User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    127 (100%)

I Was Asked Tonight By CS At North Town LD.
    THey Will No Longer Be Accepting Couponers Who Are Stacking On Friday, Saturday & Sundays Due To The Over Ammout Of People Shopping Before Christmas.
    After Christmas Things Wuill Return To Normal.
    And She Said She WILL Send People Away.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Thanks! That's where I go.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well that`s just ridiculous! I think if you go right when they open, make sure you are really organized, keep your shopping trips small(ish), there shouldn`t be any problems. Consumers who choose to use coupons when they shop should not be discriminated against, just because the store isn`t prepared or staffed accordingly. Of course it`s busy, it`s the Christmas season. Good thing LD-WEM isn`t like that!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Stacking is a privilege, not a right. It is becoming harder and harder to do, so enjoy it while it lasts. The Sherwood Park location has asked the same. They have a totally legitimate reason as to why they are asking this. And I do not feel this is discriminatory of couponers - it makes sense for all involved.

Don't fight the hand that allows you to stack.
    pinkflowergirl86

RRLF most baby related coupons! PM me!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's not about not wanting to staff.

Part of the problem is school is finishing late this year as the last day for Edmonton Public is Dec.23. Plus university exams go til Dec.21. There is also a wicked cold/flu going around resulting in sick days.

So employers can not obtain as much seasonal staff as they would like.

Where our sons work they get frequent calls to come in above what they are booked. Our 15 yr old is already booked for Dec.24...and from Dec.26-30..and again on Jan.1.
    Last edited by Kelkens; Sun, Dec 11th, 2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: changed

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I don't see it being discriminatory, I see it as them asking us to work with them. I work Full time so the weekends are my only shopping time unless I go after the kids are in bed. I will go to LD after 8pm M-TH if I need to stack because that is what they have asked me to do. It is the same as how I won't try to return things on boxing Day because the stores have asked that I don't.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Thanks for the info!

aww
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask stackers to avoid certain busy holiday times during the Christmas season. As nice as it would be if every store was staffed by such wonderful and efficient customer service staff as WEM LD is, it's probably very unlikely.
    I already avoid the Fri/Sat/Sun at WEM LD just because the parking, larger crowds aren't worth my hassle - if I need to stack then I'll just drive over the 149 St. where it doesn't seem to be very busy.
    Ideally, it would be great if every store had both tils at Customer Service open - one specifically for couponers and another for returns/price adjustments/couponers (if not busy).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coolmum95 View Post
    Well that`s just ridiculous! I think if you go right when they open, make sure you are really organized, keep your shopping trips small(ish), there shouldn`t be any problems. Consumers who choose to use coupons when they shop should not be discriminated against, just because the store isn`t prepared or staffed accordingly. Of course it`s busy, it`s the Christmas season. Good thing LD-WEM isn`t like that!
    They haven't banned the use of coupons. They've just asked stackers to accept a small rule change for three weeks.

The average London Drug shopper might have two coupons in their entire order not 200.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I had the same experience there on Friday - The supervisor told me they dont accept them on fridays and give me three different excuses. And said it clearly states it on their website. So I searched their website coupon policy every where and I emailed the Head Office of London Drugs and they were out raged! No where does it state they wont accept coupons on certain days! I had an apology from the store manager, Pam, at the northtown location & was given a $25 gc for the hassle and BS I went through! I am outraged to hear that their cashiers are still saying this! I am so close to calling global trouble shooter, to find out why Cashiers at London Drugs are refusing to do their job and are refusing to check out people with coupons on friday thru monday. If they cant handle being in a working environment and having to serve everyone no matter if they have coupons or not - maybe its time them to hire new staff!!!!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Staffing issues, high volumes due to holidays shopping, I totally understand. I don't want cashiers to dread and fear couponers because let's face it, some of our deals ARE complicated. Why not be pleasant and benefit from a good experience on both sides?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Their corporate policy does not state it - and the store manager does not agree with it either! Refusing to checkout customers is not doing their jobs. I was flat out refused service. I was being completely pleasant with the supervisor until she became rude and ignorant with me! The store manager told me herself - that she absolutely loves having couponers come to the store no matter what day it is. The only request they have is not to clean out their shelves - which is reasonable. And that if you want big quantities to call ahead and pre-order. They are not allowed to refuse service because you are using coupons. That coming from the store manager, I have every right to be upset when their cashiers make up their own rules, sorry for that.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I was also told the same thing, and I am perfecty fine with it. I don't think it's unreasonable either, I can see why it would be hard to take care of me stacking while there are 10 other customers in line! I absolute love the customer service I get there (at north town). I want other customers to also get the same attention as me and not have to wait in line for long time because my stacking. so I will be going only when they are not as busy, I will also feel more relaxed myself, but that's just me
    Last edited by ilovemybabies; Sun, Dec 11th, 2011 at 02:46 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So much anger and rage over a coupon.

With the stockpiles that people have, there is always next months deals to look forward to.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Just so we are clear, Its not anger and rage over a coupon! Its when you get refused to be checked out on the only day of the week that you actually have time to go shopping! & i do not have a "stock pile" I was only picking up diapers and things for my child! When people are doing this to help provide for their families, they should not be refused service. But I guess its people who go and rob their shelves and what not that the cashiers get irritated with small time couponers. But whatever - I got my apology and I know, and have a email from the Head office of London drugs stating what the cashiers are saying is not allowed. I just thought I would give a little heads up to the people that are in the same situation as I am, And getting refused service, no matter what time of the year it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information