User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: SSL / HTTPS Security now enabled on SC Forum

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As of late on Friday April 7...

As the title says, security has been enabled on the forum site and is now the default. You should always see the URL on the forum starting with HTTPS now.

Please post in this thread any issues or concerns that arise. If you are posting, include screenshots of errors you see or details of the errors.

The reason for implementing this now is because a few people have expressed concerns of the usernames and passwords being sent unencrypted, so we worked to do this as quickly as possible.

So, please do let us know if you see any issue that might be a result of this change.

Thank you.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

@dataiv

Are these problems related to the changes that were made:

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/421180...a/#post6770085
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/389322...3/#post6770519

There are other issues as well, double posts, blank post when editing etc.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't believe so, as they both seem to have been happening before April 7th. Can you confirm this is the case, with both problems? I know I remember double posting issues every once in a while from a long while ago. The schema (HTTP or HTTPS) should have no effect on any PHP/vBulletin forum issues.
    Ladybug2011 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I was just going to send this direct to Boo but since the change to https several users get logged out all the time despite having checked the remember me box and others reported issues with facebook connect

Other issues that need to be fixed include

- the double posting has always occurred occasionally but there seems to be a flare up with many users suddenly getting either a double post or "are you sure you want to leave this page?" message

- editing posts (typically long ones) https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/421180...a/#post6770085
    We have several threads that are ongoing lists of coupons etc and they are all experiencing issues editing.

- adding images (from basic image upload) sometimes posts the image twice (not replicated on my end but a couple of users mentioned it). You still have to click basic editor to get it to work or use manage attachments for multiple images which frustrates members
    Abby1, Ladybug2011 and KelJo like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Took 4 attempts to log-in today. On the 4th attempt, log-in page advised me I had used up 4 out 5 attempts, but I finally got in on the 4th. Yes, I used the correct log-in credentials (password). I entered the information really slow and carefully cause with recent changes, it's frustrating when I get locked out and cannot finish my update task. This is a consistent problem and has occurred several times, but thought I should report the log-in issue so you believe us that there are log-in problems.
    Ladybug2011 and KelJo like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug2011 View Post
    @dataiv

Are these problems related to the changes that were made:

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/421180...a/#post6770085
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/389322...3/#post6770519
    There are other issues as well, double posts, blank post when editing etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dataiv View Post
    I don't believe so, as they both seem to have been happening before April 7th. Can you confirm this is the case, with both problems? I know I remember double posting issues every once in a while from a long while ago. The schema (HTTP or HTTPS) should have no effect on any PHP/vBulletin forum issues.
    @dataiv , regarding my REPORTED ISSUE, it was experienced on April 8 & 9, and I am still UNABLE to edit the post as of today. Used browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Opera; Windows 10. I have not received any Technical Support follow-up to my raised issue.
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/421180...-table-canada/

It took me approx. 25 log-in to post this reply to you to update you. Each time I performed a different step, EDIT MODE, ADVANCED, PREVIEW, SUBMIT REPLY, I was repeatedly prompted to input my credentials. Each step required my credentials 4-5 times before it would accept (very irritating).

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

The problem I spoke about here, I first noticed on April 9. Everything was working fine last week.
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/421180...a/#post6770503

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I'm experiencing ALL of the problems listed above and it started April 9th

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks all for the information. Some of these issues could also be related to the PHP upgrade from 5.3 to 5.6. I am making a change now to increase the available memory for PHP handling, as it's possible this change may have pushed it over the limit and now it is running out of memory in some instances with large posts/large things to edit/users with large numbers of PMs.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@rockco : I also can't edit the post you referenced, it just shows blank as you showed. Not sure where that error lies... I will try and replicate this isolated from everyone else and see where that leads to. Thanks for reporting!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@rockco : I also can't edit the post you referenced, it just shows blank as you showed. Not sure where that error lies... I will try and replicate this isolated from everyone else and see where that leads to. Thanks for reporting!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I see you have also fallen victim to the double post. You should research this problem too...it's like the UPDATE process is slow to respond or trying to authenticate the poster, and then if you hit ENTER again to try and bypass/update, it double posts. Tagged you with the double post... you have replicated the bug, now fix please.

ADDED:
    Here's extra information to help with root cause analysis. After entering your text and hitting SAVE, the system seems to be in saving mode for a very long time. After ENTERING again, it will double post. To bypass the double post, I open a new TAB in the same browser and view the post which does show that the text entered has been updated. I close the original TAB which was used to enter the text.

It seems the update does go through on the original TAB, but for the end user, it seems to sit on the "saving" status forever. Because the end user doesn't know what's happening, in the original TAB, they hit ENTER again which re-enters the keyed text from their computer again.

So, the "saving" function doesn't appear as complete to the end user and is in a constant save status, but in fact, the update has been applied (or at least has been applied in my situations).

ADDED 2:
    The double post can occur on new posts (like yours) or when one is editing an existing post (I've encountered this situation a few times).
    Last edited by rockco; Tue, Apr 11th, 2017 at 09:31 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I posted that double post of mine, I did this: typed in the quick reply box and then clicked on "post quick reply" once. Nothing else. So certainly I do believe that it happens and have seen it happen before. @rockco I do apologize for the inconveniences and annoying things you are seeing happen. It is not good.

Unfortunately I am not a vBulletin expert and as a result have to spend quite a bit of time digging to figure out something like this. I have started doing that to see if I can get any information from any logs, and who knows, maybe this will double post too. But I sincerely am sorry for these problems.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I posted that double post of mine, I did this: typed in the quick reply box and then clicked on "post quick reply" once. Nothing else. So certainly I do believe that it happens and have seen it happen before. @rockco I do apologize for the inconveniences and annoying things you are seeing happen. It is not good.

Unfortunately I am not a vBulletin expert and as a result have to spend quite a bit of time digging to figure out something like this. I have started doing that to see if I can get any information from any logs, and who knows, maybe this will double post too. But I sincerely am sorry for these problems.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK, it doubled again. Weird indeed. I had let it sit for a while, then clicked post. I am searching the logs..
    Last edited by dataiv; Wed, Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: test
    rockco and Davetherave like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information