User Tag List

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    angela -kids all come in different sizes for sure Ashlyn is short and tiny for her age 3 yrs 5 months she is around 27 pounds-Sebastian on the other hand is almost 6 months and about 19 pounds -was so cute watching him roll over yesterday then he gets so frustrated on his belly

-well ladies my arm is slowly getting better -would love to go to value village 50% off today but upper arm is still sore so there will always be another 50% off sale some time down the road
    -just chillin today -may go thru another kitchen drawer to declutter
    The pattern for their 50% off clothing sales seems to be the first weekend of every odd month, so the first weekend of May will be the next one (I did that event last year). That is not to say there won't be other clothing sales but they may be for specific categories i.e. tops instead of bottoms.

Will still pop over into my local Value Village store after I figure out what paper to recycle (partially completed task). Decided to save 2015 maps from guidebooks or tourism associations to use as small wrapping papers for impromptu gifting needs because the small foldout sheets are just right for a paperback book, bagged or boxed treat or something like hosiery. Have recycled old bus schedules and will need new ones from GO and Burlington transit. Placed a bus map and local bus schedule in my tote-often find someone lost in town due to unfamiliarity with routing changes and some weekends, I get asked directions and don't have a map handy. Suggest everyone have a updated local map in their bag or car plus one for your conservation region because there are daytrippers who don't your area well.

Managed some organization in the kitchen fridge, lower drawer and bottom pantry shelf. Things are easier to see now (especially multiple items). Jotted my Food Basics list for specials to get later in the day.

It does not seem that freezing rain hit Hamilton. The road looked wet this morning but there was no glistening icy crust on the grass. Looks like rain soon-one small patch of snow in the backyard is left.

Have to launder my two buys from yesterday so I can tackle a new shirt and give hankies to Mom (she seemed surprised about my find).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good Morning everyone,

I washed the hallway walls and floor. Then tackled the entry way walls, door and floor.

I will reheat a Costco whole chicken for supper and make scalloped potatoes and make pear/pecan muffins for lunches.

I'm really enjoying the no computer until 11AM NOON I'm feeling like things are progressing.

The house is chilly, they are forecasting freezing rain late this afternoon and overnight. I'll take out some butter just incase it's a snow day tomorrow. Ds1 has his annual hearing test and appointment afterwards, FIL will drive us but if the roads are back I won't venture out.

A load of towels is washed and hanging to dry.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Good Morning everyone,

I washed the hallway walls and floor. Then tackled the entry way walls, door and floor.

I will reheat a Costco whole chicken for supper and make scalloped potatoes and make pear/pecan muffins for lunches.

I'm really enjoying the no computer until 11AM NOON I'm feeling like things are progressing.

The house is chilly, they are forecasting freezing rain late this afternoon and overnight. I'll take out some butter just incase it's a snow day tomorrow. Ds1 has his annual hearing test and appointment afterwards, FIL will drive us but if the roads are back I won't venture out.

A load of towels is washed and hanging to dry.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
    Good plan. I find I am most productive in the morning too. You are lucky you don't have time of use for Hydro.
    Once the warmer weather comes I hope to start getting up earlier and go for an early morning walk. Then I will start the washer before I go and hang it out to dry when I return. That is the plan

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes its true if I stay off here in the morning I get a few more things done -went thru one drawer in kitchen -I have a paring knife to give to daughter-in-law as I have so many and getting rid of some odd knives and forks not spoons thou as I don't have as many of those -lol
    -was able to put aside a bit to savings this month -which is good as the visa bill will be a bit higher -thanks to computer going -lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just did my monthly check in on my RRSP's and TFSA's etc. I like to do this to motivate me not to spend and remember to save for the future. Tonight I am posting stuff for sale. I will bring up a few bins I haven't touched in years. Post for sale. Garbage what is garbage. Taking back my space.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -yes its true if I stay off here in the morning I get a few more things done -went thru one drawer in kitchen -I have a paring knife to give to daughter-in-law as I have so many and getting rid of some odd knives and forks not spoons thou as I don't have as many of those -lol
    -was able to put aside a bit to savings this month -which is good as the visa bill will be a bit higher -thanks to computer going -lol
    Spoons always go missing! That is why I buy the 200 pc plastic pack of forks and spoons for DS's lunch. He brings them back most times (I wash and re-use) but this way I don't have to worry about the real stuff going missing.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Check your personal SDM offers. Tues and Wed- Redeem 95,000 pts for $170.00 receive 22,000 pts back by March 28th. I think I am doing this. Get my 2 cologne gift sampler sets for Christmas and get points back now. Really best deal on things that never go on sale.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yep the blizzard is on. It was not easy to pick our son up from school. I have no safe choice but to cancel my afternoon appointment with my GP, even though I booked it nearly a week ago. My pharmacy is faxing my GP for refills, but the other stuff still has to be done in person.

