User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 1 Post By padyofurniture

Thread: Walmart making inroads against Atlantic Superstore (Loblaws)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love competition because, among other things, it drives and keeps prices down. Walmart is selling more and more food in their stores giving Loblaws a better run for their money. In Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Walmart sells loaves of bread for just $1. It is great bread, crusty and a good size with good (not fluffy) weight (450g). Superstore were never near that good a deal that I ever saw. Now they "occasionally" sell a small loaf of bread for about $1.50. That's a huge difference.

Superstore, until recently, sold their in-house apple turnovers at four for $4.99. Their best price now is 4 for $3.99. Walmart sells a package of six for $3.27. That means Walmart's are $0.55 each while Superstor's are $1.00 each, ie. Walmart is 45% cheaper, again no small difference, and their individual sizes are almost identical. The turnovers look alike but I find Walmart's are more flavourful and with a much nicer crust. Way to go, Walmart!

Name:  IMG_0458.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  295.6 KBName:  IMG_0457.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  318.6 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There used to be quite a difference in price between Superstore and Sobeys... Sobeys being the more expensive. Now Superstore is closing that gap. I've noticed for the last little while that Walmart is the better deal on most items. Plus there's the option to price match whatever the others have on sale.

I think within the last year, I did buy bread at Superstore for $1/loaf. Even the reduced loaves are $1.50 or more.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Walmart may be closing the gap in grocery prices in your area.
    But

Walmart must first face the courts and clean up their mess in the West.
    They were charged with selling inedible food in Fort McMurray.

A Fort McMurray man has launched a $10-million class-action lawsuit claiming he and other people bought food from Wal-Mart Canada that was unfit for human consumption.

In January, Alberta Health Services charged Wal-Mart with 174 violations of the Public Health Act for selling fire-contaminated fresh and frozen products last May, the lawsuit says.

Thread Information