User Tag List

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

babysat today -have Friday off they week as they have a wedding to go to -a little break for me
    -I heard last night as Ashlyn was having a melt down for my son/wife "she said I want my nana" nice to know I am loved but I wish she didn't ask for me -I feel I have such a bond with her today we were laughing on the couch and she was giving me lots of kisses -got her out to a playground then for a wagon ride this afternoon her and her snowwhite doll -lol
    -supper tonight omelets
    -got my large comfortor washed at my son in their oversize machine today so that was a good feeling

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did not get online today until late afternoon. Did some more cleaning -the fridge, the pantry unit and under the kitchen sink area. Raked some branches/leaves/needles in two spots in backyard (Dad actually bagged the piles while I was out-shock-but I had hoped he would do so) prior to going out with Mom to mall. She managed to get her errands done but she's in more pain than my own joints are giving me. We got home back on our bus transfers and I disembarked at Walmart to get some baking specials and that Gatorade Frost 6pk ($4.97 but with $1 off coupon from pad on display). Had one beverage right outside the store-I must have been thirsty.
    Did another shop at Longos-got the Maple Leaf Prime frozen chicken strips to get the free Coke mini cans pop with purchase and a few other items. Did the Easter Egg Hunt-some of the dept. egg cards are really well placed (they are not all at eye level-there was knee bending involved)-so I have entered my ballot for the $50 chocolate gift basket contest.
    Third shop at Fortinos for the artichoke hearts in jar special and lemons. Had a foot soak with Epsom salts so part of back is fine but lower body demands a refund of pain relief.
    @jasperandchar - wow, you have each day planned for cleaning two rooms or areas at a time. I'll have to get around to wall washing in the kitchen/dining room and do the living room too (I don't go beyond dusting in corners but have not washed the walls there so it could be time). Rather wanting the interior cleaning wrapped up this week because I feel next week is get the mower going week.
    @Angela273 -logistics rep for your prep work the night before today. Glad you found that $5 bill-something went right today! Wish healthcare team would realize how much their delays affected patients and others attending with them. At least DH had his surgery . Hope the medicine offsets some of the pain if not all of it. Thanks for sharing your day with us.
    @coupongirl and @Frugalbigmama -freshly laundered bedding is super! Bonus points if airdried outdoors on a sunny breezy day.

If anyone else on SC is a Martha Stewart bedding fan, both The Bay and Home Outfitters have her last year's Whim comforter sets with pillows/shams on clearance at 60% off. Just thought I'd share. Mom and I were looking at sets today and her colour pick differs from my own (we did not buy today though open to checking out patterns in the bins). I also like the new orange floral set but it's $360 right now. We also checked out the Distinctly Home textured floral towels (could not find them in The Bay but did in Home Outfitters-Mom does not like the darker blue and I don't like the other three colours)-tag says made in Turkey. DH towels also have a colour floral print on white that was not in the flyer-very springlike!

I looked at one of the cameras at Value Village again-it's the same model as sibling's and needs a memory card and transfer cable. I may have a lead on the card (will inquire) but getting the data transfer cord for the camera might be a bit bothersome. Wish I had purchased the camera during the last week's 50% off sale. Live and learn. Would have to clean up the unit and test if lens works. It would be cheaper than buying a cameraphone--I told Mom she needs to take pictures because her relations cannot focus or get glare out of photos so this trip needs crisper souvenir images. To be continued...(btw, I did not see any Sony cameras in the mall's Shoppers as I did glance at what accessories and electronics were there-maybe I missed a shelf?).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thursday! The week work is almost over! I guess I should clean up the budget since tomorrow is payday. I had to cancel my favorite credit card (PC MC) because I couldn't find it. Of course I found it the next day on the passenger seat! Oh well. Stops me from spending since it is my preferred card. Good thing our free hotel room booked for tomorrow night is in my man's name and his card! Date night with my sister and her husband and free hotel for us Looking forward to a night away. Grandma is in charge of grandkids and dog!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

April frugal chatter thread, I will be offline for the next 2 days

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/421006-...a/#post6764798
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Weak sunshine is encouraging today before the wet weather comes along at lunchtime. Will venture out in a few minutes to get a couple of delayed errands done.

Community paper is not yet here with the new flyers so patience for another 3 hours is required. Last night, I realized a local tree is still showing a vertically dangling tree limb hanging by a short stub of a smaller limb onto another tree limb. Had thought that limb was removed by now. I don't want a windy day to cause it to drop onto someone or a vehicle.

Coupon clearout/recycling time for March expiries. BTW, my Walmart has many issues of the Live Better issue in the one display by the grocery entrance. Guess customers have not realized that it is back in print for 2017.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh is in less pain today, but still not himself. He's a man and is procrastinating regarding following some of the doctor's orders. He says the swelling has gone down some, but he hasn't let me see or help change the bandage yet. A friend picked him up for lunch.

I dropped my van off because the AC is blowing pure hot air on the front passenger side. It should be covered under the extended warantee that I purchased with the van.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone
    Life is pretty frugal right now as I am in Hawaii with Dad and that side of the family. We spent my Birthday yesterday snorkeling which was fun only downside was the tide is extremely high in Hawaii right now so normally the boats are all spread put and take you to various locations but due to the tides all of the boats and groups were tucked into one nook of the bay. The first spot we were at was nice as we were further out and only our boat was in the this location but since we were so far out it was harder to see much as the water 200 ft deep and with the tides as high as they are most sea life is up closer to shore. The second spot was much nicer as we were closer to shore and could see a lot more, the sea life is amazing but I must admit even just looking at the ocean floor is amazing to see how the coral and even little caves within the rocks certain animals live in. My brother's gf also got to see a little shark when she went out with the captain to look, non of the family went as non of us could dive down that deep as most of us suffer from sinus/ear issues which get worse the deeper you go.

