User Tag List

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today was a meeting day, tons of new projects for me to take on, yippee. I have to admit it is a bit of a catch 22 I love that there seems to be more and more trust that I can take these things on and accomplish them but right now I am feeling a little overwhelmed especially since we leave on vacation in just over 2 weeks.

Looks like my Nexus card will not come in before we leave. Apparently processing time in Canada is 47 days but right now it is taking 3 to 5 months for the US to do a background check on you. This did not happen when the rest of the family applied so I have a feeling this is the Trump effect of traveling. I was really stressing over this but I spoke to my Step Mom today and her and my dad are going to make sure I clear security before they go through. Only issue maybe coming home as I am flying back with the boys who have nexus and I do not but I will chat with the boys and make it clear you take off on me I will lose my mind on you.

I tried something new for dinner tonight, I do not overly like Chili, my issue is the beans so Mom made a batch that she left the beans out of. I also like my Chili over pasta so tonight I mixed some leftover pasta, a tub of chili from the freezer with some mushrooms and pepper and am baking it off in the oven. We have enough for 4 meals, I will eat one tonight and Mom will take one to work tomorrow and 2 more will be left in the fridge for later use. A couple of months ago we found single serve casserole dishes which I am loving and this is what I made the chili bake in.

Have a wonderful night everyone
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    If you had purchased them there would be no issue returning them. I am not sure how they will handle it since it was a gift. I have been told the reason they are so good with returns is because they can check your membership to confirm you purchased it so I am not sure what will happen when they do not see the purchase on your membership.
    I have a membership but these were not purchased by us, they were a gift. They don't fit, so I guess the next time I go which maybe a long time I will bring them along just incase. They are able to check your purchases for returns that is true. Its' convenient but I also think it's tracking your spending habits and items you purchase (just my opinon).

I went to Costco on the weekend and I had not been in atleast 1 year (haha) I hate crowds.

Thank you
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My guess would be based on what I have heard they will take them back but they may give you a gift card instead of cash back.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I have a membership but these were not purchased by us, they were a gift. They don't fit, so I guess the next time I go which maybe a long time I will bring them along just incase. They are able to check your purchases for returns that is true. Its' convenient but I also think it's tracking your spending habits and items you purchase (just my opinon).

I went to Costco on the weekend and I had not been in atleast 1 year (haha) I hate crowds.

Thank you
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Does anyone know if you can return an item still with tags on to Costco without a receipt. I was gifted a whole bunch of hoodies but they are not the right size. @sweet sparrow and/or others, thanks
    I would call your local Costco location and ask customer service. I hear some stores are better at returning than others - not buying it on your membership card maybe a problem.

Are the items really old or recent? I would try to return them as soon as possible as I have a feeling they may change their return policies in the future as they are losing money and are increasing the membership fees in June 2017.

Our local Costco is not that busy at all - I can get in and out pretty fast which last year was unheard of.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Mar 8th, 2017 at 07:19 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, jasperandchar and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I would call your local Costco location and ask customer service. I hear some stores are better at returning than others - not buying it on your membership card maybe a problem.

Are the items really old or recent? I would try to return them as soon as possible as I have a feeling they may change their return policies in the future as they are losing money and are increasing the membership fees in June 2017.

Our local Costco is not that busy at all - I can get in and out pretty fast which last year was unheard of.
    Our Costco is busy all the time. As my sister says "Want to feel like a hero? Pull out of your parking spot at Costco" We are getting another one that will work better for us and should be less busy. Can't wait!
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post

Wow, I am sure I know what city you live in and I find that location crazy. Seriously cops directing traffic on a Saturday morning to get out of the parking lot, I may have to try it again. I am going to the one I pass on my way home Thursday and I am returning cheese that seems off. It had 1 week on the best before date but no one like it. @jasperandchar I will ask you return question and let you know.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh shoveled the driveway both days during the blizzard, I shoveled it this morning. One load of laundry is done and put away, the second load should be dry before I head to bed, that way I can hang my shirts before they get wrinkled. I tried a new recipe for supper tonight and I really liked it, deconstructed egg rolls with rice and fresh sugar snap peas. Drive to doctor's appointment went smoothly. Dh didn't get home until 7pm, but he said the roads were pretty good.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 8th, 2017 at 11:40 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I am feeling absolutely horrible today. Up to today, I stored DD1's milestones in gmail drafts. I noticed DD2 was drooling quite a bit so I checked when DD1 got her first teeth. Instead of saving the draft, I discarded thinking it meant "discarding changes". It doesn't. It means completely wipe out, do not save, do not pass go, do not even look for this in trash. I googled recovering deleted drafts in gmail and it seems on par from escaping from a black hole. Completely impossible. Oh, I hate this digital age right now. DD1 spent the good part of the afternoon hugging me because Mommy was upset about losing her info. Everything is gone, the date of her first word, her first signs (in sign language), ...I was so unimpressed with myself. One wrong click.

