User Tag List

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My new daycare girl is doing good today, which is nice since this is a very busy week for our family. I also have some drip in kids this week. Our twins have a sinus cold and I'm still hoping that our big boy doesn't catch it...but he already has a dry cough.

This week we have a combination of evening meetings, soccer, I'm going out with a friend to a movie, plus daycare kids that are on different schedules. I'm still trying to figure out when I will make it to NF to pm some fresh produce, etc.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, May 16th, 2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweet sparrow sorry about the loss of your mother-in-law

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I am exhausted daughter stayed from sun to this afternoon with Sebastian,plus had Ashlyn at my house today also -they are done therapy and no he still doesn't want to work at the marriage -he has just decided he doesn't want it or to work at it -but he will be the best dad ever
    -my dear daughter is left still figuring this whole scenario out she has up days and down days -I guess it will take time -I feel for her and Sebastian,sebastian and her will have a lot of love and support from us

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Sweets parrow -you have done the best you can (advising DH to visit his mother while she was in care during her last days, teaching LO some boundaries while getting some personal time to self). Let laundry slide on the hot days this week and keep yourself cool as best you can. LO is going to learn she cannot have DH's constant attention when he has periods that he requires alone time at home but does not explain why to her (you probably can guess its grief). My only concern is a potential red flag may arise during the next few weeks-if DH decides that he's had it with work and wants to only do what aligns with his interests in the view that life is short--the financial scramble will up-end your household as you know it. If there is a place in your area that offers grief programs, it might be a good idea to know of when and where in case drop-ins are permitted because it helps to be heard by a third party. Whether or not you or DH access the programs, at least you know it's there.
    I'm sorry that you had not had personal time to spend alone with your MIL in her last days--that had to be hard for you too. I'm sorry for your own loss and hope you will be able to tell your DDs about things you did or shared with MIL later.
    Newfiescreech and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My new daycare girl is doing good today, which is nice since this is a very busy week for our family. I also have some drip in kids this week. Our twins have a sinus cold and I'm still hoping that our big boy doesn't catch it...but he already has a dry cough.

This week we have a combination of evening meetings, soccer, I'm going out with a friend to a movie, plus daycare kids that are on different schedules. I'm still trying to figure out when I will make it to NF to pm some fresh produce, etc.
    I was going to ask if the cats kept an eye on the new girl if she finds early mornings hard to wake for and perhaps sleeps at the outset of being dropped off. Maybe she likes the cats too (purring is cool for kids). New experience for her too so it's good that she is easing into the daycare routine. When the weather is hot, she will enjoy splashing water around with your children.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -I am exhausted daughter stayed from sun to this afternoon with Sebastian,plus had Ashlyn at my house today also -they are done therapy and no he still doesn't want to work at the marriage -he has just decided he doesn't want it or to work at it -but he will be the best dad ever
    -my dear daughter is left still figuring this whole scenario out she has up days and down days -I guess it will take time -I feel for her and Sebastian,sebastian and her will have a lot of love and support from us
    Interesting two statements from the son-in-law; he's absolutely certain of his two stances. I have to play devil's advocate and ask if he's taken parenting courses or done reading on child raising (during your daughter's pregnancy) to back up his best dad ever story (seems your daughter or you or the other grandmother are doing the daily work with Sebastian). Either he's posturing (a male thing about being in control) or he is really wanting to convey that he's got his act together on the parent front without question (but will he be relying on his own relations to pitch in with Sebastian?). As for not wanting to further work on the marriage, that is his choice to choose but if he is not totally forthright about why, it will not surprise me if he realized some parts of marriage are hard for him or he has someone else in his life (though he will be spinning another story if he remarries or has children with another person). Your daughter will get to some level peace in her time -she has a good job, loves being a parent and has her family's and friends' support. Hope both adults try to avoid disparaging or antagonizing each other via the child, who will figure out some things on his own as he gets older. The parents might want to agree on how their child's photos will be shared if both families are used to seeing him on social media.
    Newfiescreech and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

@sweet sparrow sorry for your family's loss
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama -did Enbridge make any changes to your monthly bills as of April 1? Union Gas increased the monthly billing plan amount by $22 on the gas bill (I checked recently). Wonder what the utility knows about gas prices? But then that carbon tax got added to bills so...more money.
    Newfiescreech and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Frugalbigmama -did Enbridge make any changes to your monthly bills as of April 1? Union Gas increased the monthly billing plan amount by $22 on the gas bill (I checked recently). Wonder what the utility knows about gas prices? But then that carbon tax got added to bills so...more money.
    My Enbridge bill has actually gone down. They reduced my billing amount by about 45$ a month. Not complaining!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I need some laundry help. My kids love berries, strawberries, berry smoothies, etc. The problem is that it stains their clothes. They had smoothies at lunch yesterday and baby girl got a lot on her shirt while being independent in her highchair. I quickly rinsed and scrubbed it with diluted laundry detergent, but it looks purple as soon as the area gets wet during cleaning. Other than not getting strawberries on their clothes, how can I get the stains out completely? I'm also having some difficulty getting the garden dirt stains out of their clothes too, although I do try to make sure they are in play clothes at the time.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-this may sound strange but a friend of mine used to soak her kids stained clothes in a bucket of water with Mr Clean for about 24 hrs-and then wash normally. Might be worth a try. I did it with my daughters filthy backpack, then srubbed the stains with Shout and washed normally-it came out looking virtually new.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I don't do the budget billing plan, I just like to pay my actual bill Pretty sure it depends on the house/family. Some will go up and some will go down as it all depends on usage.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS came out of his bedroom with pants on this morning. Had to remind him that it was going to be a hot day and time for shorts! Which makes laundry easy for me for him since he has about 60 tshirts and at least 10 sport shorts Easy wash and hang to dry and can get away waiting over a week to do his laundry. He will need sport pants for the fall. So I will be on the hunt this summer to stock him up

Watermelon from No Frills is really nice! Going to buy another one today. ($2.97) Our fridge is really empty. We will finish the watermelon and the few apples/bananas we have. We will be making nice dinners the next few days (have freezer full of meat etc and peppers etc to use up) but are away on Sunday so will wait to go grocery shopping Monday afternoon on our way back if anything is open.

Have a great day everyone and stay cool if you are experiencing this hot day we are expecting.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I need some laundry help. My kids love berries, strawberries, berry smoothies, etc. The problem is that it stains their clothes. They had smoothies at lunch yesterday and baby girl got a lot on her shirt while being independent in her highchair. I quickly rinsed and scrubbed it with diluted laundry detergent, but it looks purple as soon as the area gets wet during cleaning. Other than not getting strawberries on their clothes, how can I get the stains out completely? I'm also having some difficulty getting the garden dirt stains out of their clothes too, although I do try to make sure they are in play clothes at the time.
    I was going to say use Sunlight laundry soap bars to help scrub stains out but you don't have much time. Just put some dish soap on the spots and let laundry sit until you are ready for it and do a quick hand scrub under water stream cool or warm with a nylon brush (toothbrush or nail). That said, keep the kids in darker/patterned or dedicated set of clothes for the messy play/berry days. You don't need them in whites because your day is too full already. If kindergarten can make parents supply their kids with old shirts for painting, you might want to think along the same line. My shirt was dark grey with cream pin dots and there was a chest pocket (one of Dad's old shirts).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I don't do the budget billing plan, I just like to pay my actual bill Pretty sure it depends on the house/family. Some will go up and some will go down as it all depends on usage.
    The equal billing plan rate seems to change almost every three months unless two quarters in a row, Union Gas is fine with existing rate.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information