User Tag List

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner plan changed! It is sunny and beautiful out so we are bbqing fahitas!! I found boneless chicken reg $10 marked down to $5. Bought 2 packages and 2 packages of La Grill hamburger spice for $2 each. Used 2 x $3 coupons so paid only $4 per package of chicken. Will make lots for dinner for the 4 of us tonight and leftovers. We have everything on hand but the wraps so he will pick those up on his way home from work. I am drooling thinking about dinner.

I bought 8 packages of the koolaid clear jammers for $5.04 for Halloween Found 8 that expire February 2018. This makes me happy to have them to put away.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Apr 28th, 2017 at 02:37 PM.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -you hold the firm and OMVIC accountable for the car matter. As for the weather, tonight and next 5 nights seem to have rain in forecast if Environment Canada's site is accurate.I noticed Weather Network shows slightly different temperatures for same 6 day range compared to EC's site for Hamilton ON. Not sure why. So Mon will be 23 C and 6C (or 13C per WN) on Tues.

Cooler but sunny day. Ideal for getting some shopping done. First time I earned the PC Plus 3000 bonus pts for spending $30 as I found some 50% off items to try in food (chocolate hazelnut beverage in tetra pack-$4.29 reg., nori flavour brown rice crackers=$1.99 reg., 10pk Five Alive drink boxes $3.99 reg.) to add to my needed items (frozen fruit, reduced apples, California veggie mix, pizza sauce and canned flavoured tuna). Otherwise I had planned to spend about $15-20 for today's purchases plus a new long distance calling card for Mom (to call relative prior to trip and to call sibling from Toronto when she returns).

Noticed that some variation of PC free detergent exists with a new powder blue cap (not just the cold wash formula). I saw 24 load jugs@$4.99 and 96 load jugs@$15.99 (the points program has 1600 pts offer for every $8 spent on PC detergent his week tbut I am stocked up on the product for about two more months). Think my Fortinos is about to pink sticker the PC original detergent 96 load jug and a bunch of Tide (orange bottles) as a cart was full of pulled products but no stickers.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I love the reduced carts at our RCSS. I noticed lots of tampons and pads today. Will check tomorrow with no tax day and coupons in hand and see what I decide is a deal.

My honey stopped there last night to grab the one rebate item he was picking up. He bought us each a Lindt Chocolate bunny and me some Goody hair ties that he found reduced. He is a keeper
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

1st load of laundry of the season hanging outside to dry. I have some sheets and towels to wash tonight and I am going to make myself hang them out Saturday before I go out even though its not supposed to be as warm. I just have to get back in the habit.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My stomach dropped when I received a text message. I no longer have a summer daycare child. A family member offered to care for their. Hold. The mom gave me enough notice to not be in violation of her daycare contract. Ahhh! I really need an income. Dh doesn't earn enough at his job to pay all of our current bills. We have continued to tighten the financial belt and are discussing other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I love the reduced carts at our RCSS. I noticed lots of tampons and pads today. Will check tomorrow with no tax day and coupons in hand and see what I decide is a deal.

My honey stopped there last night to grab the one rebate item he was picking up. He bought us each a Lindt Chocolate bunny and me some Goody hair ties that he found reduced. He is a keeper

It has been a few weeks. I am, honestly, overwhelmed with life. Working half-time and home half-time is harder than I thought. It may be the time of year with work, but I feel like I am being pulled in many different directions. Not working really isn't an option. I love being home, but I also love my job. I feel like I am working full-time for half-time pay right now, because I have been working a lot while the baby naps and in the evenings.

To top it off, I get my teacher performance appraisal done (evaluation by principal) which is about a 3 week process in May. I think I am learning that my season of part-time work will be done once all kids are in school. The sacrifice is worth it for them (no childcare costs, being there to get them off the bus), but I don't really like part-time...when I thought I would LOVE it.

Online sales have been crummy, I have lots of little items...so this means GARAGE SALE. Prepping when I have time and will do on a whim since we are well-trafficked and can put an ad online!

I read three pages back, good to see old and new faces!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

@ johnb56789 We did get those coupons but they were out of paninis! We had coupons from the show and save book buy one sub and drink get a second sub free!
    @ Frugalbigmama I felt the same about the ribbed tanks from Old Nave that I got for $2. They never have them anymore.
    I got off work early today and did some shopping at No Frills, time to fill up that freezer! lol
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Granger - I always thought it would get easier when the kids were older but then it is different stress/worry. And they are always hungry!!! lol Hang in there! hugs!
    Angela273, Ciel, Granger and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avrose View Post
    @ johnb56789 We did get those coupons but they were out of paninis! We had coupons from the show and save book buy one sub and drink get a second sub free!
    @ Frugalbigmama I felt the same about the ribbed tanks from Old Nave that I got for $2. They never have them anymore.
    I got off work early today and did some shopping at No Frills, time to fill up that freezer! lol
    You are filling the freezer when I am trying to empty it!
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

What a gem of a day, did 2 loads of laundry as its supposed to rain the next 5 days....blah

Supper was chicken drumsticks on the bbq, bean salad and French fries (was going to make dumplings but changed my mind).

We pickup on our laying hens tomorrow....yippee....so excited.
    @Frugalbigmama hide those drinks, well prepared as always for Halloween.
    @Angela273 very kind of the lady to give plenty of notice but none the less, it's disappointing.

Wishing everyone a great weekend, stay dry (lol)
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Here's a link to May's frugal chatter thread

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/421455...a/#post6780685
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J&C: I am envious of your chicken adventure. I have warned DH once we are out of the city we are getting chickens.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So glad this week is over, I was only in our branch for one day helping with the move but I never complain again about moving a house. Between the move and the Open House I did not check my email for 2 days so I spent most of Thursday catching up.

I already have a load of laundry going today, it includes the last of the items I needed to wash to post for sale. I wanted to do this load yesterday but time got away from me yesterday as I was working on a project for work.

Hoping to get a number of items posted today but time will tell as I also have some cleaning I want to get done. I just waiting for Mom to leave for work so an have the house to myself. I am not sure why but I always find it easier when I want to do some massive cleaning to do it when no one is around.

Mom is getting ready to leave so time to get ready to clean, hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Good morning everyone! Hopefully, I will get the chance to check in later. We're off to the dentist for some expensive news now.

@Frugalbigmama: Are the Lindt bunnies reduced any further than 50% at RCSS?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    J&C: I am envious of your chicken adventure. I have warned DH once we are out of the city we are getting chickens.
    Road trip!
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

MacGyver clothing save last night-spotted one of Mom's spring tops in the hamper and washed it. Noticed how worn/torn one side of drawstring was and pondered a trip to WM this morning for super narrow ribbon. Minutes later, idea! My two toned shoe laces are a close enough blue to the top that I gave them a quick wash and spent about 30min with a bodkin trying to thread one through after I ripped the old drawstring and managed to each both halves out. Sporty looking string and the wooden beads were put back on. Top is ready for her suitcase! She was OK with the update when I explained my reasoning. Other top is fine with its drawstring (I don't have purple laces on hand anyway).
    lilo0003 likes this.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information