User Tag List

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is chicken stir-fry. I said lets just keep it simple but he wants to cook lol. Leftovers for work lunch tomorrow. We added another night away so leaving tomorrow for 3 hotel nights now Can't wait. Will pack my gym stuff so I can work out then hot tub

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My dental appointment went ok, but my mouth is sore. The dentist stopped in to check that filling on my front tooth, he did the filling 12 years ago. He recommended redoing it just to be sure. There are no appointment slots available until June 21, so I tentatively booked it.

edit: My mouth is more sore than it was after my last couple of dental cleanings. I took 2 extra strength Tylenol and had a 1.5hr nap. I was up with our twins from 1:30-5:00 last night, so I was already tired.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Apr 6th, 2017 at 06:16 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Today is our last full day in Hawaii, we fly out tomorrow just after 9 pm. My step mom was able to book the condo for another night the cost of doing this is equal to meal out to feed 6 of us, if we did not add the extra night we have had to eat 2 meals out tomorrow well we waited for our flights. This is also great news as I am sick, I came down with a head cold well we were here and I have been fighting to keep it off my chest. Also my one brother has suffered a minor concussion, not 100% sure what happened here as I was at the Pool when it happened but in the hot tub on the other side of the pool area and did not see or hear anything until his gf came over to say we needed to go back to the room. Not sure it was his best birthday as he got to spend in it urgent care waiting to be checked out but the good news is he has been cleared to fly home tomorrow night.

It has become quite clear to me that me and siblings definitely all live different lifestyles. The amount of shopping they have done, all I can say is WOW. Not to mention pretty much every time we go out we have to stop here and there for various "treats" at times even after we have just eaten or are heading back to eat. I think I might have a panic attack to know how much some have spent on this trip.

It looks like within the next 5 months all of my siblings should be out on their own. My sister got an apartment closer to her work and moves in May 1st which is great for her as I know the commute right now is killing her. One bro and his gf will be looking at places when we get back and are also hoping to move in May 1st. Other bro purchased a condo last year which still needs to be built but he is supposed to move in, in September and has announced his gf will be moving in with him. It will be interesting to see how this all effects them and how they take budgeting. I know some of them laugh at me but after talking with them I am happy where I am as my mortgage is much cheaper then their rents, my sister rent is going to be 3 times what my mortgage is.

Alright well I better get back to work with everything that happened yesterday I did not get on my laptop and I see a few customers are waiting on answers from me. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sobey's shoppers-the flyer will change to Thursday start next week!
    @Frugalbigmama and @lizzie bargain -since I don't have employment and I need a place to bank coins and the rare bill, I need counter service at a bank plus a passbook. I'm not near the mall's credit union with a coin counter (free unless it changed to members only). I have thought of online banking but that is not feasible for me unless I win a huge lottery jackpot (and I don't play those games too often). I'm finding it hard to locate branches with passbook updaters-one location no longer has theirs and I will check the Meadowlands to see if their ATM still have them because otherwise I have to ask a teller to update my book.

Speaking of banking, I deposited the $20 I found (inspired by reading other SCers' money finds plus my thinking "it's not like I have a $20 bill" while pondering an item I'd like to buy-then minutes later, containers and cash) while walking one side of a road I never did before last night. April-June bank fees are covered. Looking ahead, I worked out numbers for eye appt.,possible lens' change in my current eyewear and another pair of shoes. I'll only have $15 and change left over, if prices have not changed. The July HST amount would then only cover 2 months and most of Sept. after all three charges.

One piece of equipment at home keeps hanging up the Internet on my laptop. To keep peace at home (because I don't like sibling's comments nor options and he does not like my resetting the darn thing), I've announced I'm not needing that connection-I'll surf elsewhere. He's fine with that. My wishlist for electronics is growing.

Last night, I cooked and mashed the last of the mini potatoes and parsnips for supper (coconut oil really does give a buttery feel to the finished dish). Longos will have 2 bags of the minis for $5-will see if Mom wants them for next week or prefers that I get a bag of big potatoes and use them instead-starting tomorrow.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

oops-double post.
    @SassyAshley -glad you are much better on this trip than last time. You certainly got a front-row seat to money and family. I hope the two siblings with gfs moving in have worked out cohabitation agreements or it will be sticky when things go sour. One year together equals common law spouses but not necessarily property rights.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Apr 6th, 2017 at 05:34 PM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Sobey's shoppers-the flyer will change to Thursday start next week!
    @Frugalbigmama and @lizziebargain -since I don't have employment and I need a place to bank coins and the rare bill, I need counter service at a bank plus a passbook.
    @Ciel : I've been pondering this dilemma myself. I have a super old CIBC account that has no fees and I never use unless it's to deposit change. I've found my local Fortinos to be very accommodating whenever I can get $5 in change together, which might be once a season at best. Then I deposit it in the PC Financial ATM.

