User Tag List

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well got my turkey today =free with my p.c points -gotta love the free food right ladies ,its a p.c butterball turkey never have had one before but hey it was 41 something and used 50.00 worth of points along with a few fruits and applejuice/cranberry juice
    hung a load of laundry on the line almost dry and just lying around -supper will be eggs and peameal bacon easy as I don't feel like cooking

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Belated Birthday Sweet Sparrow
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Super slow down around here, I am officially jet legged from the time zone changes. Not sure if it is the jet leg or change in weather from Hawaii to here but my cold seems to be back. I am not sure why but I am extremely light headed, I noticed it in Hawaii but thought it was the altitude changes, even just driving around the Island you feel it.

I am going to have to see how I feel tomorrow as right now I do not feel I can safely drive, right now I am having issues just going up and down the stairs at home.

I am trying to get some laundry done, I won't be able to do all of the laundry as I am out of room to hang things up. So I have done what I can and the rest I will have to try to get done during the week. I did manage to unpack everything and get the suitcase put away but that is about all I will accomplish today.

I need to try to sort everything out for work, I know I am behind but I need to sort through my emails and right myself a to do list or I know I will miss something.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    happy birthday Sweet Sparrow
    busy day here today. I have been spending my Saturdays at my parents working on their stuff as they are getting ready to sell. So that means Sunday is busy around here. Its 3 hour drive round trip so by the time I get home I am tired. I did a huge grocery shop today and went to SDM for the 1st time in ages and earned 8000 points that was nice. I was also able to submit 5.50 to check out 51, so now I can cash out. Funny how excited that $20.00 makes me.
    Very kind of you to help your parents go through their stuff and you probably have a good idea of what items can be listed for sale.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well got my turkey today =free with my p.c points -gotta love the free food right ladies ,its a p.c butterball turkey never have had one before but hey it was 41 something and used 50.00 worth of points along with a few fruits and applejuice/cranberry juice
    hung a load of laundry on the line almost dry and just lying around -supper will be eggs and peameal bacon easy as I don't feel like cooking
    I've cooked their stuffed turkey (pc brand) and it's very tasty

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Super slow down around here, I am officially jet legged from the time zone changes. Not sure if it is the jet leg or change in weather from Hawaii to here but my cold seems to be back. I am not sure why but I am extremely light headed, I noticed it in Hawaii but thought it was the altitude changes, even just driving around the Island you feel it.

I am going to have to see how I feel tomorrow as right now I do not feel I can safely drive, right now I am having issues just going up and down the stairs at home.

I am trying to get some laundry done, I won't be able to do all of the laundry as I am out of room to hang things up. So I have done what I can and the rest I will have to try to get done during the week. I did manage to unpack everything and get the suitcase put away but that is about all I will accomplish today.

I need to try to sort everything out for work, I know I am behind but I need to sort through my emails and right myself a to do list or I know I will miss something.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    take care of yourself

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I know what you mean lilo-I liked spending $20 in airmiles at Sobeys the other day-free food is always good. DH and I did a Costco run this a.m. to pick up a few things. Even though it is usually pretty quick if you get in and out first thing- today was busy. Must be because of Easter next weekend and everyone is stocking up.

On Friday I received contact details for my daughter's birth mother. Six months after DD turns 18 next month, her birth family can receive identifying info about her so we thought we would pre-empt that as we expect her to be away at school next year and she didn't want to be caught off guard there.

Anyway DD is not in a particular hurry to meet( what with grad and final exams and making a decision which university to attend on her plate right now) but I will phone the Mum soon to ask for more family medical info etc. Anyway a meeting between the two of them will only happen if and when my daughter is ready. We have had some ongoing contact( birthday cards, photos etc) through post adoption registry.
    Definitely a good idea to get medical history for sure. If you call from a land line, however, she will have your number to call back, so perhaps block your number if you don't want to be contacted until your daughter is ready.

How old was your dd when you adopted her? if you don't mind my asking

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Supper tonight was bbq chicken drumsticks, homemade dumplings, homemade gravy.

I may spend some time this week painting the door trim so that it can be put up next weekend.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hi friends

Responded to an ISO ad for cloth diaper wet bags...made $10. Responded to another for an exersaucer, my ad was $25 and she offered me $20. I am sticking to $25 as all the other respondents were $30+. We will see. I am confident I can get $25 and it is top of the line!

It is nice not even having to post! Just responding to what people need!

Got the older girls spring coats on clearance at Giant Tiger...$7 each. Everywhere I have looked are about $30 and no lining (no second hand finds either). These ones had lining. Bought two at current sizes and one size up for next year. Because of my savings I let each girl pick out a $5 "Easter" dress from the cotton dress rack. They were over the moon.

