User Tag List

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well today is my Mum's 85th birthday so we drove from Toronto to Indianapolis on Wed to spend it with my sister's family too-will drive back tomorrow and then fly home on Tuesday. It was a crazy drive with 100 kph winds a great deal of the way, fallen down tress and toppled over transport trucks-we also managed to get a flat tire about 20 minutes before we got here-good grief. Anyway all is well now-with a tow from CAA and American Express covering the cost of the new tire thankfully. I can't get over the low prices around here-townhouse in the suburbs $130,000, 1 gallon of milk 1.15, a dozen eggs .44 cents, gallon of gas $1.92. I feel like I am in a time warp and back in the 70's. Mind you any of the entry level retail jobs I have seen advertised only pay $8-9 per hour.
    Happy Birthday to your mum.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was exhausted last night, as in fought not to fall to sleep in the living room. Too bad our twins were up a lot during the night. I let Dh sleep and I took care of our little ones. I don't feel well due to the lack of sleep. Too bad I won't get a nap because my nephews will be coming back again today. I underestimated the amount of bread my freezer would hold...so nowvwe are on our last loaf of bread and there is lots of room in the freezer for more. This is a small problem because I didn't plan on going to the store for a few more days, we still have milk because I stocked up. I might get Dh to pick some up after work tomorrow...we will see.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good Morning everyone,

I've got tons of leftovers in the fridge so easy lunch & supper today

My baking stockpile in the freezer took a beating yesterday (haha) so as planned this coming week I'll restock/bake up a storm.

I have 1 load of laundry washed and drying, I'll start another load this evening and take down the dry clothes and hang the wet. I'm budgeting for my clothesline replacement next month as it needs to be purchased and installed. I love the smell of laundry hung outside.

SDM has pc frozen fruit for $2.99 a bag which seems very reasonable. I'm going to see what variety they have and go from there.

For those that have a coming storm stay safe & warm.

Wishing everyone a great day.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Trying to make a meal plan for the week, I had planned to go out of town for work but the branch asked me to push back my visit so it looks like I will be home all week and Mom will be home every night for dinner so I am trying to plan ahead.

So far I am going to make:
    Veggie Stir Fry for Lunches (We have a ton of veggies that need to be used up)
    Pasta Bake (Not sure if this will be tonight or tomorrow night dinner)
    Meatloaf (can't decide if I should cook off today and then Mom can use for lunches as well)
    Chicken Slovakia (have it frozen in the freezer and has tzatziki in the fridge to use up)

That is as far as I have gotten so far

I did laundry and clean the kitchen yesterday so that part is done, until I start cooking and the kitchen needs to be cleaned again.

Well better get back at it, Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Laundry is on the go and will be an all day event. Did my running around. Have steak thawing for steak sandwiches tonight with Greek salad. I also have a whole chicken thawing that I'm going to cook for Tuesday nights dinner. Just had leftovers from our dinner out Friday night. It was really good. We are usually disappointed when we eat out (my honey is an amazing cook) so it was nice that we enjoyed everything. We got a lot of food that our $100 gift card covered. A Glass of wine each too!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, my brother has delayed their drive home until tomorrow which means we'll have their twins until 8pm again tonight. That completely scrapped another weekend for us. We are their only family in Estevan, so we either provide childcare or they hire a babysitter. They are long past broke, which is part of why they are trying to finish packing, etc.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Well, my brother has delayed their drive home until tomorrow which means we'll have their twins until 8pm again tonight. That completely scrapped another weekend for us. We are their only family in Estevan, so we either provide childcare or they hire a babysitter. They are long past broke, which is part of why they are trying to finish packing, etc.
    See if DH is willing to put your kids to bed so you can escape into the tub for a soak after your brother picks up his kids.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had the hot chocolate but I only saw one copy of the desired paper in use, so no newspaper reading. Fortinos had samples of the new PC Carrot nut cake-very sweet with spices. Did not like the cream cheese frosting but can see the cake as something to go with a cup of tea! Want.
    Shoppers only had Mandarin orange flavoured sparkling water (PC Blue Menu) on the shelves so I skipped them and headed for the Coke Zero 6pk special.
    Found a 25 cent Cdn Tire bill on a plaza walkway-nice find!
    Decided I better move the collected branches from Wed/Thurs windy days, gather the other ones and snap them as I could only fit a little bit in the top of the green cart-the others are piled on the ground. Will have to wait for Tuesday when cart is empty to load remaining branches. Did this today (at risk of parental wrath as its Sunday) because I have errands in the morning to do before the afternoon snow arrives. I anticipate more branches coming down but need to get the current batch dealt with. Dad squawks at anything I put into his yard waste bags so I am not touching them (I refuse to buy any more bags when he has 100+ of them). He can lug his 1.5 bags of spruce needles and branches to the curb (I had to remove his addition to the cart because I had left space for kitchen bags but he filled that space). I took the lot out and was glad the branches under that addition worked like a stretcher to let me to dump the pile into one of his bags. Ciel is no fool.

Most of the tulip bulbs have pushed their leaves up-3 inches for a few of them. Something else has reddish bulbs or buds visible. Not sure what those are. Hope all make it through the snow undamaged this week.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

granger hope your grandparents come thru in their health after the operations -take care
    -well went to Toronto today got there at 12.00 noon stayed til 5.00 went with son & wife and Ashlyn -took a few pictures of Sebastian and Ashlyn had a great time daughter made us pasta with their homemade sauce -yummm -so for supper hubby and I just had coffee hot chocolate and raisin bread each we are not that hungry

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went through my cupboards and have made baked potatoes with butter, baked beans and sour cream. Surprisingly it tastes good. Tomorrow I will grocery shop before the winter storm. Mind you our storms in Ontario are nothing like the ones out East.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner was awesome! I made up a nice Greek salad for my work lunch tomorrow. My whole chicken is cooking now in the oven. Will clean it and put in Tupperware for quick dinner prep Tuesday night. Put some laundry away and have more on the go. Hanging comforters/blankets to dry overnight. Have a great night everyone.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thank you for your kind words. I spoke today and was able to get my words together last night. There was standing room only in the hall, we were surprised and appreciated the support.

My grandmother in hospital is now awake and talking, this is a big step forward. Grandpa stable too. Feeling better.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Granger -

I'm sure your heartfelt words were appreciated by everyone; bless you for being so brave to do that.
    Very good to hear the other grandparents are doing alright. I'll keep them in my prayers - and you, too.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congratulations to Newfies ( Newfoundlanders) Winning 2017 Brier 2017 Curling!!

Name:  IMG_1099.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  49.6 KB
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Went through my cupboards and have made baked potatoes with butter, baked beans and sour cream. Surprisingly it tastes good. Tomorrow I will grocery shop before the winter storm. Mind you our storms in Ontario are nothing like the ones out East.
    I hope you don't get hit like we got barbis !! It was wicked day here but today it's good in my neck woods .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information