User Tag List

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ds worked an early shift today so I had an early start to my day, picked up a few good deals as RCSS when I dropped him off. Yesterday I SCOPed a box of chicken fingers and recieved 1000 PC points for the box meat offer.
    The depost for the cabinetry went in yesterday. So we are on our way. I have packed up and decluttered most of the kitchen but since we won't start until late May I am taking a break for now. We are taking DS1 closet for the new kitchen and yesterday met with a closet designer and will have a custom unit built for him. We used the same company when we did the master bedroom and they had a great repeat client offer so we committed and he will have that done in April. It will be nice to have that done before the kitchen. We are also replacing a window and I hope to get it done before the Reno as well.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good shopping haul! We are set for the week (plus some stocking up deals) and 2 chocolate Easter bunnies purchased so I have started the Easter shopping! Trying not to get too much junk so will just get stuff they like as treats and make up a basket each. Just came home and heated leftover burgers for lunch for DS and I. I have taken cream cheese out of fridge to soften so I can make nacho dip for DS's lunch this week (he loves it and bought the chips to dip it in) Guess I should put a load of laundry on before we leave for hockey
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Ciel - Thank you for mentioning to be on the look out for the Ryvita coupon booklet at RCSS. I found a bunch today and used the Mazola coupon to buy the oil for $1 bottle!! (my No Frills has had it on for $1.99 for a long while and it is reg $5.49-$5.99) I think I will go grab a few more next time for my food bank box since it doesn't expire till late 2018 and I think that is an item that wouldn't get donated often. Did you need any of the other coupons out of it?
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I found a brand new shelf unit at the side of the road that I picked up for my home office. I also found a laundry basket full of men/boy shoes in perfect condition that I put in my trunk and donated to the Salvation Army. I suspect someone got kicked out judging by all of the personal items in the pile of things for junk pick up
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Ds worked an early shift today so I had an early start to my day, picked up a few good deals as RCSS when I dropped him off. Yesterday I SCOPed a box of chicken fingers and recieved 1000 PC points for the box meat offer.
    The depost for the cabinetry went in yesterday. So we are on our way. I have packed up and decluttered most of the kitchen but since we won't start until late May I am taking a break for now. We are taking DS1 closet for the new kitchen and yesterday met with a closet designer and will have a custom unit built for him. We used the same company when we did the master bedroom and they had a great repeat client offer so we committed and he will have that done in April. It will be nice to have that done before the kitchen. We are also replacing a window and I hope to get it done before the Reno as well.
    I'm very excited for you. Kitchen remodels can be quite stressing, the thing I hated the most was doing dishes in the bathtub. Since then we now have a laundry sink. But you'll be able to bbq since it's in May and if you have a side burner even better. Or use the crockpot.

Hope you post before and after pictures, I would love to see if you don't mind sharing.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our oldest was the first to come down with a sniffy nose, and the first to get better. The rest of us are trying to fight this off before it ends up with antibiotics, rough night's sleep more often than not. We stayed home from church because we try not to share these germs when we know we are sick.

I just had a lady speak for $11 in brand new baby girl clothes with tags still on them. I'm happy with that, they are still hanging in the nursery closet, she just can't pick them up until Thursday.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Mar 5th, 2017 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Darn auto correct
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Sent dh to pickup a few things at the grocery store on his way home from Church, we brought me a whole wack of coupons....happy dance.

Since I'm still not feeling the best I put a pizza in the oven for lunch and supper will be leftovers.

I'm working on my meal plan for the next 2 weeks, I'm really hoping for a sale soon on lean ground beef.

Tomorrow I am making a batch of moose chili for dh's lunches, I will cook a box of pasta and serve the chili on top. It will stretch out the chili and still be filing

@Frugalbigmama how did you like the Barilla pronto pasta, I can't remember if I asked you.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I ventured out driving out to a local store -zarkys got an apple pie for a treat 3.99 special today only(baked there) cant beat that price then got gas for hubby and stopped at shoppers for my milk -love getting the 760 points for 4.27 worth of milk 4 litres -as my shoulder is not in pain today
    -supper tonight frozen lasagna and fresh dinner rolls and apple pie of course

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I stepped out to No Frills this afternoon while all of our kids were napping. I used $28 in coupons, redeemed $60 in PC Plus points and paid $17oop. I stocked up on dry Whiskas cat food that was on sale and used 9x $3 coupons. I bought one boneless sirloin pork loin for $1.77/lb and had a personal offer for 100pts/$1. We'll cut it up into chunks and pork steaks. I have a good varietyy of meat in the freezer.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Sent dh to pickup a few things at the grocery store on his way home from Church, we brought me a whole wack of coupons....happy dance.

