User Tag List

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    expired or depleted batteries-nice service if you cannot dispose of them at a local municipal centre or store!
    Just letting people know that batteries can be brought to the baker (scrap yard) they paid for batteries.

Perhaps some have noticed schools collecting old batteries.

Also CPU towers, cellphones and tons of other electronics have gold in them.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Thanks Frugalmama I didn't know there were new $1 Classico sauce coupons out again. I haven't been able to find those or regular Smuckers jam coupons in my community, both of which I'm looking to trade for.

Tonight's supper plan is chicken and mushroom Alfredo with speghittini. Today is dh's last day of work before he starts his two weeks of holidays. No travel plans and Dh will be recovering from surgery part of the time.
    I hope your dh's surgery and recovery goes well.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thinking of you @thriftygranny today!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Good Morning!
    I agree Lilo, the budget was vague in my opinion, I still think they are going to revisit raising the 50% capital gains inclusion rate. We are holding our breath because we bought a property in the 80's that has appreciated significantly and we are at the stage of sell it or live there full time and go down to one property. I feel that we have invested in our education,saved for our children's educations, planned wisely, worked hard and sacrificed and are successful and we will pay the price for those that haven't. As business owners there are a few things in the budget that will affect us as well, yuck.
    I have been very busy, my daughter and I are in the midst of opening up an etsy shop selling vintage clothing, linens and wares. It has always been a passion for both of us and we decided a little side hustle business would be fun. It has been a lot of work finding items and curating them, photographing items and lots of washing and mending. I have taken several online classes for Internet sales and all business licences are in place so we hope to open our virtual shop by the end of the month. We are not expecting to quit our day jobs but hopefully it will be fun and lucrative!
    I made pickles of all things yesterday, I was in Superstore and they had stacks of pickling onions on clear out and then I spied cauliflower on the reduced rack so I made 10 jars of sweet and sour pickles minus the cucumbers, everyone always fights over the cauliflower and onions in sweet mixed pickles so I always omit them!! I will be happy in August and the house is roasting that it will be one less thing to can.
    We are off to LA and Palm springs soon, we haven't been away since Spain a few years ago and it is a company function so the trip is paid for except our Hotel for our extra week. The Blue Jays will be playing in Anaheim while we are there so we are going to three games which has been a dream of mine since I was I can remember. I am very excited!!
    It will be a sad day tomorrow, we have to put down our 14 year old lab, she is failing fast, I had her at the vet last week and we walked there with no problems and now she can barely go outside to relieve herself. They found a mass in her stomach and thought it was a tumor on her spleen which is common. She has been the best dog, so gentle and loving, she has never had table food but tonight she is going to have a venison steak and whatever else she wants, it will be tough to get over her loss.
    sorry to hear about your dog.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Thank you everyone for your virtual caring! Yes Lilo I have read Rainbow Bridge many times, it is a beautiful piece, thanks for the reminder I will send get it for my husband to read, he has been tearing up all evening. Going to be a long day tomorrow, my older kids and families came this evening to say their good byes, and several of my son's friends that grew up with Oprah ( that's her name) are coming at noon tomorrow to say their good byes.
    what a sweet name.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I hope your dh's surgery and recovery goes well.
    I hope so too. The only time Dh has had surgery with me around was when he had all of his problematic wisdom teeth removed at the same time, which was in about 2006. Anyway, this is an elective surgery. As much as he will need to be careful and heal up, I'll be caring for him and all of our children without help. It will be a long week, and I think that I will appreciate dh's help more once he is recovered.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I hope so too. The only time Dh has had surgery with me around was when he had all of his problematic wisdom teeth removed at the same time, which was in about 2006. Anyway, this is an elective surgery. As much as he will need to be careful and heal up, I'll be caring for him and all of our children without help. It will be a long week, and I think that I will appreciate dh's help more once he is recovered.
    Maybe DS1 can be Mommy's and Daddy's little helper for food delivery and snacks and laundry to put away. Then he gets to play.
    Please stay firm and say no to your brother if he wants to any favours during DH's recovery period. You have the household to run and you want to treat yourself to breaks when the kids are napping because you have your health to maintain (and the cats will be not humoured if they don't get fed on time).