I am trying to distract myself this evening as I'm still feeling badly about it all.

Does anyone know if you can return an item still with tags on to Costco without a receipt. I was gifted a whole bunch of hoodies but they are not the right size. @sweet sparrow and/or others, thanks
    @jasperandchar : I know if you purchased it yourself, they bring up your purchase history on their computer. They can do price adjustments (within a certain timeframe) without receipts too. They can issue you a refund on your method of payment or by cash.

I received my gift from costco.ca. You do not need a membership to purchase these items and things are generally higher priced than in store to account for the delivery and non-members purchasing. They come with an order number and you can take them back to the store directly to get a refund in cash.

I'm not sure what happens if another member purchased the gift. I would call your local store and ask. That's what I did with my question. It may be up to the discretion of the store manager. They may refund you the last sale price (if applicable) as another option.

@Granger : It was lovely to meet you as well. My LO still remembers your children and still talks about going to the park to play with them (as if they live there like elfin fairies who never left....).

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I've read a few bits of news in catching up. What is with the US Presidency? How has the world reached this level of ridiculousness while I've been trying to survive the second round of motherhood? I am just boggled....

It's quite true that kids are quite different in terms of weight. DD1 has had issues gaining when she was younger but she was over 36 lbs when she turned three, and is now almost 40 lbs at 3.5 years. She will not fit into size 3 clothing for some brands. No weight issues now and I'm not worried that she'll be called into the doctor's if she skips a dessert or snack.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally Thursday! Snow and wind for us today. Will stay at work and suck it up even thought I want to take a day off just for me! Next week doesn't count since it is March break and we will be on the go. Soon! I was going to book a facial tomorrow to treat myself since they have a good special and my skin is dry and I wanted to treat myself. But the deal is next weekend! Will decide if we are back on time without rushing and may book it then.

Tonight I will do laundry. I see I have some piles

Pizza day at school for DS so packing his lunch was easy. We still have a package of strawberries so I will clean them tonight and split between the boys for tomorrow. Along with the kiwi I bought but haven't touched yet. A nacho dip is ready just needs shredded cheese added. Packing lunch tomorrow will be a breeze

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ sweet sparrow I feel for you regarding the loss of your baby book notes.
    I keep my baby book info in "notes" on my phone. I kept pregnancy notes in there too. I was so upset when the entire document mysteriously deleted during an OBGYN appointment with our twins. I lost everything, when I found out I was pregnant, size of the twins at each monthly ultrasound, etc. I was so upset with myself. My newer iPhone has a recovery option that will keep deleted documents for 30 days. I have used this function multiple times to retrieve documents. Your post reminded me to email these docents to myself again.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Wow, I am sure I know what city you live in and I find that location crazy. Seriously cops directing traffic on a Saturday morning to get out of the parking lot, I may have to try it again. I am going to the one I pass on my way home Thursday and I am returning cheese that seems off. It had 1 week on the best before date but no one like it. @jasperandchar I will ask you return question and let you know.
    It's the Burlington Costco and I find it's not busy. Even the cashiers were commenting on how quiet it is some days. I can get a parking spot fairly close and get out quickly - this is during the day on most weekdays.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh ladies my daughter 's cell phone broke in the delivery phone her hubby dropped it and she doesn't have the first few pictures of Sebastian or pregnancy pictures (they couldn't be recovered) I have some pregnancy pictures for her thou from my camera

-ahhh babysat Ashlyn yesterday power was out from 12.15 til about 7.30 at my son's (good thing we had my homemade chicken soup early at 11.50-lol) all she kept saying was we have a powercut nana -like peppa pig -lol so no t.v for all those hours either -we went outside for awhile -too windy
    -my son got home at 3.45 and asked us to stay for supper -pizza as my home power was out too (I live about 16 minutes from his house)then I got a call at 6.30 mom can we sleep at your house and bring our freezer food -no problem my son only ha the freezer on the bottom of his fridge -when Ashlyn walked in my house -your house is warm nana -so cute
    -relaxing today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just did my 1st online order at MARK's! So excited. Lots of things for me and 6 Christmas gifts 5 for the kids and 1 for someone else. Total spend $114.04!!! Lots of good clearance deals. The best deal for me is a new Columbia fleece zip up! Love this jacket. I have one now but it is getting old and has holes in the pockets. It will be my yard work coat now in Spring/Fall when needed . Nice 4pk of Columbia socks for $9.88 to go with a gift. For me, holiday leggings, the Columbia fleece, a layering top. Those items alone would have cost well over $100 at reg price!. I will be watching the clearance for sure and hopefully do another Christmas shop soon. I can't pay $6.50 for delivery lol so spent over $99 to get the free delivery. (Spent just over $110 so I could use promo code MARCHSAVINGDIGI2017 to save $10 WUS over $50.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Thanks sweetie
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information