Current conditions -10, 45km/he winds with 65km/hr wind gusts. Freezing rain last night, which is now covered in small drifts and blowing snow. They aren't sure how much snow we will get before this storm is done, up to 30cm has been forecast.

edit: When I called to cancel my appointment I found out that my doctor couldn't make it to the clinic, so they were opening up extra hours this week to help reschedule everyone. It works out ok because now baby girl and I have back-to-back appointments on Wednesday afternoon.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Mar 6th, 2017 at 05:17 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, I've been hearing on the radio how bad it is there - hoping you stay warm, and that your power stays on!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela stay safe & warm, does your son not get picked up and dropped off by the school bus?

When the kids were young is when 1/2 my spoons went missing, since then I buy them at the dollar store.

Supper is made, warmed up the 2nd whole cooked chicken, French fries w/ gravy and Pear & Pecan muffins.

I wasn't feeling like doing the baking but I pushed myself as I was using the oven and that's part of my monthly challenge for March. The batch makes 24 big muffins so I'm pleased. Ds2 said I hope these are not pear (lol), I said yes, he doesn't like the texture of pears (gritty) anyways they could not have been 1/2 bad as he had 2

Dh called to say they asked him to stay the full day so he's travelling in the freezing rain which I worry about. Ds1 has his hearing test tomorrow morning so we'll see how the roads are as FIL is supposed to drive us but since we're rural the roads don't get salted/sanded or cleaned until late afternoon. If the roads are bad I will reschedule not point getting into an accident or killed for an appointment. Can you tell I have car OCD? atleast I can laugh at myself

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Jasperandchar Pre-K students are too young to go on the school busses, so we have to drop him off and pick him up every day. We live 4 blocks away from the school, so even if he were older, he might not be able to catch a bus to school. He knows the way to his school already, but we live on a busy street.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I refuse to do freezing rain. I drove to work once when it was horrible and only got there as I was too afraid to try to turn around. That day well talking to my boss I told him I don't do freezing rain, in the future I will be staying home and he said okay. My issue is it usually comes when I am at work so not choice but to drive home in it.

Today is one of those days were I just have no ambition. I tried to do a little bit of tidying up when I got home moved a few things around, re organized one of my yarn drawers and decided I was done for the night.

I pulled some soup from the freezer for dinner so that was quick and easy and i cleaned up the kitchen. Now I am watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and then it will be off to bed as I did not sleep well last night.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I refuse to do freezing rain. I drove to work once when it was horrible and only got there as I was too afraid to try to turn around. That day well talking to my boss I told him I don't do freezing rain, in the future I will be staying home and he said okay. My issue is it usually comes when I am at work so not choice but to drive home in it.

Today is one of those days were I just have no ambition. I tried to do a little bit of tidying up when I got home moved a few things around, re organized one of my yarn drawers and decided I was done for the night.

I pulled some soup from the freezer for dinner so that was quick and easy and i cleaned up the kitchen. Now I am watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and then it will be off to bed as I did not sleep well last night.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    Good call, take it easy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am with you all on freezing rain, I will drive though a blinding snow storm with little anxiety, but freezing rain no way.
    I had a good score this morning as a I stopped at a different RCSS while on my way to work to see if I could get my fave yoghurt. All my local Loblaw's stores are always sold out. While the had only 1 yoghurt they had a bin of clearance health and beauty and it was all 1.44. so I bought 5 herbal Essence conditioners and then the 3 right guard deodorant rang up at 94 cents. Who needs a coupon at that price. I also picked up three packs of the Christie thin cookies and will submit the receipt to DHs CO 51 account. not a bad start to a Monday. then after work I came home to a cold house and backed cupcakes (a lesson from J &C) now the house is toasty.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Mon, Mar 6th, 2017 at 07:59 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The downside to small town living, something happened in town today and I cannot find any information anywhere. When Mom went to work there were emergency vehicles all over main street. After work I went to go to the post office and it was blocked off with police tape.

Mom has a friend who knows everyone in town who has been asking around for 2 hours and no body seems to know anything other then the post office is closed and blocked off with police tape.

For some reason our small town only like to report the happy and oh how they love a good ribbon cutting. A good ribbon cutting can easily take up 2 full pages with photos.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Mar 6th, 2017 at 08:04 PM. Reason: More Info
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information