User Tag List

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Andit -what a comforting human you were to the cat in need, Andit! Maybe an angel knew you were coming that way. Great timing by your neighbor to come by and get the cat to the vet. Hugs to you for your heart! Wishing you a very blingy and shiny Monday - get some sunshine after you are done with your appointment.
    @lilo0003 -it's a treat to read of siblings and parents working in synchronicity on the move preparations! The Internet is truly expediting the process of letting things go. More ways to consider staging the house when it's time to list it.
    @jasperandchar -do you get a chance to enjoy the outdoors today in between reno tasks? Deck time is definitely accrued!
    @lizzie _bargain -very thoughtful relationship guidance provided by you and in discussion with your DD. Do you and DH need any counseling or a workshop to help you anticipate the coming contact with DD's birth family?
    @sassy _Ashley- welcome back! You unpacked and did laundry? Good habits are hard to let entirely go.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -whew, you got through DH's recovery time! Delighted that the outdoor water table play kept the children entertained. Must reward yourself with some fun this week before the holiday weekend. Look for opportunities.
    @Coupon_girl -turkey meal deal with program rewards! Super timing for Easter.

The current plan for Easter baking is to do it on Wed/Thurs when it's to be 10C each day. I may dye about 6 eggs just to have a few for the table. I asked Mom to scale down any big soup or meal plans and keep it simple so that she can enjoy her upcoming trip without doing heavy dish lifting this week. She's getting a haircut this week and I have not pushed for any other trip preparation information as it is not forthcoming usually.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -whew, you got through DH's recovery time! Delighted that the outdoor water table play kept the children entertained. Must reward yourself with some fun this week before the holiday weekend. Look for opportunities.
    @Coupon_girl -turkey meal deal with program rewards! Super timing for Easter.

The current plan for Easter baking is to do it on Wed/Thurs when it's to be 10C each day. I may dye about 6 eggs just to have a few for the table. I asked Mom to scale down any big soup or meal plans and keep it simple so that she can enjoy her upcoming trip without doing heavy dish lifting this week. She's getting a haircut this week and I have not pushed for any other trip preparation information as it is not forthcoming usually.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    J and C-she was 4.
    such a precious age
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit you are very kind to have nurture that poor cat and brought him to the vet for medical attention

____________________-

Supper today was pork chops on the bbq, leftover homemade dumplings and muffins for dessert.

I washed a load of laundry and hung to dry in the house but I will get dh to take measurements tomorrow evening so he can pickup clotheline stuff on his way home this week and install this coming weekend.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit you are very kind to have nurture that poor cat and brought him to the vet for medical attention

____________________-

Supper today was pork chops on the bbq, leftover homemade dumplings and muffins for dessert.

I washed a load of laundry and hung to dry in the house but I will get dh to take measurements tomorrow evening so he can pickup clotheline stuff on his way home this week and install this coming weekend.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

On the weekend, did basic shopping - however, no ham that I wanted - they said they would have them today. So that, plus more specific shopping for Easter cooking/baking.

Take care, everyone!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Realized that Baker's chocolate is now in two tablets per box, not 8 wrapped squares as before. I was separating pieces today to set aside 6oz for the brownies I'll make tomorrow or on Thursday. I also checked over and soaked/rinsed a generous cup of golden raisins for the raisin bread so I won't have to do that step tomorrow (plan is to make the loaf first as the risings are what give the braided loaf the size along with an egg wash and this process will take the morning).

My umbrella refused to hold up without a second hand during the light rains and two minute downpour. Then later, the darn handle mechanism was working fine. Go figure. Just over 3 months old-some white cords at top were visible when I had the same problem last week so I know something is out of sorts in the handle.

I did manage to buy ice cream cups for the ice cream I already have set aside for Easter as well. I also obtained a Pepsi Next single serve bottle (only realizing its best before date was yesterday as I was about to sip it)-it still has a slight aftertaste but it is less noticeable than the original launch of the product about 2-3 years ago.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day! We were tired from out 3 nights away so Chinese was dinner last night lol. So I have leftovers for my lunch today which is nice. Grandma folded all my laundry that was in the dryer when she was checking on house etc So I just need to put it away tonight. I will put a load on tonight to keep up on it.

Purchased a few items for the boys for Easter last night and think I am done. Dinner with family is Friday. We are bringing scallop potatoes. Will see what else we can bring.

I have 4 birthdays in June. Pretty sure I am done my niece so thinking I will wrap her gifts tonight so they are out of the way. Will work on the other 3 in the next 2 weeks so I am done

I have tons of new in package kids items to sell so will post tonight since some would make great Easter gifts. I think I am going to make my dining room into my "selling room" for the next while. The nice weather is here and we will be outside more often now and enjoy dinner out there. I just need to get my house organized and have tons of stuff to sell and add the $$ to my "crap sold jar". I start tonight full throttle!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week and get what you need for the long weekend before all the crowds take over.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

So exersaucer-lady did not like my standing firm on $25. Another time another buyer. Did another ISO. $2 for a halloween top hat for a bachelor party. We will be in the same place tonight by chance and can do the exchange!
    @Frugalbigmama full throttle, I hope you reap rewards. My selling goes in spurts. I am in a spurt of sales and love it!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

So exersaucer-lady did not like my standing firm on $25. Another time another buyer. Did another ISO. $2 for a halloween top hat for a bachelor party. We will be in the same place tonight by chance and can do the exchange!
    @Frugalbigmama full throttle, I hope you reap rewards. My selling goes in spurts. I am in a spurt of sales and love it!
    Angela273 likes this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Me too but it has been a long not selling spurt. Need to get back at it! I am having a garage sale some time this year but can make more selling online so that is why I need to get at it!
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

babysat today took Ashlyn to mall and got a credit of 21.48 on my top I bought at the bay last week on sale now -then treated her to a smoothie at mcdonalds as she was really good
    -feeling a lot better today so took her outside this afternoon and she cried when I said we have to go in now -gorgeous day here today
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight we are making homemade pizza for dinner.

We have 2 family dinners this weekend. Friday and Sunday. ( we are bringing potatoes to both lol) So I really don't need much for groceries or have to cook much. Thinking we would like burgers on the bbq Saturday to break up the fancy dinners so will make a big salad with it. So just need buns and if I make ceaser salad I just need to cook bacon (have everything else).

I have a large family pack of beef thawing so I will make 1/2 into taco meat for the kids and the rest into burger patties.

I put a couch blanket in the washer this morning before I left for work. Will hang it up to dry at lunch.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

[QUOTE=Natalka;6771171]Good morning!

On the weekend, did basic shopping - however, no ham that I wanted - they said they would have them today. So that, plus more specific shopping for Easter cooking/baking.

Take care, everyone!
    [QUOTE]

The Ontario No Frills flyer shows picnic hams on sale starting Friday. I've been waiting for months to find good hand on sale.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information