User Tag List

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Dad called to update me on grandma's condition. Grandma has improved. She is supposed to have an assessment tomorrow to check her swallowing since she inhaled the soup.
    Hi Angela.. glad hear your Grandma is doing good .. Take care yourself sweetie
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I am on holidays from babysitting this week -daughter has been here since sat with Sebastian -today we went to Niagara on the lake and had a lovely lunch she bought it for my mother's day gift so nice then we walked around the village -only bought baked goods and greaves jam everything is sooo costly there -still a lovely day then we picked up sebastian on the way home at his other grandparents home

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Shaved both dogs and clipped their nails then gave them baths. Usually in June i take them to the groomer but she's all booked up and poor dragon has been pretty warm lately. Savings $120.

Washed our quilts today and hung them to dry. So glad for a large deck railing!

Also got the doors back on 2 cupboards i painted last month in the basement.

Spent sometime checking our budget and spending and credit card as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My family is feeling pretty healthy, but my daycare girl is still sick. I'm continuing to send her to wash her hands with soap every time that she blows her nose. I don't need my kids getting sick from her.

Dh took our son to Kindergarten Registration this morning. I filled out the paperwork for Pre-K back in the fall and had our twin babies with me. The paperwork is repetitive, even more so since he has been in Pre-K at that school. They know our family, so Dh had a few choice words when they were asking him to fill out paperwork for one of us to volunteer at the school. Sure, that'd be nice, but it's not realistic. This is one of the schools where I was passed over for two maternity leave contracts again this spring.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Was pleased to find a 5pack of Bosc pears in the reduced produce area of Fortinos for $1.49 yesterday, as I could not find a pack of Granny Smith apples (just one in mixed fruit pack with citrus). Am trying to have a pear a day for rest of week. Have to avoid spending on food until next week (modest budget for next week and following week). Glad it's not a hot week nor a humid one yet. Looking forward to rains to water the lettuce and rosemary. To obtain the lavender plant next week and put it near the rosemary plant in the full sun/dry zone.

Planning to do a long walk today and wanting to return Dad's plastic plant containers to the PC garden centre site at Fortinos for recycling.
    @lilo0003 -Oakville will have some public meetings about three plans for the former downtown hospital site. I like the one plan with the big park space in the upper left corner along Reynolds Street best.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, May 24th, 2017 at 12:42 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My family is feeling pretty healthy, but my daycare girl is still sick. I'm continuing to send her to wash her hands with soap every time that she blows her nose. I don't need my kids getting sick from her.

Dh took our son to Kindergarten Registration this morning. I filled out the paperwork for Pre-K back in the fall and had our twin babies with me. The paperwork is repetitive, even more so since he has been in Pre-K at that school. They know our family, so Dh had a few choice words when they were asking him to fill out paperwork for one of us to volunteer at the school. Sure, that'd be nice, but it's not realistic. This is one of the schools where I was passed over for two maternity leave contracts again this spring.
    I can understand both sides of the volunteer situation. School is trying to make that connection during registration (wish paperwork would be easier for parents) and parents have to deal with more requests on time especially if parent councils have to organize fundraising for essentials and other big items plus deal with field trip supervision too. However, it is good to let schools know when they ask too much of families. That will guide them in their "asks" because maybe there has to be a limit.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My hands are too dry and cracking, so I decided to sell some rhubarb instead of baking with it right now. I made $5 from the one lady. I'm also selling my extra seed potatoes because we only have room for 1/3 of a bag.