Since I'm still not feeling the best I put a pizza in the oven for lunch and supper will be leftovers.

I'm working on my meal plan for the next 2 weeks, I'm really hoping for a sale soon on lean ground beef.

Tomorrow I am making a batch of moose chili for dh's lunches, I will cook a box of pasta and serve the chili on top. It will stretch out the chili and still be filing

@Frugalbigmama how did you like the Barilla pronto pasta, I can't remember if I asked you.
    We haven't tried it yet. Will try this week I think. Like you said I will test it as it cooks and if I have to cook it longer I will
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @Ciel- Thank you for mentioning to be on the look out for the Ryvita coupon booklet at RCSS. I found a bunch today and used the Mazola coupon to buy the oil for $1 bottle!! (my No Frills has had it on for $1.99 for a long while and it is reg $5.49-$5.99) I think I will go grab a few more next time for my food bank box since it doesn't expire till late 2018 and I think that is an item that wouldn't get donated often. Did you need any of the other coupons out of it?
    Mazola coupons expire at or near end of August so stock up. Challenge-can you eat Ryvita? Try the Museli Crunch-good texture and enough sweetness from the dried fruit that I can eat a whole package in one night (as happened recently). Sesame Rye is another flavour to try (I used to finish brother's open packages when they stalled at half-consumed-no problem, I can snack on them). You might get attached to Ryvita!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

[QUOTE=barbis9;6753475]I found a brand new shelf unit at the side of the road that I picked up for my home office. I also found a laundry basket full of men/boy shoes in perfect condition that I put in my trunk and donated to the Salvation Army. I suspect someone got kicked out judging by all of the personal items in the pile of things for junk pick up [/QUO!TE]

Good finds and passing the mens stuff forward was brilliant! If anything, you've helped to minimize how much stuff lingers until that someone returns (if they do) or the next garbage day occurs. Curious about the laundry basket-would it have been a small square Rubbermaid one or something regular size? I'm still pining for the smaller square firm one that Rubbermaid sold (garage sale quest continues). There's a semi circular laundry basket at home that is broken and I'm wanting to pitch it once I get a small square basket.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=Ciel;6753786]
    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I found a brand new shelf unit at the side of the road that I picked up for my home office. I also found a laundry basket full of men/boy shoes in perfect condition that I put in my trunk and donated to the Salvation Army. I suspect someone got kicked out judging by all of the personal items in the pile of things for junk pick up [/QUO!TE]

Good finds and passing the mens stuff forward was brilliant! If anything, you've helped to minimize how much stuff lingers until that someone returns (if they do) or the next garbage day occurs. Curious about the laundry basket-would it have been a small square Rubbermaid one or something regular size? I'm still pining for the smaller square firm one that Rubbermaid sold (garage sale quest continues). There's a semi circular laundry basket at home that is broken and I'm wanting to pitch it once I get a small square basket.
    The basket was a large beat up one....not sure if Sally Ann would have kept it or not.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -I ventured into VV after lunch and found disappointment in womenswear (dressy casual is not in vogue as casual).Noticed a few tabbed short sleeve tops with sheen in khaki/tan/glazed linen in various sizes. Saw a medium green silk shirt in medium for $4.99 but I have nothing to pair with it-back on the rack. Pants-there was a cotton/spandex 14T (rare size find) navy pant (Jessica brand) on the rack and a Jones NY cuffed navy pant with pockets and oddly positioned zipper next to the left side pocket (100% poly). Did the circuit through tops/sweaters-I don't need another casual wool blend sweater in berry tones. Menswear-short and long sleeve shirts were mostly picked over (few tropical themed shirts for a change-usually there are so many) and ditto the short sleeve knits/aka golf/polo shirts. Great selection of men's t-shirts. I decided to nab one men's dress shirt (similar in colour to red grapes (darker red purple) as it was the desired easy care poly/cotton blend ($4.99>2.50 sale)that I want to sew into a top. Bonus find-dropped package of 3 men's cotton hankies in an intact Zellers package (though plastic was dingy) under one of the men's shirt racks(0.99>0.49 sale). I could not find any others in the men's accessories (tagged as bed & bath, also on sale) so decided I had to get them.

