set of flyers for Barilla pronto could you please let me know, thanks

Wishing everyone a great evening
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie welcome back
    -bought a few items on line today at the bay -for hubby plus a summer nightie(6.20 cant beat that price) for me and new pillowcases (another item that I am lacking -plus mine are all old too
    -supper tonight pasta for hubby ,fish and scalloped potatoes ,broccoli for me

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Arrived home this aft and will try to post a pic or two of my travels later so you get a bit of the flavour! We had great weather in Antarcita and saw lots of wildlife-lots of nice stops in South America too-off to care for my friends little girl tomorrow.
    Name:  IMG_0691.GIF
Views: 528
Size:  173.0 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    wow hard to believe its February -well my life will change a little I will be babysitting ashlyn 3 days a week instead of 2 to help out my son-my son's job had some changes and he will lose some pay (he called me last night and said I wish you were only watching her a few days mom ,but I said I will help them out tue,wed, and Friday I will be babysitting -she goes to school in sept so I can do it for 7 months
    -when I got my haircut yesterday I was talking to my hairdresser -telling her I love to be there for my grown kids and she has a health problem in her family with her only son -her comment "you can only do so much "I just don't get that I decided to have 2 kids in life and I will always be there for them (my dear mom was there for us when hubby was laid off she had us for supper twice a week ,she watched my children when she could (I was a stay at home mom til my son was 4 )so didn't need her much til I started working part-time my mother-in-law on the other hand well wasn't too nice favoured my son over my daughter ,wasn't the best mother for my hubby etc
    -I just felt like telling my part today -thanks for listening ladies

-hope you don't mind jasper -I jumped in and posted the feb chatter
    I just had to jump in here, @coupon girl . We also care for our 8-yr old grandson whenever they need us. Our DD works long hours at 3 different banks, and her DH is now a SAHD, which is fantastic for all of them, so from time to time they need to get away, so we're here for them and always will be. This weekend they're off to Boyne with another couple: the guys will be snowboarding and the gals will spend most of their time in the spa...they all deserve it.
    I hear you about grandparents who seem to be a few steps away from their grandkids, not involved and like you, I really can't understand it. And like you, our kids absolutely appreciate and acknowledge our contributions, so it's easy to be there for them.
    It's hard sometimes, I know, we're not young anymore, and it is exhausting, particularly your two days in a row, but it's only until September, so you'll do just fine. Rest when you can!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -I've skimmed through the grocery flyers and do not see Barilla Pronto mentioned anywhere. There's still the Sobey's flyer to wait for. @Angela _273 -I'll type the Five Roses Prize Pizza dough recipe tomorrow for you to try. I make one large dough, not the three 9" ones indicated in recipe. Sometimes it turns out thin after baking and sometimes I get a good rise in the crust during baking. Must better than shortcrust on some of the frozen pizza varieties.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I missed moving to this thread, so I've already posted this in the January thread. I took our twins for their 18 month immunizations, neither of them cried. Baby girl is now running a fever.

I'm looking for a recipe for homemade pizzas. I haven't made pizza from scratch in a very long time. I have a jar of yeast in the fridge, but I do not own a stand mixer or a bread mixer.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    If anyone sees a sale in the new set of flyers for Barilla pronto could you please let me know, thanks.
    @jasperandchar : Just checking in quickly, but Barilla Pronto is on the first page of Sobey's.

Will catch up when I have more sleep!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Welcome back, lizzie!

I have The Flu, drat - so life is pretty crappy right now.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh nat the flu -that's awful I had that back in dec lasted a good 5 days -take care hon
    -lynn -thank you so much for the nice words

-off to get groceries today when hubby walks in ,yesterday just relaxed talked to daughter did online shopping and my puzzle -we all need days to chill right ladies

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Name:  P1140973.JPG
Views: 544
Size:  25.7 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Name:  P1140969.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  130.9 KB