User Tag List

Like Tree16Likes
  • 6 Post By joannamommy
  • 3 Post By bhlombardy
  • 3 Post By CrazyQT
  • 4 Post By maggiespice

Thread: Bell Canada surveys ......free offers at end of survey.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is not free BEWARE.....They offer numerous items (just pay shipping...) at the end of their survey based on the service change you requested. It's not free. I agreed to pay shipping of $4.99. and was supposed to get Anti aging cream free. My credit card was charged $129.99!!!! in addition to the $4.99. Bell should be on top of this and not offer scammers linked to their name. Thank goodness my bank deleted the charge!
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell
    Newfiescreech, hcao, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm afraid to say it, but that wasnt Bell Canada... not the telco company anyway.

My mother had this same thing happen to her.... and when she talked to the fraud dept of her financial institution they were all too aware of the company in question and their practices.

The company you were speaking to goes by a couple of names... Abella, Abella Mayfair, True Bell, Bell Mayfair, and sometimes just "Bell"... as a cosmetics company.

Since they are based in the US, they can call themselves "Bell" without legally or technically infringing on Bell Canada.

In any event, Bell Canada can't do anything about it. A company from another country calling themselves "Bell" is perfectly legal.

The practice of defrauding you ISNT legal, but my point is there's nothing Bell Canada can do about it.

-- incidentally, get the bank to issue you a new credit card. The company will try and charge you again, I bet on it. (they did with my mother)
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and DaveP like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I would be a little sceptical in the first place if I had been offered face cream as a gift for doing a survey for Bell Canada.

Glad you got your money back.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for letting us know this....

A person should not have to be on guard every time you pick up the phone and you don't know who is calling. (I know I sure am when I don't recognize the number!)

Thread Information