Trying to keep up on household chores: dishes, laundry, picking up in the living room, etc. I had Dh stop at the store for a jug of milk because we were going to run out before Friday. Dh bought more stuff than so had wanted, particularly things he wanted to eat and some he hadn't even asked me to put on the grocery list. I was looking at the Sobeys flyer and was surprised that it wasn't advertising another big Blue Friday sale, which has been the last Friday of the month since November 2016. Sobeys doesn't even have a coupon in the flyer this week. There are a few things on sale that interest me, but I'll be interested to see what the other flyers hold.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 24th, 2017 at 10:50 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Kitchen is gone. I have a sink for a few more days but then it's gone too. We have no microwave either so meals will be creative. Lots of BBQing. Truthfully we are so busy with activities this time of year most days we each just grab and go, so I stocked up on frozen pizza for the kids.
    I have one small veggie garden done. The other will have to wait until next weekend.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Kitchen is gone. I have a sink for a few more days but then it's gone too. We have no microwave either so meals will be creative. Lots of BBQing. Truthfully we are so busy with activities this time of year most days we each just grab and go, so I stocked up on frozen pizza for the kids.
    I have one small veggie garden done. The other will have to wait until next weekend.
    Fall in love with a toaster oven. Some can fit 12" pizzas! Even frozen meals can go into the oven but just pop them out of the bag/wrapper and put into a toaster oven pan-just takes 30min. If you have Jane's chicken strips, you can usually get 10-12 onto the square pan and they are done in 20min (you don't really have to turn them over). All times are on regular temp. without any convection oven setting (too noisy for me but sibling loves it).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    I love the concept of body-squawks! Looked for a sound byte - could not find one
    You don't necessarily hear it but you certainly feel the internal ouchs, dings, and what-fors!
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Sweets parrow -peruse your fave indoor clothes dryers at Cdn Tire online and see what stock your store has. The Friday sale start has 50% off select indoor clothes dryers!
    @Frugalbigmama -would either of your sons like ripstop cargo pants/shorts? I noticed the Mark's Workwearhouse flyer shows a blue Dakota (work clothing line) pant for men. Thought the chain also had a non-work version in other colours but did not see them in the flyer. The Dakota ones are 25% off so about $48 and change on sale per pair.
    https://www.marks.com/en/categories/...Bcolor%5D=NAVY
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did a long can walk circuit on the Hamilton Mountain and found 20cents, a McCafe card with 5 stickers and 12 cans (yes, not stellar). Noticed the sidewalk on south side of Rymal Rd W from Garth to DiIorio is mostly gone and the shoulder area is 2 feet lower than the road. Exercise caution as lanes drop off on sides and there are the striped construction safety cones on the EB lanes. Of course rain drips happened a couple of times for short periods. When I got back home, a good rain began to fall--perfect for the flowers and new veggies/herb plants!

Now I thought I found a penny but the faces are so lumpy, it could just be a really closely size piece of scrap metal>tossed it out.
    Somehow I forgot where I put my coin purse, though last night I had handled it while counting funds on hand and working out my food budget. Tonight I found it in the jacket I wore during the warm afternoon yesterday. Forgot until after checking all likely spots in my room and not finding my money that I reached into the closet to the jacket. Also found the lip balm that was also not around too. Whew. Going to make a open box to put on headboard to hold those things from my coat or jacket each night. Getting tedious to play "where did I put that thing/what did I last do with ---?" And will carry the regular library card in my ID case so if I forget the tag one again, I have a card to check items out. I was at a different library branch and realized I could not borrow any materials.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 _ I wish your cats could help you stash tubes of hand cream everywhere that your twins will not find but you will when you need them. I happened to read that Elizabeth Hurley learned a moisturizing tip from Joan Collins-the latter has cream in many places all over her house and she is often applying it during the day. So if you have an apron or shelf that you stash a tube of handcream near the sinks in your house, everytime you wash your hands, try to apply cream. Save the Norwegian hand cream for bedtime (it's like Vaseline but finer) and use quick absorbing lotions during the day. I don't like ones that leave a film that make gripping a challenge of not dropping an item.
    Since I don't use gloves for dishwashing, hangnails are my frequent buddies and there are some days in a month that skin cracking is the reminder take care of the hands and reach for BandAids/ointment for the sorest areas.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel I started to wear dish gloves while washing dishes. We don't have a dishwasher, so I started protecting my hands after having the twins. I know how my hands became somewhat bad: planting the garden, lots of hand washing while there were lots of sick people in our house last week, washing hands after diaper changes, etc. I have a pump bottle of Aveeno lotion at the top of my desk in the living room, that way it is handy but out of reach of little ones. I put it on a few times a day and right before bed.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow slept 8 and a half hours last night so relaxed ,may go to library today and then to bank to cash a few much needed cheques -I just got my ebates cheque 26.00,booked a hair cut on sat ,may relax in between this today at least I cut both front and back yesterday before our rain
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information