Have all of you that rely on Air Miles Cash Miles seen today's blog post about Cash Miles redemptions in-store being stopped due to fraud activity? You can redeem for e-vouchers but like the PC Plus situation with stop on gift card purchases, AM has the same scenario for its cash redemptions. That means no Air Miles bonus AM for you if you want to redeem 285 AM this weekend at Rexall for their promotion.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This afternoon, I gave a flowerbed some raking time and some trimming-found lots of little spring flowers now ready for more sunshine under the leaves and other stems.

In other news, it seems Mom plans to do a spring trip solo. Sibling is not going. There seems to be more than what I was told (and he's not explaining) so I am glad I had my sweet hot chocolate today and did not get super vocal on the latest twist in the travel story. Nothing's booked of course...two weeks lost (sigh).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Maybe DS1 can be Mommy's and Daddy's little helper for food delivery and snacks and laundry to put away. Then he gets to play.
    Please stay firm and say no to your brother if he wants to any favours during DH's recovery period. You have the household to run and you want to treat yourself to breaks when the kids are napping because you have your health to maintain (and the cats will be not humoured if they don't get fed on time).
    Our son will be missing school on Wednesday because we are taking the entire family with us to Regina for dh's surgery, this way we avoid $100 for daycare for the day. Oddly enough, my brother has an elective surgery on the same day as dh's, so I don't expect any last minute requests from him. I actually managed to get a 1.5hr nap this afternoon. My leg was bothering me some yesterday, but today it is even worse. Dh's going to try to get me some extra sleep before his surgery, he'll have lots of time to sleep afterwards.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@thriftygranny : I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.

Finally called in to PC Plus about merging my card to my credit card. The first time I called, they told me to call at a time when DH was home (as I had used my married name). This time, I just needed a supervisor's approval but the call took nearly 40 minutes from beginning to end. During that time, DD1 cut herself badly enough on her Lego to need a bandage and Polysporin, DD2 had a blowout diaper change, and both shed a few tears.

And the people at work wonder why I never call in....

This week, DD2's birth certificate and SIN arrived. I'm surprised that the SIN was just a piece of paper and no longer the plastic card. I'm hoping the health card arrives next week. I think the deadline for being charged by the hospital is sometime this week.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am new to couponing and all this free sample stuff online. Any suggestions or tips will be highly appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks Frugalmama I didn't know there were new $1 Classico sauce coupons out again. I haven't been able to find those or regular Smuckers jam coupons in my community, both of which I'm looking to trade for.

Tonight's supper plan is chicken and mushroom Alfredo with speghittini. Today is dh's last day of work before he starts his two weeks of holidays. No travel plans and Dh will be recovering from surgery part of the time.
    We just read the coupons and they expire today!!! Glad I read it or I would be mad tomorrow trying to use it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We went to Wal-Mart this morning and bought a few necessities. We used $2.50 in coupons and a $5 CO51 offer for Pampers Swaddlers. Dh wanted to go out for lunch, we used my 10% discount card and there are some leftovers in the fridge. I have a second load of laundry on. I folded the two loads of laundry that were waiting.

Our son caught a cold and baby girl might also have it. Honey water for the cough and Vicks on their chests, our son had a long nap yesterday.

I'm making my list of things to try to do before dh's surgery, in hopes to make things a little easier during the first few days.

efit: I now have the 3rd load of laundry on. I now have a total of 3 loads of laundry folded and put away. I baked a pan of healthier monster cookie squares with baby girl in the high chair. She had a snack in her high chair and fell to sleep before the pan was in the oven.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Mar 25th, 2017 at 08:07 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I envy the Peel Region residents who can get cartlid pickup of their expired or depleted batteries-nice service if you cannot dispose of them at a local municipal centre or store!
    @Ciel : The battery pickup is only twice a year and they distribute the bags for them the week of your collection. Last year, I think there was only one organized person on the entire block who used it. It's much more convenient to use the community centers or the hardware stores unless you don't leave the house for six months (as I sheepishly raise my hand....).

We went to Wal-Mart this morning and bought a few necessities. We used $2.50 in coupons and a $5 CO51 offer for Pampers Swaddlers.
    I went out to WM this morning and totally missed that offer!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Sweet Sparrow The value of the Pampers offers depend on the individual account, I had lower value offers for Pampers cruisers and Swaddlers.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information