User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree685Likes

Thread: Sorry for not being able to tell you where I was...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Everybody, How is everyone doing... I haven't been able to get on here since July 22nd when I fell backwards off a step, and broke my knee in 4 places, my ankle, and have had six surgeries since, and maybe looking at one more eventually to take out my tow pieces of metal, and 16 screws. I was sidelined to my iPad in the hospital, and to my chair in the sunroom, and could not remember my password. I have to find it so I can continue to play here on the Ipad, it's still awkward to sit at the computer. Hopefully going to start physio soon, so I can learn to walk again. My first three surgeries were in the 1st week, 2 short ones, and then an eight-hour surgery. So, folks I wasn't avoiding you, just an injury took me out...

Name:  IMG_20160724_183055.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  75.2 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

OMG Charger! I was just wondering yesterday about you! What mess! I am so sorry to hear about your accident! You sound so cheery but that must have been a hard summer for you! Lynn and Hicks will know just how that feels. Well, I will send healing thoughts your way. Great that you are now able to talk with us.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Welcome back. That's a long recovery for a small accident. It's a reminder that even the smallest of falls can do so much damage. I hope you are recovering well and aren't in any pain. It will be hard work but I am glad you will be able to be up walking around after your physical therapy.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, it's been a long summer, had 3 surgeries, and then developed a virus in my leg, so 3 times they had to cut me open again to wash and scrape out the virus. Thank we got it this time, stitches should be coming out Tuesday. I was on a PICC to give me one antibiotic into my heart, and taking another 2 by mouth. The PICC came out yesterday, and am now on one antibiotic for another six weeks. The only thing driving me NUTS now is the nerves in my foot, It feels like when you know your hand or foot go to sleep, well multiply that by 1000, with nerves shooting out pain now and then...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OMGoodness, RNC!!!

Well, yep, been there, done that, had pins and a plate, so omg, I know what you're going through, poor critter!!! I 'only took the top off my tibia when I fell, had a plate and only 9 screws, but you, with 4 breaks!!! I can't begin to imagine.

Okay, so here's the story: I don't know how you're dealing with this, but I can tell you that in the beginning, after my 6 weeks in a cast, I didn't think I'd ever walk properly again. Ever. My first physio appointment had me in tears, not because of pain, but because I was so discouraged. My physiotherapist told me later that she remembered those days, and felt so sorry for me, but we worked through it all, and now, 2 years later, I'm almost walking normally. WHICH means, that I can walk without any appliances, cane, etc, and the only reason it's not perfect yet, is because of my arthritis.
    I'm having a knee-replacement done on the 25th which should take care of that particular pain.

Charger, I hope you're not feeling discouraged like I was, because I can look back now and see how far I've come, and how far you'll get with some work, a lot of patience, and hopefully with lots of help at home. I was bed-ridden with a hip to toe hot pink cast for 6 weeks, and thank God my Hubby, saint that he is, so lovingly cared for me. He installed a higher potty so that I didn't have to bend my knee that didn't want to bend and it continues to make all the difference in 'that' area of my life...has your knee been involved, or parts lower than that?? Although looking at your photo, it looks like your knee is smack-dab in the middle of that mess, huh?

Oh, I sure wish that no one had to go through that, but keep up your strength as well as your sense of humour...I always went by the saying: "I may be in pain, but I don't have to BE a pain." and appreciated everything anyone did for me in those days. It really helps.

If you ever want to chat with someone who's been in your position......I'm here for you, Hon.

Wishing you all the very best...I'll be watching your progress as you continue to post here!!!
    Big hugs, Lynn!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Oct 13th, 2016 at 12:17 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Lynn, Yes it's horrible, but as long as I can walk by March for Cuba, and Golf the summer coming, I will be fine. I was never put in a cast, just a boot cast for my ankle. I was encouraged to keep bending my knee, just not allowed to put my full weight on it for a couple more weeks.. Was on a NO weight barrier for 3 months..

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Wow!!! I hope that you are feeling better soon and able to move around again!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I always thought this was funny...I really wanted to write it on my cast, but didn't..

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

RNC, it is truly nice to have you back.
    I had noticed you were MIA, and sadly thought you were another of the SC Family who simply stopped dropping in.
    Sounds like you had a long summer indeed. With the cooler weather coming, at least you won't feel as bad not being able to spend your time outdoors!
    I can't imagine what it feels like not being able to walk, and having to re-learn how to. Although I know there are others here in the SC Fam who have been in your position (as noted) who can relate. All I can offer are my words of encouragement.

Take care friend, and again Welcome Back.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    Yup, it's been a long summer, had 3 surgeries, and then developed a virus in my leg, so 3 times they had to cut me open again to wash and scrape out the virus. Thank we got it this time, stitches should be coming out Tuesday. I was on a PICC to give me one antibiotic into my heart, and taking another 2 by mouth. The PICC came out yesterday, and am now on one antibiotic for another six weeks. The only thing driving me NUTS now is the nerves in my foot, It feels like when you know your hand or foot go to sleep, well multiply that by 1000, with nerves shooting out pain now and then...
    Oh, that nerve pain is the worst, and there's nothing you can do about it when it's happening...as for that 'falling asleep' feeling, it eventually does go away, thank goodness!! The only thing that got me through that nerve pain, is that someone in the hospital told me that it's the nerves binding and growing together; I'm not sure that's true, but it helped!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They tell me it can take up to a year or more Lynn, especially since I have been cut open 6 times so far...

Thanx Dan..

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Oh ouch look at you. hoping for a quick recovery keep us posted

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Wowza!!! I hope you have an easier recovery - talk about your rough summers!!! Take care bud.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well RNC, the other posters have said most of what I wanted to say! Expect for WTF??!!! There I said it! Of all the rotten luck. That picture gave me the willies!! I hope for the fastest recovery possible and if it helps I hope you get the prettiest nurses and physio caregivers too! ha ha
    ( just kidding, think I have been watching too much Trump coverage )

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Holy crud. Hope you heal soon.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information