User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Strangers who push you or abuse you for no reason

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am so so so tired of people body checking me out of their way because they can't say excuse me.

Today's dimwit decided to run before the light changed and pushed me out of her way and body checked me into a concrete wall. She knocked my phone out of my hand and it shattered. Now it will cost me $200 to get the screen fixed. Worst part is I was the one actually paying attention to where I was going -- the phone was OFF. But she started running so quick I couldn't get out of her way. I picked up the phone and chased after her to show her what she did and she looked at me like I was an alien. She was so freaking clueless, had no idea what she had just done. Of course she didn't say a word to me and just walked away...so rude. And all the people around us were staring at me like I'm crazy because princess acted like I was insane

This random pushing because people can't say excuse me has been happening so frequently now that I've actually been counting the bruises and how often it happens (at least 4 times daily). It's usually men but lately I've been noticing women buried in their phones doing it.

Have some freaking respect for other human beings, jerks

Nevermind the dude who screamed at me that he was gonna rape me because I wasn't crossing the street fast enough to his liking when I had the green light (had this one been today I think I would've had a meltdown)
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, Feb 1st, 2017 at 06:39 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel, DaveP and 9 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

sorry to hear this is happening to you
    I agree that some people are not considerate to others

for me, on the road, same thing:
    driving on the highway, they want you to take the lead, but try to 'push' you from behind to go faster. in the right lane. when the middle and left lanes are open.
    they are trying to avoid the police

I really don't know what's going on. 2016 was like this. start of 2017 seems worst.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I agree it's like the world has lost its collective mind

Everyone is so angry and so selfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    sorry to hear this is happening to you
    I agree that some people are not considerate to others

for me, on the road, same thing:
    driving on the highway, they want you to take the lead, but try to 'push' you from behind to go faster. in the right lane. when the middle and left lanes are open.
    they are trying to avoid the police

I really don't know what's going on. 2016 was like this. start of 2017 seems worst.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

holy hell!
    sorry about your phone. there are some jack ass's out there for sure.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was just thinking.....you could have been cradling a wee baby in your arms, or you may have been holding a very hot beverage. Just imagine if she had knocked either of those from your grasp and the baby got hurt or the coffee scalded someone in front of you? I wonder if the crowd may have defended you more in those instances?

What a rude lady......hope she went home and thought about what she had actually done by being so impatient.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

It likely didn't register what she actually did so she wouldn't have known why you were showing her the broken phone.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I agree it's like the world has lost its collective mind

Everyone is so angry and so selfish
    Yes. Angry. Many thinking only of themselves. Many looking to get to the top and will crush anyone in their way. Any way they can.
    Christmas was just a month and a bit ago, but it seems like a long time ago. People were getting gifts and thinking of others. For a minute at least.

So now, you have to bubble wrap your phone. And yourself - to prevent bruising. Like this guy
    Name:  29F0525100000578-0-image-a-34_1435175799838.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  126.0 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

My mean spirit says that you should have swear/yell at that girl!

Just call 911 if anyone threaten you. Should have gotten his license plate.

Teach these jack ach some lessons!!!
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow !! Torontogal12.. people is so cruel these days ..so sad see how people treat one and another.. what's going on .. in our world we live in .. Time for people clean up their act and start caring for other people and other peoples feelings .
    barbis9, Ciel, DaveP and 4 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not a doubt in my mind that she knew she did it! By treating you badly she put the attention on you instead of her. I know it's too late now but if someone puts you in that position where you will have to foot the bill at the very least shame that person in front of everyone! With all the camera phones out there someone will be filming her reaction and her face. With social media the way it is "you can run but you can't hide". Call them out! Someone will recognise her. Better to stand up for yourself or it will frighten you into submission. Bullies count on that! Rant over.....for now

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nina1 View Post
    Not a doubt in my mind that she knew she did it! By treating you badly she put the attention on you instead of her. I know it's too late now but if someone puts you in that position where you will have to foot the bill at the very least shame that person in front of everyone! With all the camera phones out there someone will be filming her reaction and her face. With social media the way it is "you can run but you can't hide". Call them out! Someone will recognise her. Better to stand up for yourself or it will frighten you into submission. Bullies count on that! Rant over.....for now
    Very llikely the incident is on someone's video or Google Glass.

Glad you were very vocal, @torontogal12 when someone does this, as you did in when pursuing the offender to let her know. Her lack of reply is galling. Wish someone else chimed in to let her know there's another person wondering WTH just happened.
    @walkonby made good points-what if something or someone else was in your hands and you got walled by another person.

How are you feeling now, @torontogal12 ? Did you report the incident to the police?
    Hope you can get a studded jacket and Google Glass or Youtube feature on the next phone when funds allow. Social media can spotlight a problem especially when politicians and media are tagged on a post.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am really sorry this happened to you TOgal. Toronto is such a huge city that people are invisible to each other. I have been to TO several times and when you are from a small town, you really notice the coldness of people!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@Nina I actually did want to film her reaction but the phone was shattered and glass pieces were everywhere. There would've been no proof that she actually did it anyway because it would just be video of her walking away and not the actual incident. These people staring at the confrontation did not even care so they definitely wouldn't start filming either. People really suck nowadays .

@Ciel I didn't report it. Talked about it with DH and we agreed that it wasn't worth typing up police time because the possibility of catching her is zero. She ran off in a crowd on a street corner with no security camera.

@walkonby your comment actually makes me feel grateful that I didn't have something more important in my hands! I see poor parents walk around with babies or strollers and people just run right past them and shove them aside too. People will actually whine under their breath that strollers take up a lot of the sidewalk. How do you transport a baby, jerk?

Thanks so much for hearing me out and your sympathy, everyone! I just needed to feel like there were still good people in this world (nowadays, seems like a tall order)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That time the guy threatened to rape me has really scarred me, actually. Once I got to the other side safely, I ran away as quickly as possible. I thought he may get out of the car since traffic was stopped and he was only a few metres away..it was broad daylight on a busy street with lots of people watching. Again, no one cares to say something or film the pervert. I went home and cried because it was terrifying. I just wanted to escape and still kick myself because I didn't get the licence plate or film his threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    My mean spirit says that you should have swear/yell at that girl!

Just call 911 if anyone threaten you. Should have gotten his license plate.

Teach these jack ach some lessons!!!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Feb 3rd, 2017 at 01:39 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Good god, just now some woman decided to nearly slam a door on my hand because she couldn't wait half a second. When I told her to watch my hand, she gave me a dirty look then laughed in my face
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information