User Tag List

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Thank you. I did not know the details on this, but saw signs at the grocer. I will have to look into the pin and locking account the next email I get (mine go into "Promotions" file which I scan before deleting).

We take some garbage liberties. We figure if we cross a line the men have the right to leave the bag. We have never had one left. We have a canister (very LARGE). Usually only one bag goes in there. After a birthday or hosting or cleaning out the outside bin with diapers (very heavy), there is a second bag overflowing. It is still in the can, but poking out. They always take it. I should probably Tim Card our garbage men to say thanks sometime...
    They took it I usually don't have any issues with them leaving it behind but this was one of the times I didn't want the weak/stick to the book guy lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have to say April is a very expensive month for us-we both owe some income tax, car and house insurance comes due (including the newly licensed teen), I am having dental work done on Thursday and the car is having a major service on Monday. Good grief! Luckily we budget and save for all these things. I suppose when we pay tuition fees in Sept, April might seem like a bargain in comparison!

No other major trips planned at this point-just planning to drive and visit our friends in Saskatoon for Easter weekend. Confirmed that CPP received DD's paperwork to change payments from my name to her name next month when she turns 18. I also asked them how much I would receive at various ages and I think I will apply to receive next year as hopefully by spreading it out over more years I will be in a lower tax bracket and the govt will take less-one can hope anyway! DH is also going to apply for OAS next year although he will only get about 30% of the max as he moved to Canada as an older adult.

Will also miss the monthly Canada Child Tax benefit when it ends next month-along with some provincial child benefits which we were entitled to receive for DD. Anyway it was great to have them while they lasted to save in the RESP etc.

Now don't get me wrong, we are not running out of $ or anything like that- just realigning our budget over the next year as some income streams stop this year and new ones start next year-the ones that are ending were not taxable while the ones that are starting will be-such is life.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Tue, Apr 4th, 2017 at 05:41 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took the twins to visit a "Grandma" in town this morning. I've made arrangements to bring all the kids for a visit during Easter break. I went to Sobeys, but forgot to go to the health food store. I had to line up early for city Wide Registration early because it is very busy. I was 25min early and there were about 30 people ahead of me. I was about 10th in line to register our son for soccer.

Sobeys $118.59 oop.
    My digital offers didn't work, so they are crediting me 21AM.
    107AM earned
    $26 that my neighbour is paying me for. She is a single mom of 4 and currently has a bad lung infection, so I offered to pick some stuff up for her.
    $25.55 discounts, special offers, 10% off
    redeemed 2 rain checks
    $22.07 in coupons
    $2 back from CO51

Sample Source FPC for ancient grains pasta $1.99 - FPC - 10% off - $1 CO51 = + $1.19 to take home a box of speghittini

I got great stuff in the mail today. Sample Source box, $10 Pampers diapers coupon (from redeeming rewards points), $27 cheque from CO51. I found a CO-OP contest ticket in the Sobeys parking lot.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Apr 4th, 2017 at 11:46 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went to Costco and only spent $25 - my secret is to not take a shopping cart, otherwise everything looks good to me. Returned some library books and dvds and started pulling summer clothes for my vacation next week in Cuba. A robin is making a nest just outside of my kitchen window
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Apr 4th, 2017 at 09:32 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Beautiful sunny day here today. We are taking a road trip afterwork to an out of town CT for a deal on a Gazebo (Clearance!) My man is off today and has a fancy dinner planned that is a "surprise" and will have it ready for when I am finished work so we can eat and run.
    I was good and did laundry last night and put most of it away. Will put a load of bedding on this evening and hang it overnight to dry. My teen had no socks but I was able to make 5 pairs from the odds and ends bag. I know I have tossed many lately as I see them with holes so I guess I should grab some soon for him.
    Love how empty my fridge is getting but yet we still have lots to eat. I cut up a banana, toasted an English muffin with OJ for the youngest for breakfast. We have watermelon in our lunch (from the other day when RCSS had spend $20 get 4000 PC PTS) It is really red and juicy. Was one of the mini watermelons.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Got the only pair of shoes in my size as the other two from last fall were sold (smaller sizes existed). Learning from not having gone to store in Jan-will make the shoe store my first stop on July 10 too when OTB comes in so I can check to see what's in.
    We walked (Mom came along) back to South Hamilton Square as we were on the wrong side for buses or timing was off. Popped into Fabricland for ballot (birthday draw this month!) and flyer before taking bus home on same transfer.

It was a surprise to swipe my debit card and not have to press any buttons (it has tap feature but I did not tap) to zip my purchase to approved.

Will do some walks for containers this week to build up May & June bank fees asap. Will budget July HST to cover most of bank fees for 2017 and early 2018. It looks like rain is waiting for a signal to fall this afternoon-have to return some library item.

