User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Yay! Picked up another Temptations cooking set....fyi: great prices today!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    I have a set of the nesting bowls, 3 sets of the mug, saucer and spoons, which I use all the time. I agree that shipping is expensive. So for some of the sets I waited until there was a coupon for free shipping-then I took advantage. These coupons are few and far between, however.
    Someone else yet addicted to this stuff!! I've honestly never seen a free shipping at the same time at Temptations...but boy, if I did, I'd be stocking up for sure! Hard to find my floral eggplant, however.
    Take care!
    maggiespice and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Awwww...I'm so proud on you!! I know why they call those things TEMPTations!!
    Love the cows...they're so charming, so shabby chic in a kitchen, if you like that decorating style..
    What colour/style did you order?
    I ordered the casseroles in old world red - thinking I should mix up the colours. I thought about ordering the blue to match the ones I had, but then I thought well it doesn't matter. I'm not so matchy-matchy these days.

The cow set I have in old world blue - I just thought they were so cute. My kitchen has no 'style', lol!
    I also have the OLD WORLD LID-IT BAKER W/SERVER BLUE.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Lynn49 ! Those are so pretty! Sadly, I have no space in my little house for new pots and such and I can't justify buying new ones when I don't really need them.
    @Natalka : I like those cows, they're so cute!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    @Lynn49! Those are so pretty! Sadly, I have no space in my little house for new pots and such and I can't justify buying new ones when I don't really need them.
    @Natalka: I like those cows, they're so cute!
    ...I totally understand, @GoJays ....my DH said we may have to purge some of our other cookware....he was kidding of course...I could never purge cookware!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

...I totally understand, @GoJays ....my DH said we may have to purge some of our other cookware....he was kidding of course...I could never purge cookware!!
    How much space is DH taking up?
    Thumpersmom, Lynn49, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    How much space is DH taking up?
    Ooooohhh. Good point! Hahaha....nah. After 46 years, I think I'll keep him.
    Thumpersmom, Natalka and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    OP great deal
    great brag
    now, about those baked goodies for Easter, what time did you say I should come over
    Haha! I'd love to see the dishes on the table-sense of occasion or discovery. That is why it's fun to get excited for a pattern, colour or theme-the sense of wonder and occasion.
    Thumpersmom and Lynn49 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

The Temptation dishes are so pretty. I especially like that red nesting set you got. If I had seen your post sooner, I probably would have gotten that one since I had a code as well.

I had gotten a set of bowls before when I had a $50 off coupon from TSC. I get lots of compliments when I use them for pot luck lunches. The compliments are mostly for the dishes not what's inside them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

.. @Shwa Girl, two weeks ago I was making our DD her 40th b'day cake to have at their place after we all went out for dinner, and it HAD, just HAD to be the chocolate cake that I make that's so fudgey and everyone just loves it.
    For Easter, I was going to make a white forest cake, but oh, noooooo...our DD has conspired with her MIL, lol...and it's that chocolate cake again!! Honestly! That's why I'm making those lemon tarts...at least they feel like spring! Maybe I'll set my peeps, one on each, on those. One thing I do every year is put peeps somewhere on my desserts!!
    But oh....another chocolate cake...her MIL said on her b'day that I could sell them!! If they only knew how easy my "secret" recipe is....!! It IS decadent, though..

Take care, Sweetie!

Now you have to share you recipe. Pretty Please
    Thumpersmom and Lynn49 like this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, my goodness, @kerrylj.....the reason my recipe is such a "secret" around here is because it's so embarassingly simple...I wouldn't want anyone to know how it's made!!!

So if you promise not to tell my family.......it's in ALLRECIPES.com, and it's called Too Much Chocolate Cake...Just look through the reviews, it's really a knock-out and you wouldn't know that it uses...shhhhh...cakemix!!! And of course lots of other stuff and love..

But here's the thing...in Canada we don't have a box mix that has the right amount of grams, so you'll have to buy two boxes of mix and weigh it on a kitchen scale...although I think it's about a cup extra of the other box.

Then of course, I make cake mix cookies for our GS.....leftover mix (usually a box of cakemix), 1/2c oil,, 2 eggs, mix it up, make cookies!

So, now you see why I don't tell anyone here my secret? hahaha.....but it's absolutel decadent and there is no "cake mix" taste like using a regular cake mix which I never use except in this instance. Which seems to be every time we have a get-together around here...sigh...whch is also why I usually make 2 desserts to stretch my wings a little...

There's my "secret"!!

I should add>>>I've made it in a bundt pan sprayed wth Pam and it slips out beautifully every time. I've also made it in my largest, 12" spring-form pan, and same result...no sticking, although I do put parchment paper in the bottom which peels off perfectly when I flip the cake over.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Apr 3rd, 2017 at 11:19 AM.
    Thumpersmom, kerrylj and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Alrightee... so I discovered I have enough Paypal money from surveys and such, so I went ahead and ordered the casserole set, so yay!

I need a new 3L anyway, and would spend $15 for an enamel roaster anyways...
    yee haw!!
    I was reading each post you made @Natalka and struggling along with you as you calculated the cost.
    Those sets are simply delightful! If I dare order another " kitchen " anything right now i am sure the family will have me committed, so i have to pass.

Thanks @Lynn49 for posting this though, and congrats on the ones you ordered.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yeah, walks, purchases like that are tough for me - for several reasons, mostly since I have such limited kitchen space, anything I use has to be uber-functional - and at most I can have doubles of something; if I'm making a casserole, it's nicer to have it in a pretty dish than in a clear glass one or roaster.
    And the cleanup with TT is just amazing, so easy-breezy.
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Apr 3rd, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Thumpersmom, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Got my set delivered on Friday, unpacked it yesterday - all in good shape.

I had chosen the red, but it's a really light red, kinda on the orangey side.
    Wish now I would have gotten the blue, but that's okay - it's not that I don't like it.

I do wish there were more than one lid, because I can see myself often using two at once in the oven.
    Thumpersmom, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information