Depending on how long the freezing rain lasts in the morning, I intend to return to the store to try for pants and shirts again.

Admire your restraint at Costco! Is the membership price hike a concern or not for your family?

Dinner-made 2 cups of chicken bouillion with Aurora cube, added big handful of the roasted root veggies and loads of dried basil and tarragon. Made Earl Grey tea to have with two filled raspberry donuts (50% off paczki). Had to toss what I thought were reduced price nectarines-they are peaches but they are kind of woody as though there was a freeze somewhere and gaps in the flesh which is only slighty juicy.

Got a Sunday Sun newspaper-will post an item in News because it is rather interesting on two fronts (human interest).
    @Sweets parrow -love that the socks have caught your DD1's attention and admiration. Delighted you managed to get your specials and the two meals completed. Mmm, lasagna!
    @saundyl -wow, fast start on project new home! With the items you have brought in, you have some furnishings for resting or napping or eating as your different activities progress through their stages.
    @Angela273 -marvellous grocery shopping and great that you could do it solo! Happy cats at home too. If you have Cdn tire near you, will you get the 79 cents Whiskas wet food with the buy 5 get 5 free coupon from Smart Source? 25x CT e-money too (when you buy 4 or more). I assume your SK flyer has the same or similar offers as the ON flyer does. Thoughtful that your family considered everyone's health in deciding to stay home today.
    @Frugalbigmama & @lilo0003 -fun to read of your RCSS shopping adventures!
    @SassyAshley -next weekend is your time off! You did the Standard Time whirlwind in a day! The craft organization with carts-stellar stuff.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @jasperandchar -I ventured into VV after lunch and found disappointment in womenswear (dressy casual is not in vogue as casual).Noticed a few tabbed short sleeve tops with sheen in khaki/tan/glazed linen in various sizes. Saw a medium green silk shirt in medium for $4.99 but I have nothing to pair with it-back on the rack. Pants-there was a cotton/spandex 14T (rare size find) navy pant (Jessica brand) on the rack and a Jones NY cuffed navy pant with pockets and oddly positioned zipper next to the left side pocket (100% poly). Did the circuit through tops/sweaters-I don't need another casual wool blend sweater in berry tones. Menswear-short and long sleeve shirts were mostly picked over (few tropical themed shirts for a change-usually there are so many) and ditto the short sleeve knits/aka golf/polo shirts. Great selection of men's t-shirts. I decided to nab one men's dress shirt (similar in colour to red grapes (darker red purple) as it was the desired easy care poly/cotton blend ($4.99>2.50 sale)that I want to sew into a top. Bonus find-dropped package of 3 men's cotton hankies in an intact Zellers package (though plastic was dingy) under one of the men's shirt racks(0.99>0.49 sale). I could not find any others in the men's accessories (tagged as bed & bath, also on sale) so decided I had to get them.

Depending on how long the freezing rain lasts in the morning, I intend to return to the store to try for pants and shirts again.

Admire your restraint at Costco! Is the membership price hike a concern or not for your family?

Dinner-made 2 cups of chicken bouillion with Aurora cube, added big handful of the roasted root veggies and loads of dried basil and tarragon. Made Earl Grey tea to have with two filled raspberry donuts (50% off paczki). Had to toss what I thought were reduced price nectarines-they are peaches but they are kind of woody as though there was a freeze somewhere and gaps in the flesh which is only slighty juicy.

Got a Sunday Sun newspaper-will post an item in News because it is rather interesting on two fronts (human interest).
    @Sweets parrow -love that the socks have caught your DD1's attention and admiration. Delighted you managed to get your specials and the two meals completed. Mmm, lasagna!
    @saundyl -wow, fast start on project new home! With the items you have brought in, you have some furnishings for resting or napping or eating as your different activities progress through their stages.
    @Angela273 -marvellous grocery shopping and great that you could do it solo! Happy cats at home too. If you have Cdn tire near you, will you get the 79 cents Whiskas wet food with the buy 5 get 5 free coupon from Smart Source? 25x CT e-money too (when you buy 4 or more). I assume your SK flyer has the same or similar offers as the ON flyer does. Thoughtful that your family considered everyone's health in deciding to stay home today.
    @Frugalbigmama & @lilo0003 -fun to read of your RCSS shopping adventures!
    @SassyAshley -next weekend is your time off! You did the Standard Time whirlwind in a day! The craft organization with carts-stellar stuff.
    It feels like its been ages since we put our offer in before Christmas!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information