Fortinos customers-most of the ptsextravangza coupons expire today-the Eggo one expires in June and there is one for Sept. But Pepsi mini-cans expire today. Clear out your coupons otherwise if you won't be using them.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Got the only pair of shoes in my size as the other two from last fall were sold (smaller sizes existed). Learning from not having gone to store in Jan-will make the shoe store my first stop on July 10 too when OTB comes in so I can check to see what's in.
    We walked (Mom came along) back to South Hamilton Square as we were on the wrong side for buses or timing was off. Popped into Fabricland for ballot (birthday draw this month!) and flyer before taking bus home on same transfer.

It was a surprise to swipe my debit card and not have to press any buttons (it has tap feature but I did not tap) to zip my purchase to approved.

Will do some walks for containers this week to build up May & June bank fees asap. Will budget July HST to cover most of bank fees for 2017 and early 2018. It looks like rain is waiting for a signal to fall this afternoon-have to return some library item.

Fortinos customers-most of the ptsextravangza coupons expire today-the Eggo one expires in June and there is one for Sept. But Pepsi mini-cans expire today. Clear out your coupons otherwise if you won't be using them.
    Why pay bank fees? There are many banks that offer free banking. Tangerine. PC Financial etc.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You took the words right out of my mouth FBM-we refuse to pay bank fees too!!

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Thank you. I did not know the details on this, but saw signs at the grocer. I will have to look into the pin and locking account the next email I get (mine go into "Promotions" file which I scan before deleting).

We take some garbage liberties. We figure if we cross a line the men have the right to leave the bag. We have never had one left. We have a canister (very LARGE). Usually only one bag goes in there. After a birthday or hosting or cleaning out the outside bin with diapers (very heavy), there is a second bag overflowing. It is still in the can, but poking out. They always take it. I should probably Tim Card our garbage men to say thanks sometime...
    My Mom always puts out two boxes of Pot of Gold Chocolates and a really nice card every year before Christmas on top of her garbage bins. The guys always wave at her sitting in her front window, as being Scottish, she watches to make sure no one else takes the chocolates. LOL. She has been doing this for as long as I can remember On windy days the guys even put her lid underneath. Really nice hard working guys.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Afternoon everyone Just on a break so thought I would pop in here and take a quick peek Did that the other day, printed off 4 Dove coupons that I didn't know about and picked up 4 bottles of Free Shampoo and Conditioner at Shoppers last night on the way home. Love when OP on here are so kind and post great coupons like this. Well, I'd better giddy up, drink my coffee and head back. Have an amazing day everyone

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

Dh has had a really bad headache since Saturday, he's now been off work for 3 days BUT back to work tomorrow.

He stayed home today to be cautious and felt much better so he took me to SDM (I had spend $30 get 15x which suited me well as I needed a ton of staples. Then off to Home hardware to get seeds for the garden (purple & yellow beans as well as snow peas).

Dishes are done and hung 2 loads of laundry in the house to dry.

I need to take something out for tomorrow's supper, need to check my menu plan if I can find it (lol).

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I cut up that big pork loin late this afternoon. I fried the pork chunks, made a fruit sauce in a separate pan, rice, and baby carrots for supper. I have two small pork roasts slowly cooking in the oven. I have 8 pork steaks in the fridge. I might cook them for supper tomorrow night, with a mushroom sauce, steamed veggies, and leftover rice.

Dh had his 1wk checkup with our local GP. He is a good doctor, but not gentle. Dh has been in some extra pain since that appointment, but things are healing up.

I have a drntal cleaning tomorrow, with the regular lady that I like. My last cleaning was in August. I'm concerned about my sinus and jaw pain, plus there is a small filling on my front tooth that looks like it might need to be redone.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you like Johnsonville sausages ... Metro has them on sale this coming week for $3.49. Price match at FreshCo and add a $1.00 Coupgon to make it $2.48. For me a good deal.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

MMM dinner last night that my honey slaved on all day long- Homemade Potato and bacon soup with yummy toasted chicken/bacon/cheese/lettuce sandwiches on the fanciest bread. He always gives me way too much so I had 1/2 a sandwich and a bit of soup. So today's lunch is yummy leftovers!

Picked up the gazebo last night and found a dimmer switch for 1/2 the regular price so happy we can finally replace the one on the dining room (it was old and cracked apart).

Rain and dark day here today. May as well work! Tonight I am getting on the housework/laundry so I can enjoy the weekend away.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

It seems that I have a head cold, oh well.

Supper tonight is either hamburgers or tacos, I'll let the oldest decide when he gets home.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information