After snorkeling we came back for Cake at the Hotel and then off to dinner at one of the local restaurants. I choose the local Italian eatery as it was in doors and I really needed to be inside for a bit. Dinner was fabulous.

The day before we went to this look out point which was amazing but I have to admit I thought I was going to get seriously hurt. You have to basically climb down the side of a mountain on this trail with hazardous signs all over as the trail is not been cleared out so you are stepping on exposed tree roots and rocks and have to constantly watch where you place your feet to steady yourself. Going down is hard as you have to constantly watch your footing or you could fall and seriously injure yourself and coming back up although easier to find your footing was equivalent to climbing 39 stories. Between the cardio needed and heat I did not know if I was going to make and was extremely worried I was going to get sick from the heat but luckily I did not.

Today is a relaxing day some have gone shopping, others are at the pool, personally I am hiding out today out of the sun and just keeping a low profile. We will be going to a restaurant on the beach where you can watch the sunset as you eat dinner at my sister's request as she is leaving tomorrow night (the rest of us are here another week). We went the other night just for drinks and the view is amazing but they did not have a table to accommodate us for dinner.

Well although on vacation there are a few issues I must address back home for work. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@SassyAshley

a belated Happy Birthday to you!! What a wonderful way for you to celebrate, in the sun and having fun!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Drove 12 hrs yesterday and hope to make the rest of the way home tonight
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:28 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Woke up to snow on the ground but apparently the bad weather was called off for us and last I heard they were to get a dumping of snow to the South of us.
    Packed bags for our night getaway tonight. DS is to walk home after school and get his electronics ready for Grandma's house

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A friend stopped by yesterday and was able to help me drop my van off at the shop. He bought me a large DQ blizzard on the way home because he said I needed to smile. It's been a rough week and we are only on day 3 of dh's recovery. That friend took Dh out for lunch and paid for his lunch too. When the shop called to say my van's AC was fixed, I had them come and pick me up. The bill was covered by the extended warantee. My van caught a large rock to the new windshield, but luckily only received 2 small chips.

Today is Sobeys Blue Friday sale, so I'll be spending $100 on groceries and getting 100AM bonus on the transaction. I have rain checks from last month's Blue Friday sale, loadedmy new AM offers, still need to print a few coupons too. Dh might keep the kids while I go to the store, we'll see how he's feeling when he finally gets up for the day. Dh reduced his pain meds last night. The surgeon prescribed 10 days of antibiotics, 4x daily to prevent surgical infection.

I'm thinking about taking Leo to the free swim at 4pm today, Dh suggested it. Dh figures he can handle the twins for an hour at home. This is the last free swim sponsored by the Lion's Club for the season.

My leg has been causing me a lot of pain for over a week already. My allergies are acting up and my guts are causing me trouble. It just doesn't help.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Mar 31st, 2017 at 11:21 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just heated up my last container of chili from the freezer. Either I am just really hungry or I make the most amazing chili!! It is so good. lol I have an apple for an afternoon snack then dinner out tonight (free with our comps ) Did well with my calories today to splurge tonight .

My honey took today off since we are going out tonight so he made appointments to get our winter tires off today on both vehicles. So looking forward to better gas mileage going forward.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just got off the phone with daughter -gee I love talking to her as Sebastian is napping
    -supper tonight pizza and salad -yeah I am back to normal -it must have been a 3 day bug -well I will be getting groceries on sat -gee just noticed I have a small blister on my belly -must have been that darn bean bag thingy I heated in the microwave for my sore stomach yesterday ,my daughter has the heating pad I lent her as her back is still a tiny bit sore
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Dh is in less pain today, but still not himself. He's a man and is procrastinating regarding following some of the doctor's orders. He says the swelling has gone down some, but he hasn't let me see or help change the bandage yet. A friend picked him up for lunch.

I dropped my van off because the AC is blowing pure hot air on the front passenger side. It should be covered under the extended warantee that I purchased with the van.
    DH-if something goes off with his recovery due to his secrecy, it's on him. You are responsible for 4 while he recovers.
    Hope the repair place zeroes on in the faulty component in the A/C unit very fast!
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama -we have lots of rain. Snow mostly melted yesterday when it landed. Feels like 0C outside today while I was picking up branches (spotted three closed crocuses in the sunny spot!) and checking on things. Drizzle is ongoing.

The chilly dampness had me eating and drinking carbohydrates all morning. Had some tea an hour ago with bread and peanut butter and put on a sweater.
    @SassyAshley -happy birthday! Work on the tan and relaxation stuff! Maybe find pineapple motif souvenirs as pineapples are showing up everywhere for spring 2017. Find a yarn or craft shop and have fun exploring.

Just spotted a pineapple-themed wedding story! https://ca.yahoo.com/news/ve-got-see...220346565.html
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Mar 31st, 2017 at 04:11 PM.
    Newfiescreech and SassyAshley like this.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread Information