User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree560Likes

Thread: When Times Get Tough...What Do You Do?

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

It is baffling to me how her lawyer thinks she is entitled to every penny of back support since 2006 (1 year after the original court order), when no one actually filed yearly to get your husbands taxes LOL so she was okay with the minimal support for 11 years, then all of a sudden, because she has no one else to rely on to pay her bills, now she expects an ex-ex husband LOL someone needs to tell her to give her head a shake.

As for you and DH...pretty much. They only care about numbers. Its sad. We already know my hubbys ex won't provide her taxes (as she did not even have them done at the time we went to court last year, they actually just accepted her t4, which is ludicrous to me because she can have income from all sources - infact she conveniently withheld her UCCB payments until I spoke up and said they were taxable income). So we will be filing within the 30 days of the anniversary date of the order to find out if the shared custody child support needs to be changed.

However this is what Ontario law says (and I interpret it to mean she can have financial impact for not filing at court to get his taxes because he failed to produce them):

ffective March 1, 2010 all support orders in Ontario require annual updating of income. Specifically all orders contain the following clause:
    For as long as child support is to be paid, the payor and recipient, if applicable must provide updated income disclosure to the other party each year, within 30 days of the anniversary of this order, in accordance with section 24.1 of the Child Support Guidelines.

The risk of ignoring this annual disclosure requirement can be financially devastating

Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Wed, Mar 8th, 2017 at 01:38 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Not even ex-ex husband. Never married. Just had a child together.

It wasn't in their court order that he needed to provide income tax each year, so nothing was ever updated (even though most court orders would have this in there-for some reason the lawyers at the time never included it). She never once asked for it. And now she wants back pay? Our lawyer originally said that she was only entitled to back pay to when she served us papers in January, but now he thinks she may be entitled to more. He's digging. I hope to God she isn't. Even with monthly payments, I don't know how we would make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    It is baffling to me how her lawyer thinks she is entitled to every penny of back support since 2006 (1 year after the original court order), when no one actually filed yearly to get your husbands taxes LOL so she was okay with the minimal support for 11 years, then all of a sudden, because she has no one else to rely on to pay her bills, now she expects an ex-ex husband LOL someone needs to tell her to give her head a shake.

As for you and DH...pretty much. They only care about numbers. Its sad

However this is what Ontario law says:

ffective March 1, 2010 all support orders in Ontario require annual updating of income. Specifically all orders contain the following clause:
    For as long as child support is to be paid, the payor and recipient, if applicable must provide updated income disclosure to the other party each year, within 30 days of the anniversary of this order, in accordance with section 24.1 of the Child Support Guidelines.

The risk of ignoring this annual disclosure requirement can be financially devastating
    ex0ticb3lla and Ciel like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Women are such drama. I would for sure have that lawyer digging. If annual disclosure wasn't in your original document, then there is no way to legally hold your husband responsible for the lack of updating as it was simply not required. I'd also be asking the lawyer to question why it took 11 years for her to decide she wants back support. Brutal. I just cannot fathom how a judge would award that. But like i always say, nothing surprises me anymore with the court system.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    She hasn't asked for an update since the original court order in 2005. She's coming after us now because her husband left her. She's going after him as well, he was walking out of court as we were walking in. Had us lined up like ducks

Hardship for child support sounds interesting and is something I will explore this for sure. I have argued this from the start. We know we have to pay child support, that is necessary for step-daughter. But he also has 2 other children to support and a household to run and I stand by the fact that that should count for something. So because myself and DH are still together the court doesn't care?

The greed is amazing.
    So in the ex's mind your dh & her new ex both need to support the child.....wow...

This is information your lawyer should make notes on this, she's potentially double dipping.

I remember hearing something about if a spouse remarries there's something about child support. I unfortunately can't remember....ack
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

No, she has another child with the ex husband. I assume he's only paying child support for that child.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So in the ex's mind your dh & her new ex both need to support the child.....wow...

This is information your lawyer should make notes on this, she's potentially double dipping.

I remember hearing something about if a spouse remarries there's something about child support. I unfortunately can't remember....ack
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Are you and your dh on good terms with her soon to be ex?

Perhaps they had joint bank accounts and he might be willing to show the deposits she receives on a monthly basis.

Also if you have sent her e-transfer for expenses perhaps you can track them down through your bank.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Mar 8th, 2017 at 03:01 PM.
    wimbly11, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

No, she has another child with the ex husband. I assume he's only paying child support for that child.
    Got it

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

We know him to stop and say hi. I'm not sure if he would give us the information, but perhaps DH could try. Take him out for a beer lol

We've never sent her an e-transfer unfortunately..any money given to her for "our half" of clothes etc was cash. Stupid us. I wish someone had of told DH a long time ago, that those things are supposed to come out of child care and he wasn't legally responsible for paying half.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Are you and your dh on good terms with her soon to be ex?

Perhaps they had joint bank accounts and he might be willing to show the deposits she receives on a monthly basis.

Also if you have sent her e-transfer for expenses perhaps you can track them down through your bank.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

cheques and e-transfers become your new best friend when dealing with greedy ex's
    wimbly11, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

My current mood.

haha

Looking at our budget and trying to trim corners to set aside emergency money.
    ex0ticb3lla, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

My current mood.

haha

Looking at our budget and trying to trim corners to set aside emergency money.
    ROMEO likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We know him to stop and say hi. I'm not sure if he would give us the information, but perhaps DH could try. Take him out for a beer lol

We've never sent her an e-transfer unfortunately..any money given to her for "our half" of clothes etc was cash. Stupid us. I wish someone had of told DH a long time ago, that those things are supposed to come out of child care and he wasn't legally responsible for paying half.
    We learn something new everyday don't dwell on the past and what you can't change

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

In reading one of the previous post I see that you were considering making your own bread. If you live close to Hanwell did you know that there is a Ben's warehouse up on Hanwell Road? They sell bread around $1.25 there and sometimes cheaper. They also have a punch card and offer double punch on Tuesday; when the card is full you get to pick something for free. Something to look into if you live close by.
    Last edited by Bargain Seeker; Sun, Mar 12th, 2017 at 10:11 AM.
    wimbly11, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I did not know this! I don't really live close to there, we're in Keswick Ridge, however, I work in town and it sounds like that would be worth making the trip on my lunch hour perhaps! Thank you for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    Congratulations on your pregnancy.

In reading one of the previous post I see that you were considering making your own bread. If you live close to Hanwell did you know that there is a Ben's warehouse up on Hanwell Road? They sell bread around $1.25 there and sometimes cheaper. They also have a punch card and offer double punch on Tuesday; when the card is full you get to pick something for free. Something to look into if you live close by.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

And hubby is now officially laid off the end of June.

FML.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information