User Tag List

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Turned out even better! FreshCo had them on non-advertised price of $3.00 ... so less $1.00 a total of $2.00 for a yummy breakfast on the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    If you like Johnsonville sausages ... Metro has them on sale this coming week for $3.49. Price match at FreshCo and add a $1.00 Coupgon to make it $2.48. For me a good deal.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

But did you read how much the hair stylist parents paid for their son's surgery? $20K is serious money. I'm sure the elder parent gets free hairstyling sessions/treatments as part of the arrangement.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -you definitely bagged a clothing deal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

oops-double post
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Apr 8th, 2017 at 04:38 PM.
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did not know this was all related to my sausage purchase!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    But did you read how much the hair stylist parents paid for their son's surgery? $20K is serious money. I'm sure the elder parent gets free hairstyling sessions/treatments as part of the arrangement.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Twins got up at 5am, so I've been up since then.
    2 loads of laundry done, not yet put away.
    Twins down for nap, took son with me to Salvation Army. I found a nickle in the change room.
    Participated in a library event, then we went out to a new Asian restaurant for lunch.
    22C today with little wind, so I pulled out the water play table for the first time this year. The kids had a blast. Dh bathed the twins to get them cleaned up. They were worn out, so they are currently napping. Dh took our son to Tim's, I gave him a winning cup to redeem. Dh is continuing to improve. Today he tried being without pain meds, but it was wearing on him. I wanted a nap, but I don't want our twins to oversleep, so I'll need to wake them up. I'll need to do some baking tonight. We have a busy day again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Apr 7th, 2017 at 08:00 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweet sparrow happy birthday
    took Ashlyn to mcdonalds for a treat today ,used a coupon for papa and I (egg mcmuffins ) she had pancakes ,mind you it was fun she got to play with a little girl in the playground for awhile ,gonna babysit Sebastian on sat in the daytime so daughter and her hubby can go out for lunch and a movie

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Thank you for the birthday wishes. LO made me a card with pink and blue sparkles, I ate frozen yogurt, and DH brought me flowers from the Fortinos. I mentioned that flowers were on sale at FreshCo, but he thought I said Fortinos. An extra $4.60 spent, but I have two beautiful bunches of tulips and they look quite pretty. I'm thinking of putting together a seasonal wish list of things I would like for each occasion so DH doesn't overspend by too much. The tulips were miles better than the $45 bunch of Valentines flowers, so the next goal will be to get DH to get a plant instead of cut flowers.

Tomorrow, we will be ordering takeout to celebrate. I'm undecided between Chinese and Japanese. I've had a craving for sushi for 4.5 years now, but don't want to put LO off it for another number of years. I'll be a closet sushi eater since DH doesn't like it, but LO is curious. I did have a salmon roll once, but she couldn't get past the seaweed wrap.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I forgot to tag @Frugalbigmama about my reply concerning the surgery on the hairstylists' son.

How were the sausages?
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

double post-noticed issues with uploading from library on Sat.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Apr 10th, 2017 at 11:23 AM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow Happy birthday
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow Happy birthday
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-watched sebastian yesterday -so much fun his cooing and crawling backwards and 360 degree turns on the floor -lol-he went down for both naps no problem for this nana-mind you I was feeling really tired but hubby was there too
    -well went to bed at 8.30 last night and today have a head cold (my daughter said mom are you imagining stuff like yesterday when I said I was a bit tired) nope I feel it is from watching a toddler in daycare
    -I didn't even realize easter was next weekend -I thought it was 2 weeks away -resting today

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

happy birthday Sweet Sparrow
    busy day here today. I have been spending my Saturdays at my parents working on their stuff as they are getting ready to sell. So that means Sunday is busy around here. Its 3 hour drive round trip so by the time I get home I am tired. I did a huge grocery shop today and went to SDM for the 1st time in ages and earned 8000 points that was nice. I was also able to submit 5.50 to check out 51, so now I can cash out. Funny how excited that $20.00 makes me.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know what you mean lilo-I liked spending $20 in airmiles at Sobeys the other day-free food is always good. DH and I did a Costco run this a.m. to pick up a few things. Even though it is usually pretty quick if you get in and out first thing- today was busy. Must be because of Easter next weekend and everyone is stocking up.

On Friday I received contact details for my daughter's birth mother. Six months after DD turns 18 next month, her birth family can receive identifying info about her so we thought we would pre-empt that as we expect her to be away at school next year and she didn't want to be caught off guard there.

Anyway DD is not in a particular hurry to meet( what with grad and final exams and making a decision which university to attend on her plate right now) but I will phone the Mum soon to ask for more family medical info etc. Anyway a meeting between the two of them will only happen if and when my daughter is ready. We have had some ongoing contact( birthday cards, photos etc) through post adoption registry.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information