I also bought teacher's gifts for end of the year. Mabel's Labels (a local label company) had a 40% off selected items sale. I bought tons of labels as gifts. I even bought another pack for myself! for $12 rather than $20, a great gift.

My Easter baskets are done too. Filled with my clearance Valentine's chocolate. I also bought hats for the summer using a Wal-Mart return for a pair of pants my daughter received for her birthday which I know she wouldn't wear. I did a no receipt exchange because the brand was George and put the credit toward hats for the Easter basket...she is still at an age where she didn't miss them!
    Last edited by Granger; Sun, Apr 9th, 2017 at 09:52 PM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have one large load of laundry in the dryer, dishes are done. I baked 9 individual cheesecakes, one cheesecake with chocolate cracker crust, oatmeal fruit bars, and baked the meat for tonight's and tomorrow's supper. I took our son with me to No Frills. Spent $51, used $10 in coupons on tp, earned 1,750pts.

Dh heads back to work tomorrow. His surgery didn't go as planned, the surgeon said he had to change the location of the incision, etc., but neither Dh nor I know why. Dh was supposed to be all healed up by now, but he's not quite there yet. He's still taking some over the counter pain medications, but goes without part of the time. He'll take a bottle to work with him tomorrow. Dh knows that he needs to take it easy at work.

I've asked Dh to check his work schedule so that we know what days they are closed for Easter. We plan on staying home for Easter this year. I'll invite my younger sister to visit, she might be able to come visit for a day. We plan on attending my family reunion Canada weekend, my mom's side of the family.

edit: I folded two large loads of laundry after the kids went to bed. Kids clothes are waiting in the baskets to be put away tomorrow, everything else has been put away.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Apr 10th, 2017 at 01:12 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Up early, & soon off to the annual tune-up at the hospital.

It seems every time life starts to get happy again, a little bit of sorrow comes along to dampen the mood. Or maybe I'm blessed with the happy moments to brighten the sad days?

First, the good. I had a chance to see some high quality theatre (The Bodyguard - better than the movie & a feast for the ears for those who LOVE Whitney Houston songs, Spoon River - a new revamped version - not sure I love this version, think I've spent too much time listening to the previous soundtrack that I'm in love with ). I also got to meet my new whippet girl neighbour, talk about a cutie. Highlight was watching equine reenactors at Fort York, showing off the skills of the war horses of the First World War (the humans were also very good ) as part of the Vimy celebrations.

Now, for the bad. Yesterday morning, Lily dog & I were out for our morning walk & found an injured kitty. The fact she barely flinched when Lily dog went past (& that Lily did not acknowledge the cat) told me things were dire. I took my girl home, called for help (useless beaurocrats, won't go into it, but there will be a complaint put in with the city), & went back to keep her company cause I didn't want her to die alone in the cold. A neighbour happened by within 10 minutes, thankfully she had a wagon & we got her to the one place in the hood with a vet that was open on a Sunday. In light of the day & given her struggles, I named her Vimy. At least she is not in pain any more. I only knew her for an hour, but the sweet little tortie made quite an impact on me. Going to think about her for a long time.

Better get myself ready to go get poked and prodded at the hospital. Also have to make breakfast for the sleepyheads (I'm not allowed to eat, good thing I'm not fond of kibble ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A wonderful start to the weather day here. Hope all have a very pleasant week! Off to Sbux for coffees!
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Very kind of you to help your parents go through their stuff and you probably have a good idea of what items can be listed for sale.
    both my brother and I joined several of the local (to my parents) buy and sell group. so having a bit of stuff sell has encouraged them to sell more and that helps. But I will be so glad once its done because my FB is just all selling groups. I sold a pair of headphone for my teen on the weekend and he was very happy to have the sale. I am working at home and had a pick up today. I have a few things to list as well so may do that at lunch.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-she was 4.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Andit -what a comforting human you were to the cat in need, Andit! Maybe an angel knew you were coming that way. Great timing by your neighbor to come by and get the cat to the vet. Hugs to you for your heart! Wishing you a very blingy and shiny Monday - get some sunshine after you are done with your appointment.
    @lilo0003 -it's a treat to read of siblings and parents working in synchronicity on the move preparations! The Internet is truly expediting the process of letting things go. More ways to consider staging the house when it's time to list it.
    @jasperandchar -do you get a chance to enjoy the outdoors today in between reno tasks? Deck time is definitely accrued!
    @lizzie _bargain -very thoughtful relationship guidance provided by you and in discussion with your DD. Do you and DH need any counseling or a workshop to help you anticipate the coming contact with DD's birth family?
    @sassy _Ashley- welcome back! You unpacked and did laundry? Good habits are hard to let entirely go.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information