Pondering whether to make a lemon loaf for my birthday. It sounds lovely, but I see 3 cups of sugar in it, which sounds insane. One cup for the cake, one for the icing, and one for the syrup reduction to infuse the moisture. I feel like I should just be ingesting the sugar straight from the bag at that rate! The cake is only a tiny loaf. Seems like there will be more sugar than the volume of the cake!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

*deleted double post*
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Sat, Apr 8th, 2017 at 02:02 AM.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Well we are experiencing winter today. Appreciate parking in the garage on days like this. My co-worker said her car was covered in ice.
    I packed my bag this morning. Will run home afterwork and change and then hit the road since we are taking 2 cars and I would rather drive in the daylight.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our local Salvation Army posted a one day bag sale for today for $15. $5 went straight to one of their missions. I'm very happy with what I got.
    1x pair of fancy jeans for me
    2x pairs of long shorts/capris for me
    2x dress shirts for dh
    2x t-shirts for dh
    1x jeans for dh
    1x t-shirt for our son to grow into
    1x shirts for our son
    1x sun hat for baby boy, but it's a bit small on him
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to No Frills for the steak sale. My man is picky but said he liked this cut so I bought 4 family packages and have them wrapped and in the freezer. Will rotate the freezer one day next week so we are using up older stuff 1st as per my plan.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Sweets parrow-go for the cake and syrup infusion and skip the icing! Sweet day for your birthday (it's warming up outside too)! Your brain will thank you for that special occasion treat.

Last night I got home after 7pm and it was raining. 25min later, wet snow. Of course after supper I go to Longos to get their Haagen Daaz Spirit ice cream special (still good after 8pm) at $4.99 and some reduced price produce (pomegranate abrils were awesome this morning while waiting for breakfast to heat in the toaster oven).

Rexall has flavoured Clover Leaf tuna (small cans) for 99 cents so purchased two cans today for next week. Mom and I talked about baking for next week (I see three warm days coming along) and she wants me to make raisin bread (I don't want to make it, but do have the golden raisins from last week's shopping). I know I'll need eggs for the loaf, chiffon cake and spelt brownies (going to use semi-sweet Bakers chocolate on hand instead of buying a dark choc. bar)-will try to get the $1.77 eggs at Shoppers tomorrow morning (bright and early). Any eggs left over will likely get used for dyeing just to have a few coloured eggs on hand. I want some kind of Easter decor (sewn or from paper) so will see what I can do. Did see mention of a paper Easter basket made from 4 paper grocery bags-clever if you have the paper for it-in today's Spectator paper.

https://liagriffith.com/upcycled-lar...easter-basket/

Saw this article about an Arizona couple that are hair stylists on a budget and how they are making their money stretch. http://www.thespec.com/living-story/...-at-his-mom-s/

Healthier Easter basket ideas when you don't want to give a basket of candies to kids:
    http://www.thespec.com/living-story/...easter-basket/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

double post (sluggish upload speed at the college).
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Ciel: I've been pondering this dilemma myself. I have a super old CIBC account that has no fees and I never use unless it's to deposit change. I've found my local Fortinos to be very accommodating whenever I can get $5 in change together, which might be once a season at best. Then I deposit it in the PC Financial ATM.

Pondering whether to make a lemon loaf for my birthday. It sounds lovely, but I see 3 cups of sugar in it, which sounds insane. One cup for the cake, one for the icing, and one for the syrup reduction to infuse the moisture. I feel like I should just be ingesting the sugar straight from the bag at that rate! The cake is only a tiny loaf. Seems like there will be more sugar than the volume of the cake!

Happy Birthday Sweet Sparrow!! Hope you have wonderful day .. Take good care yourself
    Name:  IMG_1200.JPG
Views: 186
Size:  36.9 KB
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Sweets parrow-go for the cake and syrup infusion and skip the icing! Sweet day for your birthday (it's warming up outside too)! Your brain will thank you for that special occasion treat.

Last night I got home after 7pm and it was raining. 25min later, wet snow. Of course after supper I go to Longos to get their Haagen Daaz Spirit ice cream special (still good after 8pm) at $4.99 and some reduced price produce (pomegranate abrils were awesome this morning while waiting for breakfast to heat in the toaster oven).

Rexall has flavoured Clover Leaf tuna (small cans) for 99 cents so purchased two cans today for next week. Mom and I talked about baking for next week (I see three warm days coming along) and she wants me to make raisin bread (I don't want to make it, but do have the golden raisins from last week's shopping). I know I'll need eggs for the loaf, chiffon cake and spelt brownies (going to use semi-sweet Bakers chocolate on hand instead of buying a dark choc. bar)-will try to get the $1.77 eggs at Shoppers tomorrow morning (bright and early). Any eggs left over will likely get used for dyeing just to have a few coloured eggs on hand. I want some kind of Easter decor (sewn or from paper) so will see what I can do. Did see mention of a paper Easter basket made from 4 paper grocery bags-clever if you have the paper for it-in today's Spectator paper.

https://liagriffith.com/upcycled-lar...easter-basket/

Saw this article about an Arizona couple that are hair stylists on a budget and how they are making their money stretch. http://www.thespec.com/living-story/...-at-his-mom-s/

Healthier Easter basket ideas when you don't want to give a basket of candies to kids:
    http://www.thespec.com/living-story/...easter-basket/
    Living with his mom rent free. Not really a "budget" tip lol

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information